Am I the last to know about this handy tool??!

3 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

It's the best isn't it? I've been using mine with my soft wax for almost a decade now. It's awesome... 

I bought one from a lady when. I bought her wax. Great thing to have. I love it.

and to add.......NO you are not the last to know.....this hobby (candle making) is an ongoing process beginning from buying the wax to lighting the wick.  And along the way of this journey, we pick up on things that help us along the way.

I joined this forum way back in 2005(?) and have not stopped learning little tricks of the trade as I venture thru the realm of candle making.

• Like 3

On 7/25/2018 at 8:22 AM, TallTayl said:

I keep several widths of drywall scrapers for cleaning floors and work surfaces. 

It is all about what works for each of us....and that does take time to figure out.  The last case of 4630 I order from a supplier arrived in a form that royally ticked me off....there was no paper between each of the slabs so in order to use the wax, I had to just cut into the case.........personally, I prefer having a pre-measured slab to work with but in this instance, that wasn't an option.  So I used a tool similar to the one that you posted to cut my wax into the amts that I need to use for each project.

Hey, whatever it takes to make your journey easier..........kwim.

• Like 1