How do you get the wick stickers out?

I reclaim any container I can. Getting the wax out is easy, but the old wick tabs are a different story. I pop them out using an old putty knife but it always leaves some residue. Is there a good way to clean that up?

2 minutes ago, moonshine said:

Alcohol 

spray and let it sit a few minutes then use a paper towel or micro fiber and it all goes away and the alcohol evaporates unlike using goof off 

Thanks, I have a batch fresh from the oven. I will try that as soon as they cool a bit.

This dishwasher works as well, but you need to get it out while it's still warm and don't use dry cycle.  Or soak in really hot soapy water and then take off before jar cools. They come off clean.  I've tried my heat gun as well but it doesn't work as well as the other two ways.

• Like 1

I use alcohol for ALL my cleaning needs. In a situation like you're describing, I'd pour l little alcohol in the jar. Just enough to cover the top of the stuff Let it soak for less than an hour. It usually will pop right out with just a little pry from a sharp  instrument like an ice pick. Then I take my Scotch Brite pad and use what's left of the alcohol to clean the remainder of the container, inside and out. Finishes up shiny, clean, and new looking.

Q

• Like 1

On 5/28/2018 at 9:53 AM, moonshine said:

Alcohol 

spray and let it sit a few minutes then use a paper towel or micro fiber and it all goes away and the alcohol evaporates unlike using goof off 

Rubbing  alcohol or moonshine? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Forrest said:

Rubbing  alcohol or moonshine? 

If you have both use both.  Use the rubbing alcohol on the stickers while you drink the moonshine.  That is the best of both options.

😀

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Pam W said:

IMHO if you use Tacky Wax to adhere your wicks, you have absolutely nothing to clean out when the jar is empty....really saves time on the reuse of that jar.......kwim?

Is tacky wax reusable and also were do you get yours from?

I get it from the craft store......it's in a little round yellow container.  I don't think it is reusable -- you put a little on the bottom of the wick and press it down...if you have to reattach a wick for what ever reason then you will probably have to apply a new application of tacky-wax...but it takes less than the size of you pinky finger nail.