Spring is in my house

Donita

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments. And I can hardly wait to start pressing flowers. Soon, the nurseries around here will have their pansies out and I can get some new ones going. Ducky....I am pm'ing you about flowers. I recommend to people that they don't burn the candle unless they watch it carefully and/or peel off the flowers. You will notice that the large part of the "arrangement" is closer to the bottom. They can be burned for awhile and then insert a tea lite. They are all scented with wonderful FO's from Scents Works....Lavender Fields, Tea Rose, Sandalwood Vanilla, True Lilac, Summer Gardenia to name a few. I only dipped them once, for those of you dipping scented candles. I usually dip twice and on the last dip put them into cold water for a super shiny surface. But I found yesterday that one dip was good on this kind of candle. They look a little rustic anyway because they are chunk mottled candles. With only one thin coat of wax over the flowers, and I didn't dip the top, you can still smell the scent very well. Donita

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You just have waaaay too much time-I'm jealous!! :D

Those are stunningly beautiful, I'm soooo in love with that blue color-it looks almost like a periwinkle blue which is one of my fav. colors (besides pink). :D

I would never ever want to burn that if I had one, no way, they are just too dang purdy to burn. :D

Oh, to have enough time to do that many candles at once........ ***sigh***

Absolutely amazing Donita. Do you mean to tell me that I'll be producing works of art like these before too long?! :whoohoo: ;)

Please forgive my ignorance, but do you do this professionally, or is candlemaking just a hobby/pastime? In any case, you do beautiful work. Consider me officially a fan! :cheesy2:

Please forgive my ignorance, but do you do this professionally, or is candlemaking just a hobby/pastime?

Ummmm... never mind... I just discovered your website. :tongue2: :embarasse

All I can say is wow. Your candles are absolutely outstanding, Donita. I hope to be able to produce works of art even half as good one day! :cheesy2: