Must have fall/christmas from CS?

jbradshaw

I'm about to place an order from Candlescience and just thought I'd check to see if there were any can't miss fall or holiday scents I should check out...

Here's what i've got:

White Birch

Cranberry Woods

Frasier Fir

Toasted Pumpkin Spice (which has to come all the way from north carolina which is a bummer for this utah girl)

pumpkin caramel crunch (trying this based on Trap's rec)

I've already got mulled cider and chestnuts (not impressed OOB), Amaretto Nog, Red hot cinnamon, apple and maple bourbon, blue spruce.

Anything else? 

Definitely must haves for me are:

1. Christmas Hearth

2. I do love Mulled Cider and Chestnuts......

3. Mistletoe (if you are wanting for selling Mistletoe is a definite must have....I'm not crazy about it myself but for years the name alone is an excellent seller and everyone loves.....

4. Peppermint bark is pretty awesome also

5.  Harvest apple is excellent...maybe just come up with a holiday name

Your other selections JB are excellent choices

Trappeur:)

7 hours ago, jbradshaw said:

I'm about to place an order from Candlescience and just thought I'd check to see if there were any can't miss fall or holiday scents I should check out...

Here's what i've got:

White Birch

Cranberry Woods

Frasier Fir

Toasted Pumpkin Spice (which has to come all the way from north carolina which is a bummer for this utah girl)

pumpkin caramel crunch (trying this based on Trap's rec)

I've already got mulled cider and chestnuts (not impressed OOB), Amaretto Nog, Red hot cinnamon, apple and maple bourbon, blue spruce.

Anything else? 

White Birch is fantastic! Cinnamon Chai is nice. I haven't tried it in wax yet (I got it as a free sample) but it gets good reviews.

You won't regret White Birch--it's my new favorite.  Christmas Hearth smells weird OOB, and I wasn't sure I loved it in wax at first, but it threw beautifully and is a complex fragrance.  Wassail is another winner for us.  Mistletoe is nice and pine-y, hoping it will sell.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

... You can't go wrong with CS. 

I hope my comment won't be considered as rude or anything, and my intent is certainly not to be ... only to offer that in my research here, I have been collecting comments about CS scents, as I have with other suppliers in order to have the information available to me when I place orders. 

There have been some scents from CS that received bad reviews here ... of the "autumn types" my collected notes had the following comments:

strudel and spice - no throw in 464
cinnamon bun - it will not burn at all with my normal fragrance load

pecan pie - weird, weak, nutty

fig tree - men's after shave splash

I'm sorry that I did not save the poster's names with the comments, but for my purpose, I'm merely collecting comments sometimes when I see something that jumps out at me (i.e., a scent that I might accidentally purchase if I hadn't read the review.)  Of course, what may not work for one person could work for another, so I usually look at "overall" reviews, but I know that the ones posted here are objective, which is why I've saved some of them.  It's always nice to see good reviews, but in reality, every supplier I've ever purchased from has had some duds. 

I guess for ones that have received poor reviews, if your budget and time are tight, go lightly or make another choice.  I enjoy seeing both good and bad, so please don't take this wrong.

While here, I'll share some of the other notes since it's simply a matter of cut/paste just now ... (some are funny, this is not the complete list I've saved):

chocolate - fake fudge

pineapple sage:  Make / Your / Own

clean cotton:  Never / Buy / Again
peach nectar - thick, rich, rotten

black raspberry vanilla - fake sweet horrible

amaretto nog (received a poor review)

I definitely appreciate the collected comments! it's so hard to keep track of everything. 

I will say that Fig Tree is actually a best seller for me (it does not smell like fig, though, IMO), but I've heard others prefer Mediterranean Fig. 

Edited by jbradshaw

I don't take your comment to be rude at all Birdcharm.  I've always thought like you.  I love reading the reviews from everyone.  What's always been interesting to me are the comments from others who say this oil is fabulous or this one is yucky and they are describing the same exact oils and putting in the same wax..... and then you see comments like this throws like the dickens in this wax and then you go and order it and are using the same wax and you find there is no throw....now I ask....how does that happen that we can use the same wax and get 2 total different reviews on throws?  That is what amazes me.

Trappeur 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ellajoan said:

You won't regret White Birch--it's my new favorite.  Christmas Hearth smells weird OOB, and I wasn't sure I loved it in wax at first, but it threw beautifully and is a complex fragrance.  Wassail is another winner for us.  Mistletoe is nice and pine-y, hoping it will sell.  

I'm ordering from CS today....I'm going to order White Birch because of all the reviews out there.

Yes Xmas Hearth is a complex scent I agree but sooooo good.

I've looked at Wassail a million times but never ordered it.  I'll get a sample of that too.  It almost seems like it is a cider to me which I love.

With the holidays upon us, you won't have a problem selling Misdtletoe.  The name alone sells it.

I'm also going to get the new Toasted Pumpkin....I see nice reviews on it.

Trappeur

On 10/4/2017 at 12:38 AM, Trappeur said:

Definitely must haves for me are:

1. Christmas Hearth

2. I do love Mulled Cider and Chestnuts......

3. Mistletoe (if you are wanting for selling Mistletoe is a definite must have....I'm not crazy about it myself but for years the name alone is an excellent seller and everyone loves.....

4. Peppermint bark is pretty awesome also

5.  Harvest apple is excellent...maybe just come up with a holiday name

Your other selections JB are excellent choices

Trappeur:)

I fixed that for you Trapp... LOL. 
so @jbradshaw... What Trapp said.
OMG Christmas Hearth is ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR!!!! 

So some more are
6. Snickerdoodle
7. Hollyberry
8 Pomegranate cider
9. Pumpkin Pie

;) G'luck:) 

Sponiebr 

Sponey!:hello:I've been thinking about you these past 2 weeks and was going to put a call into the National Guard to go looking for you....How did you do during the hurricane?   Everything ok?   Glad to see you here....could use some good ole laughs from you!

Well anyway....yes, Snickerdoodle is awesome....forgot that one.

Have you tried Pumpkin Caramel Crunch?   Omg....if you love snickerdoodle...you will love this one....it's a little similar...but I don't care.  Its so good and a super thrower and that's all I look for.  Never tried their Hollyberry I guess as it's not my kind of scent but I guess I should get it cause so many love it and the name alone will sell it without a doubt.  I've looked and read upon so many pomegranate oils and ciders and never ordered that one either as it's not me...I guess I'll get a sample of that today also.

Oh Sponey.....if you can, you should do the swap.  I'd love to get one of your "bad ass soaps or creations"....

Trappeur

Been looking at Pumpkin Caramel Crunch from CS.  I currently have Pumpkin Crunch from WSP (which is nice, doesn't throw quite as strong as I'd like) and it's ridiculously expensive--wondering how similar CS version is?   Is it as sweet as Snickerdoodle?

I loveeee mistletoe! the name alone had me all giddy and reminiscent of my favorite time of the year. I just ordered white birch, fig tree, toasted pumpkin and pomegranate cider. can't wait to smell them. I wish i had read the forum early enough, I would've added a bottle of xmas hearth too. 

Edited by CatCatCandles

Apple Harvest - #1 go-to for fall apple scent that can carry over to Christmas

Wassail

White Birch - fantastic on its own, good for blending

Toasted Pumpkin Spice - nice on its own but not as strong and spicy as I'd have liked, potential for blending

Cinnamon Chai - this was iffy for me, requiring several weeks cure, but the scent was great

Cinnamon and Vanilla - I left a single unwrapped tart of this in my supply cabinet and when I opened it a week later... woah. Very strong and heavy on the cinnamon without being overwhelming, just how I like it.

Fraser Fir

I love a lot of the these, but I  am surprised that no one has mentioned Cranberry Marmalade. I love that one and it is a fantastic seller. Amazing throw in my wax which is parasoy. And now I am totally getting in on the Christmas Hearth!!

On 10/4/2017 at 10:02 PM, ellajoan said:

Everyone has been mentioning White Birch. How would you describe it ?

I've been wondering about that 2 Moonstar.....what does it smell like?

Someone posted (don't remember who) that it was just about like Frasir Fir.  That's kind of hard to believe as Frasier Fir is in a class all by itself and is quite beautiful.

WSP Frasier and CS Frasier I would say are EXACTLY THE SAME to me.  Of course CS is much cheaper.  But I'm going to order a pound of it today because everyone likes it.  Geesh, I just can't imagine another pine scent...I really can't.   I really found all my pines that are so super to me and stopped looking a couple years back.

Unless there is another completely different pine out there which I don't need I just don't see.  And I never try out any others as I'm so very happy with my choices which are:

1.  Balsam Fir  (Fillmore)  (This is right from the Maine woods) lol

Is the exact smell you get from all those little screen printed pillows stuffed with balsam fir needles.....

2.  Blue Spruce (CS)

3.  Northwoods Christmas (Bc)

Now their description is a pine and cranberry of their own custom blend they make.

I really don't smell the cranberry in it at all.  I consider this to be a beautiful pine from the northwest like you would find in Colorado or Wyoming....

Is a super strong scent...love it.

4. Frasier Fir (CS)

This is a pine straight from the New England Woods

5. Christmas Tree (Community Candle)

I really don't know what kind of a pine this is....Is really beautiful...no lemon pledge scent here or in any of the scents listed above.  All I know is it is an

all around beautiful pine scent.

6,  Sugared Spruce

Quite beautiful too if you like sweet pine.  I have ordered this scent from maybe 3 or 4 different companies.....and you know what?   They all smell 

exactly the same.

7.  Christmas Hearth (CS)

Though this is not a pure pine as above....it is a gorgeous pine scent I find with the fireplace going behind that you can truly smell the fire and other 

elements mixed in.   This is another year round seller.

I use these scents all year long anytime of the year.  Now CS used to have Scotch Pine which was another beauty of a pine and very very different.

This Scotch pine if I find in my travels sometime I'll get a sample as CS discontinued it a long time ago.  I guess it was not a good seller.  But I loved.  So these are my go to pine scents.  They are all in a class by itself and each one is different from one another ....that's my opinion.

Trappeur