Caribbean Teakwood

Jeana

I’ve used this scent from CS for years but for a while now I’ve noticed the throw barely exists. I looked at the reviews and I see others feel the same. I thought it was a wax issue, but I’ve tested it recently in many different waxes. I get the same results, very little throw. Does any one else carry this scent that gives a stronger throw? 

This is one of my favorites! I've only been using it for a year and I am only on my second bottle so I can not compare to anything beyond that. It throws well for me in Palm wax and their Reed diffuser base. 

This is one of the oils I picked up on their $.99 sale.

It does have a very soft HT to my nose. I use 7% in a 80/20 paraffin/soy blend. I just assumed it was the nature of the fragrance, like Barnwood and most sandalwoods. It smells wonderful, I just burn it in my bedroom, where the fragrance has less space to fill.

On 3/31/2018 at 10:47 PM, Jeana said:

I’ve used this scent from CS for years but for a while now I’ve noticed the throw barely exists. I looked at the reviews and I see others feel the same. I thought it was a wax issue, but I’ve tested it recently in many different waxes. I get the same results, very little throw. Does any one else carry this scent that gives a stronger throw? 

What wax have you been testing in? I get great results in soy/para blends, but not so great in only soy.

On 4/2/2018 at 11:46 AM, Sarah S said:

This is one of the oils I picked up on their $.99 sale.

It does have a very soft HT to my nose. I use 7% in a 80/20 paraffin/soy blend. I just assumed it was the nature of the fragrance, like Barnwood and most sandalwoods. It smells wonderful, I just burn it in my bedroom, where the fragrance has less space to fill.

I am only scenting it at 6%. I could try going higher, but I never had to before :( Plus, it gets really expensive to add more FO. If I go for 7 instead of 6% it can add almost $20 to each order I fill with it. Oh well, I guess no one else carries this scent or one similar to it. 

3 hours ago, strugglebrother said:

What wax have you been testing in? I get great results in soy/para blends, but not so great in only soy.

I've use it in a soy, para/soy, paraffin straight, para/coco, and a para/veggie. None of them fill a room like it used to. I test in different places too. The best I can get is waves here and there of scent, not a full room of scent. 

1 hour ago, Jeana said:

I've use it in a soy, para/soy, paraffin straight, para/coco, and a para/veggie. None of them fill a room like it used to. I test in different places too. The best I can get is waves here and there of scent, not a full room of scent. 

Yeah, I guess it's not the strongest of scents... their rating of it being 3 out of 3 is a bit misleading. I've used it in a blend, haven't tried it on its own, unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, strugglebrother said:

Yeah, I guess it's not the strongest of scents... their rating of it being 3 out of 3 is a bit misleading. I've used it in a blend, haven't tried it on its own, unfortunately.

What do you mix it with? I was even trying to think of that. Something to pep it up without taking over.

The original CT was not body safe, but now it is, so there has obviously been some type of alterations to it. Funny thing is, it is super strong in CP soap.

Edited by Jeana

On 4/3/2018 at 9:26 PM, Jeana said:

What do you mix it with? I was even trying to think of that. Something to pep it up without taking over.

The original CT was not body safe, but now it is, so there has obviously been some type of alterations to it. Funny thing is, it is super strong in CP soap.

Hmm, can't remember what I mixed it with... Maybe try and boost the top mid or base with another fragrance, sandalwood or amber / bergamot?

On 4/3/2018 at 10:32 PM, pughaus said:

@jeana have you ever tried Flaming Candle's Caribbean Teakwood?  I've seen it on their site but haven't bought it yet.

I saw a few suppliers who have a Caribbean Teakwood but I don't know if they are the same, and if its the exact same, I wonder if I would have the same throw issues. I was hoping someone has used one of the other ones and could help me compare. I don't order from any of the suppliers I found, or I would have ordered some testers. I think I'm going to try going up to 7% to see if it helps. 

10 minutes ago, pcbrook said:

Caribbean Teakwood is an awesome thrower for me but I have not ordered it in a while.  I still have some from over a year ago.  It could be weaker now. 

I, too have some of this FO............It did throw well in 4360 but I'll have to dig it out and play with it again...........another one of those FOs that I might want to play around with in blending.

• Like 1

On April 8, 2018 at 5:14 PM, Pam W said:

I, too have some of this FO............It did throw well in 4360 but I'll have to dig it out and play with it again...........another one of those FOs that I might want to play around with in blending.

Oh my gosh! Blend the Cuban Tobacco and the Teakwood! *swoon*

I bet that would be amazing! Sadly I am out of both, but I'm putting that on my list!

I have no idea how similar or not the scent is, but I tried Indonesian Teakwood from wholesale supplies plus in some simple wax melts to try out this owl shaped wax warmer I received as a gift. 

Their scent description of it is, "A rich and intriguing blend of falling leaves, fresh citrus, fireside warmth, indonesian teakwood, patchouli and amber."

I honestly don't like the first impression smell of this FO, like how it smells in the beginning after application in a product. The fruit aspect is just jarring and off to me with the background stuff going on (sort of a cologne smell with a little wood and earth?). 

However, once it gets going, the fruity factor neutralizes into something much more subtle so that overall it's like a mildly fresh, very slightly sweet wood sort of smell. 

Throw was strong from the electric powered wax warmer after about an hour in a room approximately 12x16 feet I'd guess it.