What fragrances are you pouring/soaping this weekend?

GailC

My house smelled so chocolaty this morning because last night I had made the first layer of my Hot Chocolate & Marshmallow candles. The Hot Chocolate is several years old, from Bluegrass.  The Toasted Marshmallow was from Aztec.  I added a little Very Vanilla from CS to make it stronger.

Got the marshmallow poured, which finishes up a wholesale order I had to get done.

So I got to pick whatever I wanted to make next and now I'm making Harvest Spice from Mill Creek   I have so many cinnamon type FO's, but I think this one of my favorites.  Better than Amish Harvest to me; not so sweet.  I am going to change the name though so it won't just be a fall scent.  I'm thinking Welcome Home since this is the scent description:  This scent is a strong, multipart mix containing cloves, nutmeg, cinnamon and all spice that says 'welcome home' through and through.

Maybe next I'll make Bay Laurel from Candlewic, or Mulberry Spice, also from Candlewic, or should I make Ginger Souffle from RE?  I'm out of Spiced Pumpkin Latte from RE, maybe I should make some of those...but I'm also out of Leaves from Aztec, which has been so popular with friends and family.  Gee the possibilities are almost endless. 

So what are you working on?  

• Like 2

I am recovering from a cold and can't really smell anything right now but, I am working on an order of air fresheners and M& P soap.  The air fresheners are 1. lavender, and   2.cranberry/pine mix.  The soap is nag champa.  My hubby wondered what the GOOD? smell was. I told him it was cranpineberrynagender.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today I'm pouring the candles that I will give away to the family at Christmas  That generally just means using up whatever containers, FO's, etc. I might want to get rid of.  This year  I'm trying to clean out my FO cabinet (so I can buy more) so it's been a little dab of this and a little dab of that.  Today it was Santa's Pipe and Spiced Cranberry - both WSP, both very strong, and both I absolutely hate.  I probably shouldn't even give them away because those scents are just so awful to me.  I'm gonna pour a bunch of candles, different scents and let them choose,. I hope they choose those two.  I'm ready to see the last of them.

• Like 2

I've poured some bags of tarts out of Apple Dumpling, NG, Pumpkin-FB (really like this one), Apple Cinnamon-LS.

@GailC, is Mulberry spice from CW good? I use Mulberry from Fb and thought about blending some cinnamon or Amish Harvest in it to get a spicy Mulberry but theirs sounds good too. 

@Belinda Mulberry Spice is very good OOB.  I had a sample and was trying to avoid buying a 16 oz bottle, so I did the qtip test with some Aztec Mulberry I already had and one of my cinnamons...maybe Cinnamon Stick from CS.  But my blend just didn't smell as good as Candlewic's, so naturally then I had to order it.  :)  

But I did have success with another blend, although I haven't made candles from it yet.  I have a sample of Candlewic's Blackberry Brulee, so tried a blend of some cheapo Blackberry (The Candlemaker's Store) and Creme Brulee (Aztec), and it smelled very nice, so I didn't buy Candlewic's.  Score 1 for me.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I poured one candle today (LOL yay me) and it was Cucumber Lavender. 

I think tomorrow I'll pour a few actual Christmas scents. Not sure. We'll see...  

Cucumber lavender sounds interesting....and different.

I have some lotion from Bath & Bodyworks that is Apricot & Lavender, so I tried a q-tip blend of those two scents and it smelled just about the same.  Seems like you can blend Lavender with lots and lots of other scents.

2 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Belinda Mulberry Spice is very good OOB.  I had a sample and was trying to avoid buying a 16 oz bottle, so I did the qtip test with some Aztec Mulberry I already had and one of my cinnamons...maybe Cinnamon Stick from CS.  But my blend just didn't smell as good as Candlewic's, so naturally then I had to order it.  :)  

But I did have success with another blend, although I haven't made candles from it yet.  I have a sample of Candlewic's Blackberry Brulee, so tried a blend of some cheapo Blackberry (The Candlemaker's Store) and Creme Brulee (Aztec), and it smelled very nice, so I didn't buy Candlewic's.  Score 1 for me.  

I guess I might have to order CW's then! I was hoping I'd be able to blend one but there must be a depth to theirs that's missing from just Mulberry and Cinnamon maybe? I'm wondering if blending it with Amish Harvest would give it more depth? I think I read on here where someone said they used that blend. I really don't need anything from CW so what to do, what to do LOL! 

Thanks for giving me a reason to order more FO's, like I really needed to have one! *deadhorse*

LOL!

Just now, Belinda said:

I guess I might have to order CW's then! I was hoping I'd be able to blend one but there must be a depth to theirs that's missing from just Mulberry and Cinnamon maybe? I'm wondering if blending it with Amish Harvest would give it more depth? I think I read on here where someone said they used that blend. I really don't need anything from CW so what to do, what to do LOL! 

Thanks for giving me a reason to order more FO's, like I really needed to have one! *deadhorse*

LOL!

You should try that and see.  I know my blend wasn't as sweet as Candlewic's.  I didn't try hard enough maybe to keep from ordering some.  :) But hey, I had to order $75 to get the free bottle of fragrance oil.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GailC said:

You should try that and see.  I know my blend wasn't as sweet as Candlewic's.  I didn't try hard enough maybe to keep from ordering some.  :) But hey, I had to order $75 to get the free bottle of fragrance oil.  

I always try to get the freebies too! Makes me feel better about ordering LOL!

• Like 2

Yesterday I made some more wax melts in a few different fragrances + Ill do a few more Sunday night. Thats about all I can handle. I used WSP Christmas Wreath 

really like this one :) and Spiced Cranberry BCN. Ive had WSP Hot Cocoa + their Marshmallow in a bottle - I used 4 oz of HC +2 oz marshmallow + added about 

1 oz of the Daystar Marshmallow Original Belinda sent me ( thanks Belinda) I plan on using this blend in some vintage enamel camp mugs so I'll have more than 

plenty  of my blend for that + enough for wax melts for gifts. Even though my sons graduated from school I still plan on sending his old teacher + paras Christmas 

gifts. They don't call them Special Needs teachers for nothing. These people have very challenging jobs yet their pay + benefits  are always being chipped away at :(

Makes no sense to me. Anyhow, they have become like family to me. I tried pouring Daystar's Vanilla Delicious again to see if Ive changed my mind - Nope , I still don't 

like it. It smells like play dough to my nose + overly sweet at the same time. Sunday, I'll work on Fillmore's Christmas Tree + Nutmeg + Ginger.

• Like 3

@Moonstar, As a para to special needs children for going on 21 years now, I can promise you that these children have blessed us way more than we have them! Every time I think about retiring, I look at our kids or start working on the slide show I do for them at the end of each school year, and looking at all the pictures I take of them,  I know it'll be so hard for me to walk away. I know the day is coming but it's going to be hard. I think about all the special memories I have of these kids and some have become like family to me. One downs syndrome girl started coming home with me when she was in the 6th grade and she still comes to stay with me and she's 28 years old now. There are others that have come here and stayed too. Yes, it is a very challenging job, with little pay, terrible benefits and long hours at times, but it's the most rewarding job I've ever had! Thank you for thinking about us and appreciating what we try our best to do for our special needs students! I love what I do!

• Like 3

I just dropped off a big order at my family's tree farm to sell when we open for the season. I'm excited, this is the first year I've included candles, and the first year I have done a cohesive looking private label for all the products. I have been so inspired by everyone on the forum!!

When I get back home, I am going to cut the CP batch of Cracklin Birch from NG that I made on Wednesday. I love slicing a hanger swirl, it's always such a surprise to see the inside! 😄

This week I have to get busy stocking up for my November craft show and Christmas orders. I'm going to pour a bunch of 1/2 pints in Filmore's Lemon Biscotti. O.M.G. Amazing fragrance, thank you everyone for suggesting it! I am also going to sniff and play with the fragrances I picked up at Candlewic on everyone's suggestions. 😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Belinda said:

@Moonstar, As a para to special needs children for going on 21 years now, I can promise you that these children have blessed us way more than we have them! Every time I think about retiring, I look at our kids or start working on the slide show I do for them at the end of each school year, and looking at all the pictures I take of them,  I know it'll be so hard for me to walk away. I know the day is coming but it's going to be hard. I think about all the special memories I have of these kids and some have become like family to me. One downs syndrome girl started coming home with me when she was in the 6th grade and she still comes to stay with me and she's 28 years old now. There are others that have come here and stayed too. Yes, it is a very challenging job, with little pay, terrible benefits and long hours at times, but it's the most rewarding job I've ever had! Thank you for thinking about us and appreciating what we try our best to do for our special needs students! I love what I do!

You are an Angel with a heart the size of Texas :) 

• Like 1

I just did two CP Soap batches

I used Butt Naked from Aztec but it was a weird soap experience. I traced it so thick I had to glop it on and was experimenting with the mold, the soap looks uneven. It traced so fast I could already cut at 2 hours later. Still needs hardening but it's already usable. The FO didn't cause accelerated tracing though, just was s weird small batch.

Used Ghost Musk from Indigo, since it's one of my favorite samples. Kept the trace lighter and did a swirl with a purple and a darker purple grey in molds. Will take a picture when done. Hope the smell holds up strong since its divine in bottle to me. I overswirled in the pot a bit but am crossing fingers it will turn out pretty.

On 29/10/2017 at 1:30 AM, GailC said:

Cucumber lavender sounds interesting....and different.

I have some lotion from Bath & Bodyworks that is Apricot & Lavender, so I tried a q-tip blend of those two scents and it smelled just about the same.  Seems like you can blend Lavender with lots and lots of other scents.

It was from Mad Oils when they also carried oils and not just colorants. Of course, it gave me a headache. I don't know what it is about lavender scents that cause me to go into an instant headache/migraine. I thought with it mixed it would be okay, but nope, I did eventually end up with a headache. 

I try to always wear my respirator lately when working with scents, but decided not too. Big mistake. UGH

On 28/10/2017 at 5:33 PM, Jcandleattic said:

I poured one candle today (LOL yay me) and it was Cucumber Lavender. 

I think tomorrow I'll pour a few actual Christmas scents. Not sure. We'll see...  

Pouring more yesterday did not happen. LOL Maybe this weekend. IDK - I'm just so low on energy these days and literally nothing is exciting me. I always have these big plans and WANT to do things. That is until it comes time to actually DO them. LOL I'm hoping after the beginning of the year, I'll have more energy, will want to do more things, and will get out of my funk. 

I think this year has been too chalk-full of change for me to feel settled and ambitious. 

IMG_7212.thumb.JPG.59d65d83f508a4fa9003a22b9df62b5d.JPG

@Belinda, my daughter, Rena, has been out of school a long time, but I am still eternally grateful for her caring, dedicated teachers and aides as we called them back then.  Now I am grateful for those who work with people with disabilities at the day program she goes to 4 days a week.

I am also grateful that over 8 years ago, I saw some old cups and saucers at a garage sale and the idea popped into my head that they would make pretty candles.  ????  Where did that come from?  :) My hobby has evolved over the years; and really took off once I switched from cups to jars.  I have an interest/hobby/business now that I love and can do at home which is perfect for me since I am home with Rena a lot.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Crafty1_AJ said:

Soaped a big batch of OMH, a GM soap.

In candles, we poured Spiced Pumpkin, Home Sweet Home (a cinnamony fragrance), Lilac (yes, I'm still selling lilac in October - lol), and Sandalwood.

Now that's what I call a good variety, spicy and lilac (which I can't believe you can sell in October!) and Sandalwood (which I can't give away.)  :) 

2 hours ago, GailC said:

Now that's what I call a good variety, spicy and lilac (which I can't believe you can sell in October!) and Sandalwood (which I can't give away.)  :) 

LMAO when I read this I thought you meant she mixed spicy type fo with lilac, and was thinking, hey that'd be a good Halloween scent! haha

Sorry, my mind wanders a lot these days. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Jcandleattic said:

Pouring more yesterday did not happen. LOL Maybe this weekend. IDK - I'm just so low on energy these days and literally nothing is exciting me. I always have these big plans and WANT to do things. That is until it comes time to actually DO them. LOL I'm hoping after the beginning of the year, I'll have more energy, will want to do more things, and will get out of my funk. 

I think this year has been too chalk-full of change for me to feel settled and ambitious. 

Well, if that mermaid soap is what you make when you're in a funk, I can't wait to see what you do when you get fired up!! 😆

• Like 1