Aztec...new FO...zero self control!

Sarah S

Did you see the new FO? A spicy coconut Lush dupe, sounds really good!

I'm slightly obsessed with coconut right now, OF COURSE, I had to buy it! 🙄

And then I had the 5 for 5 coupon to use....

And how could I forget I wanted to try their Sandalwood as a mixer? And the Barnwood in case the Sandalwood didn't pass muster?

But holy cow, I managed to control myself enough to fit the order in the flat rate box so the shipping was cheeeeeeap! 😁

And I got the Nag for one of my freebies to give to my bestie, so I did a good deed today too! 😇

Yep, it was very generous of me to place that order, wouldn't you say? 😆😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Sarah S, Hahahahaha!!!  :)  I like the way you think.  You bought the Barnwood in case the Sandalwood didn't pass muster.  Sounds logical to me.

I got the email about the new Coconut and checked it out already.  Thought maybe I could buy some Love Spell from Aztec also as I just used the last of what I had.  But theirs is most expensive than NG where I got my last bottle.  Hmmmm.  What to do?  Oh yes, I'm trying to restrain myself.  Must. Remember. That.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Oh Gail, I have 1 ounce of the Love Spell in my "hate collection" I can send to you if you want...?

Sarah, I love their Barnwood.  Actually glad you posted that as I need to order a pound of it as I'm out.

Oh Gail, definitely you need to order more oils I would say....Your list you posted needs more updated oils, don't you think? lol, lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

Thanks, @Trappeur for the offer.  But I still have 11 Love Spell candles made, and maybe that will do awhile. My wholesale account bought 10 for Valentine's Day.  I'll be needing to replenish some more Nature's Garden FO's by springtime I'm sure, so I'll probably just order another pound of Love Spell then.

I like Love Spell; it's a nice fruity scent to me.  :)   

And stop enabling me!!!!! No I don't need more updated oils.  No.  :D

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GailC said:

@Sarah S, Hahahahaha!!!  :)  I like the way you think.  You bought the Barnwood in case the Sandalwood didn't pass muster.  Sounds logical to me.

I got the email about the new Coconut and checked it out already.  Thought maybe I could buy some Love Spell from Aztec also as I just used the last of what I had.  But theirs is most expensive than NG where I got my last bottle.  Hmmmm.  What to do?  Oh yes, I'm trying to restrain myself.  Must. Remember. That.  

Gail ,The Candlesource has a great Love Spell ,so strong and spot on to the original . I am not fond of the scent ,not even from Victoria Secret ,have customers that love it thou .Lol I was just writing you about the Aztec scent a few min ago .I will be happy to send you a sample of Candlesource Love Spell .I rate it better than Aztecs .I am not putting Aztec down at all ,love most every scent I get from them .I just see a huge difference in CS verses Aztec Love Spell .I blend Aztecs Sandalwood with C Source True Rose ,super seller. I am not a Rose fan either ,however I have many customers that are , especially mixed with Sandalwood .I also do the CS True Rose with Baby Powder . I have plenty of LS if you want to try a sample from CS .Some of their oils are Amazingly strong & some not .I don't mind sending ya some to test 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

And how could I forget I wanted to try their Sandalwood as a mixer? And the Barnwood in case the Sandalwood didn't pass muster?

But holy cow, I managed to control myself enough to fit the order in the flat rate box so the shipping was cheeeeeeap! 😁

And I got the Nag for one of my freebies to give to my bestie, so I did a good deed today too! 😇

Yep, it was very generous of me to place that order, wouldn't you say? 😆

4 hours ago, Sarah S said:

Yep, it was very generous of me to place that order, wouldn't you say? 😆😆

My customers love Sandalwood .I use Aztecs. I am not a sandalwood fan ,but use it alot with blends .Also very strong on its own .Hope this helps .The Green Coconut did not sound so good to me lol. I cannot get past the Cinnamon & Clove notes with the coconut .It may be great thou . I will order a sample with my 5 for 5 deal ,just to satisfy my curiosity kwim.I think you will like their Sandalwood . I to love tropical and coconut scents .Aztecs Copper coconut is wonderful if you have not tried  this one ,I highly recommend 😀

• Like 2

I have a love/hate relationship with these darn freebees.  Aztec for one has sucked me in to now want to place another order.  RE is another one but I order from them enough to refrain until I need to order.  The perils of FO

@Trappeur  I don't like Love Spell either, too perfume smelling for me but I make it and sell lots of it.  I have Peak's so I guess Aztec will be my replacement when I need it again, I got a sample and it's really close.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, GailC said:

Thanks, @Trappeur for the offer.  But I still have 11 Love Spell candles made, and maybe that will do awhile. My wholesale account bought 10 for Valentine's Day.  I'll be needing to replenish some more Nature's Garden FO's by springtime I'm sure, so I'll probably just order another pound of Love Spell then.

I like Love Spell; it's a nice fruity scent to me.  :)   

And stop enabling me!!!!! No I don't need more updated oils.  No.  :D

Well, I'm only trying to help you so you don't run out of oils....lol, lol.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

Isn't it funny, I'm not a big fan of Lovespell either, but it's the main fragrance in one of my blends that is hugely popular. I like NG's, but now I might have to try TCS. 😄

8 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

Isn't it funny, I'm not a big fan of Lovespell either, but it's the main fragrance in one of my blends that is hugely popular. I like NG's, but now I might have to try TCS. 😄

TCS has the strongest Love Spell for me anyways .I use paraffin waxes .I am like you ,do not love this scent ,however it is a huge seller. I also make Bath Bombs in this scent ,cannot make these fast enough .I find some of the TCS oils are super strong & prices are great .Here is my list of the ones I purchase & have great results .These are must haves for me .

Love Spell 

Butt Naked ,renamed Summer Picnic 

True Rose

Froot Loops

Gardenia

Honeysuckle

Sweet Pea/BBW Type

Plumeria/BBW Type

Pink Sugar

True Lavender

Sun Washed Linen 

Clothesline

Clean Cotton

Lemongrass

Pink Lemonade

Leather

Vanilla & Fresh Berries

Eucalyptus Spearmint /BBW Type 

Spearmint Candy

Chrismas Splendor 

I did not realize I have such a long list of must haves from them .I am sure I may have missed a few as well. All the above are very strong and have become permanent for me, after testing many of the same scent from different suppliers . You can't beat the price for the quality of these I named .Keep in mind I make wax melts with paraffin  waxes .I highly recommend TCS Love Spell .Hope this helps you decide .Lol sorry so many listed ,just thought you may want to check these out as well.Their shipping is very reasonable too. Oh their Orange Vanilla is a good one too. I did recently switch to FB Orange Sherbet ,only because I liked the scent a tad bit more .TCS Sherbet is good thou .I could make a long list of not so good from TCS for me ,however I do not think that would be very fair ,due to everyone may get different results with different waxes ,products ,etc....Hope you try TCS Love Spell 😀I will send you a sample if you'de like .

37 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

I use most of the TCS Florals for blending .The ones I mentioned are all spot on to the real flowers imo.Especially True Rose ,Gardenia & Honeysuckle .I actually blend the florals to tone then down ,due to the strength of these .I like to put a twist on flower scents & come up with some very unique scents. If you think about it ,that is the same thing Bath& Body Works does ,along with many other high end companies .JC here does many unique blends with her oils .She mixes many of her scents to make unique scents .She has a lot of experience for many years along with Candybee .I have learned so much from reading their post about blends .Thank you both if they ever read this thread .They have taught me not be to afraid to try anything in this business .I have come up with some huge sellers blending oils .You make it your own and results can be Amazing & rewarding 😀

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Oh Gail, I have 1 ounce of the Love Spell in my "hate collection" I can send to you if you want...?

Sarah, I love their Barnwood.  Actually glad you posted that as I need to order a pound of it as I'm out.

Oh Gail, definitely you need to order more oils I would say....Your list you posted needs more updated oils, don't you think? lol, lol

Trappeur

I need to start me a Hate stash lmbo..The issue with my hate oils ,they never get tested .They sit and wait &wait& wait .I do donate to the Women's Children's shelter to help clear oils .These woman are from abused environments and basically running away from the abuser ,some have children .They make candles,bombs,soaps to raise money for the things they need while living in the shelter .It is great that they have a place to go and protected from the abuser .It's a fresh start for all of them.I give all I can to help these ladies and their children.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I have been eye balling Copper Coconut for a while now probably because I love the name.  Let us know what you think when you get.

And my " hate stash"???  I've never tried any of them!  lol.....but I hate em and they all smell alike to me.  I don't know WHAT I was thinking about when I bought these.....when I knew they just weren't for me... Probably just wanted to have things that nobody else did.  Well I sure do have them....(in my closet)

Here is what I have in the stash.  Anybody want some, you can have em!

Community:   Beach Bohemian

Candle Science:  Love Spell

CS:                         Mediterranean Fig

CS:                         Angel Type

CS:                         Oakmoss and Amber

CS:                         Juniper Breeze

CS:                         Black Sea  (sounded nice and erotic at the time...)

CS:                        Caribbean Teakwood (sounds like an upscale earthy scent)

CS:                         Montego Bay  (I bought because I liked the name....now how stupid was I ordering for a name? Huh?)

BC:                         Ocean Mist (Someone must have given me that...)

Flaming:               Blonde Moment (I must have had a blonde moment when I ordered this one that is for sure)

Flaming;               Black Ginger and Bamboo

Flaming:               Beachwood

Flaming:               Baja Cactus (now I did make some candles in this and they sold immediately at my Apple Orchard Account - maybe I better do more)

Flaming:               Dragons Blood

Flaming:               Caribbean Teakwood

Flaming:               Bathos

RE:                         Eucalyptis and Thyme

Maybe, just maybe if I put some of these in wax I just might like.....but...nah....

Trappeur

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I have been eye balling Copper Coconut for a while now probably because I love the name.  Let us know what you think when you get.

And my " hate stash"???  I've never tried any of them!  lol.....but I hate em and they all smell alike to me.  I don't know WHAT I was thinking about when I bought these.....when I knew they just weren't for me... Probably just wanted to have things that nobody else did.  Well I sure do have them....(in my closet)

CS:                        Caribbean Teakwood (sounds like an upscale earthy scent)

CS:                         Montego Bay  (I bought because I liked the name....now how stupid was I ordering for a name? Huh?)

Flaming:               Blonde Moment (I must have had a blonde moment when I ordered this one that is for sure)

Flaming:               Baja Cactus (now I did make some candles in this and they sold immediately at my Apple Orchard Account - maybe I better do more)

Maybe, just maybe if I put some of these in wax I just might like.....but...nah....

Trappeur

😂😂😂😂😂

I have some of those! I love them!

I just love hearing what everyone likes/dislikes, it's like going through your best friend's closet....you'd never buy some of those clothes for yourself, but it sure is fun to see what she's got! 😆

And I have to say, I have tried some fragrances that I would never have bought without recommendations from you guys, and ended up loving them! So you never know, lol.

6 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I use most of the TCS Florals for blending .The ones I mentioned are all spot on to the real flowers imo.Especially True Rose ,Gardenia & Honeysuckle .I actually blend the florals to tone then down ,due to the strength of these .I like to put a twist on flower scents & come up with some very unique scents. If you think about it ,that is the same thing Bath& Body Works does ,along with many other high end companies .JC here does many unique blends with her oils .She mixes many of her scents to make unique scents .She has a lot of experience for many years along with Candybee .I have learned so much from reading their post about blends .Thank you both if they ever read this thread .They have taught me not be to afraid to try anything in this business .I have come up with some huge sellers blending oils .You make it your own and results can be Amazing & rewarding 😀

Your list from TCS looks good! I tried their Christmas Splendor, it is my favorite of all the vendors I've tried. And their Christmas Rumball was fantastic. I have been thinking about going  back to their tart wax, now I have a good reason to order some oils too!😉🤓

Blending has saved me from wasting so much money on "bad" oils! And its fun!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sarah S said:

Your list from TCS looks good! I tried their Christmas Splendor, it is my favorite of all the vendors I've tried. And their Christmas Rumball was fantastic. I have been thinking about going  back to their tart wax, now I have a good reason to order some oils too!😉🤓

Blending has saved me from wasting so much money on "bad" oils! And its fun!

Yes Sarah I forgot Christmas Rumball ,love this one .I used to love their tart wax ,however the last 2 times I ordered ,wax was different than before .I wish they would bring back the big shreds ,now that one was Wonderful.I love to blend oils .It can really change some stinky oils into great scents 😀

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Trapp, I use Baja Cactus Blossom from Flaming .It sells very well for me . I will be happy to trade you that one for some Copper Coconut .I highly recommend Aztecs Copper Coconut .I have the one pound bottle - I can send you some to try out .I am not a huge fan of the BCB ,it just sells very well .I do make it alot ,so popular for some reason .I can take that one from your Hate stash lol. I see you said the BC sold for you as well .If you want to keep it ,that's fine too

I will still send you some Copper Coconut 😀Blonde Moment sounds interesting ,I saw this one on Just Scent yesterday lol.

8 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Trapp, I use Baja Cactus Blossom from Flaming .It sells very well for me . I will be happy to trade you that one for some Copper Coconut .I highly recommend Aztecs Copper Coconut .I have the one pound bottle - I can send you some to try out .I am not a huge fan of the BCB ,it just sells very well .I do make it alot ,so popular for some reason .I can take that one from your Hate stash lol. I see you said the BC sold for you as well .If you want to keep it ,that's fine too

I will still send you some Copper Coconut 😀Blonde Moment sounds interesting ,I saw this one on Just Scent yesterday lol.

I second that Baja Cactus Blossom is a rather popular and nice scent.... I only had a small amount of it and made a small batch of melts and my testers loved it!  😜  

Also, Blonde Moment is another popular one from JS.  😋  

On 2/3/2018 at 4:31 PM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

@Trappeur I am quite interested in a few of them.  And would be more than happy to pay you for them!  Can you lmk how many ounces there are of each?  

4 from FC:

1.) Bathos

2.) Black Ginger & Bamboo

3.) Caribbean Teakwood

4.) Beach Wood

Also 2 from CS:

1.) Black Sea

2.) Oakmoss & Amber

I was actually wanting to place an order with CS specifically for Black Sea so I would be more than happy to take them off your hands.  Just LMK 😇 

Edited by Marleigha

On 2/3/2018 at 3:31 PM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Hey Trap,  I have and like a lot of these.   I would be happy to send you some sample cups (464 & 4625 blend like I made in last swap) if you would like to test them in wax before giving up on them...just let me know and i will send them out. 

I am not experienced enough to judge OOB, so I try to make a few sample cups to at least try in wax with all of my FOs. It seems to work better for me than salt test only. 

Edited by gls

• 4 weeks later...

By the way, the Green Coconut is wonderful OOB! I don't pick up on individual notes except for the coconut wich comes through nice and clear. All the other notes blend to make it both fresh and warm, and not overly sweet. Very glad I got it!

The cost revised Sandalwood is fabulous, strong, and exactly what I needed! Throws so well in my wax, and is beautiful in my lotions. I haven't CP'd it yet, so I can't report on that.

The Barnwood is subtle and interesting, I haven't done anything with it yet, I'm pondering, lol.

And I got ANOTHER sample of Black Pheonix. I just can't decide if I like it or not. Such an unusual outdoor/masculine kind of scent. It did horrible things in my CP soap, but it's amazing in incense. I made some melts with it and I can't decide if it's a scent I would melt on the regular. Maybe it's more of a fall scent... Maybe I need a third sample of it, lol.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sarah S said:

By the way, the Green Coconut is wonderful OOB! I don't pick up on individual notes except for the coconut wich comes through nice and clear. All the other notes blend to make it both fresh and warm, and not overly sweet. Very glad I got it!

The cost revised Sandalwood is fabulous, strong, and exactly what I needed! Throws so well in my wax, and is beautiful in my lotions. I haven't CP'd it yet, so I can't report on that.

The Barnwood is subtle and interesting, I haven't done anything with it yet, I'm pondering, lol.

And I got ANOTHER sample of Black Pheonix. I just can't decide if I like it or not. Such an unusual outdoor/masculine kind of scent. It did horrible things in my CP soap, but it's amazing in incense. I made some melts with it and I can't decide if it's a scent I would melt on the regular. Maybe it's more of a fall scent... Maybe I need a third sample of it, lol.

So glad to hear you say their Sandalwood is strong!  That's one that I have in my cart.  I also have barnwood in my cart, but you think that one is more subtle?  Lmk 😇

3 hours ago, Marleigha said:

So glad to hear you say their Sandalwood is strong!  That's one that I have in my cart.  I also have barnwood in my cart, but you think that one is more subtle?  Lmk 😇

Yes, I've been trying a lot of supplier's Sandalwoods recently, and Aztec's is very good! Strong and pretty darn close to the real thing. 

The Barnwood is definitely more subtle, but really very nice, a dry wood with more of a cedar undertone and just a hint of dried hay. I haven't put it in wax yet, though, so I can't say how that might change. I do have a couple blends in mind for though, so hopefully I will be able to play with it soon! 

• Like 1