Heart Inspired by CraftyChris Updated w/burn pic

sharyl55

Won't know until tomorrow Michael when I start burning it. 1st time I've done the layered hearts in one of these dishes.

Ducky, I could have dropped the bottom wick 1/4". Will on the next one.

I'll let you know what happens when I start testing it.

I think it looks great! I think the layer of red on the bottom makes it-you could even make the red thicker, and the pink thinner. I love it though---I've never put hearts on top before, I put lips on some today, and sail boats, with a blue under, and a bit of "sand"(tan granular wax) sprinkled on it. The boat one was very cool.

Took a picture after the 1st 4 hr burn. Hearts melted fine without drowning out the wicks. Hoping the sides catch up on the 2nd burn. Mixed a little 6228 with the J223 to make the hearts. Never had much luck working with J223 embeds. Wicked with 3 CD12s.

Thanks Chris. I'll make the bottom red a little deeper on the next one. Did you take a picture of the sailboat heart. Would love to see it.

post-195-139458391212_thumb.jpg

Looks soooooo cute. :)

Can I say I HATEEEEEEE this container- I can't tell you how many wicks I've tried! I'm now trying two differ sizes in the darn thing and moving the top wicks closer to the top.

I like the idea of using differ colors for the layered hearts (embeds).

Mine burn great too-with embeds on top, you have to keep your wicks a bit longer than you normally would, so they don't drown as the wax fills in the spaces.

I did take a photo of the sailboats, but forgot the camera at the store, I'll try and post it this weekend, the lips one too :)

I think it looks great and i like the way you put the heart on it. I use a pretty large rose on my heart dishes and they burn great. Ive allways used 3 51z,s spaced out closer to the edge of the glass . I think you did a great job. Lin

Ok, all these beautiful heart dishes have inspired me, I've just got to go to Walmart and get a couple (if they still have some ??).

I love the hearts layered on top, and glad to know they didn't drown out the wicks. WTG girl! :thumbsup:

Pink Sugar is such a great scent, and totally perfect for Vday!! :D