Cost of Shipping Wax, Worth?

Converting from weight to fluid ounces is a tedious step when retailing. When I buy kegs of fragrance, it is sold to be by weight. I co-op in weight because converting all of those to fluid ounces and costing correctly would be a full time job. If I were retailing, I'd have to.

Saffire blue in canada sells by milliliters (ML). I just cant make my head accept having to do that!

On 1/8/2018 at 9:42 PM, TallTayl said:

Exactly. I posted the formula earlier in this thread.

Fill the tared jar with water to whatever fill line you choose.

Weigh it.

Multiply that weight in ounces by .92 (or the actual specific gravity of your wax) and you're pretty much there. It takes about 5 seconds. 

To find the specific gravity of your wax, Google will provide. I googled specific gravity of gb 444 wax and got this on the mods from candlescience:

IMG_1384.PNG

So however many ounces of water water you get, multiply that by .9 and that is how much wax it takes to fill to that same line. 

Genius! I love that explanation. i'm gonna start using this from now on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Candybee said:

So what products do we list on the label in fluid oz? I assume that is for all liquid type products like liquid soap, lotions, soup? Is this in that book about product labeling? I haven't bought the book yet-- its on my wish list list at Amazon.

There is a small section of fl oz labelling in Marie's book. I can't quote it as I'm at work, and the book is at home, but I'm positive I saw it in there. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Gadz, I really need to get on the ball and get that book! Unfortunately its on a very long list of things I need! LOL

I got it when I started making lotion because I honestly had no clue how to properly label that. I mean, I knew it had to have all ingredients in order and the INCI names, but other than that, was pretty clueless. I've read through it a couple times, but honestly the older I get the less retention my mind can handle, so now try not to rely too heavily on my memory, and if in doubt (which is usually) go to the book. LOL 

• 2 weeks later...

I know the particular Libby tumbler I use is a 13.5 oz tumbler I put it on scale tar scale add scented wax to a decent fill line and it is 12 oz I then put 12 oz on label I have seen this exact same tumbler marketed by southern firefly as a 13.5 oz candle and. I am  feeling that is false advertising I have also seen other companies fill to where I do in same container and put only 11 oz maybe giving leeway for pour error I have a etched glass so know exactly where 12 oz mark is 

I have to say I have been reading this forum for years and gained a wealth of information and never before felt someone was upset mad or snarky this was not the norm the people responding to original post are always so knowledgeable and helpful and I want to Thank y'all for being so patient always!

• 2 weeks later...