Every supplier Ive seen this FO is expensive. Even JS at $29.95, which is very high for that supplier. WSP carries it as well and its a few dollars more. Im not familiar with this

scent. What makes it so special and so expensive. Based on the descriptions its a orange citrus type ??? Anyone used it in candles. Im wondering if it has a fuel smell like 

the citrus oils do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :) 

16 minutes ago, GailC said:

Nature's Garden has it for $15.99 a pound and it has 20 reviews you could check out.

https://www.naturesgardencandles.com/satsuma-fragrance-oil

Thanks Gail ! I checked NG, yes its the same name. However, Ive been told by many that it doesn't smell or perform the same in candles or melts. May thats why theres a

big price difference ???? JS Never carries FO that expensive, so there must be a reason ?? BTW, I got a email from Aztec and they have 5 for $5 so I might try a few FO's 

from there. Thanks anyways :) Im hoping someone has used the Satsuma from JS or WSP 

Satsuma (Body Shop type) RE carries this I use this in soap though and it sticks. 

I had a friend give me a bar and I told her how strong the Orange was and it usually doesn’t stick she told me the bar was 2 years old.  😱

• Thanks 1

If you are looking for a Body Shop dupe of this scent, good luck. The closest I've found is Oregon Trails, and I'm not even sure they are around anymore. 

The NG version smells like grapefruit to my nose, with no hint of orange to it. 

The RE is a close second to the OT one, but still not a dead on dupe of the Body Shop scent. 

54 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

If you are looking for a Body Shop dupe of this scent, good luck. The closest I've found is Oregon Trails, and I'm not even sure they are around anymore. 

The NG version smells like grapefruit to my nose, with no hint of orange to it. 

The RE is a close second to the OT one, but still not a dead on dupe of the Body Shop scent. 

shoot :( Really, What about the one from JS, have you tried that one. Its much more expensive ($29) then the one from RE. $29 is really expensive for JS.

WSP has one with tons of good reviews but its $34.95 lb :( WSP is the only one that lists orange blossom flowers though hmmmm. I think Oregon Trails 

is still around .... Im off to check. And yes, Im looking for the Body Shop dupe. My family + friends are obsessed with this scent + Id like to make somethings 

for Christmas for them :) Do you recall which Satsuma's  were a definite no - go ?

24 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

shoot :( Really, What about the one from JS, have you tried that one. Its much more expensive ($29) then the one from RE. $29 is really expensive for JS.

WSP has one with tons of good reviews but its $34.95 lb :( WSP is the only one that lists orange blossom flowers though hmmmm. I think Oregon Trails 

is still around .... Im off to check. And yes, Im looking for the Body Shop dupe. My family + friends are obsessed with this scent + Id like to make somethings 

for Christmas for them :) Do you recall which Satsuma's  were a definite no - go ?

I have never used the one from JS because I've never gotten more than 2-3 scents from them to work in any of my applications so I just stopped trying to mess with them. 

WSP is a vendor I've never used any FO, but a friend sent me a sample from WSP back when I was on the hunt for this dupe, and OOB IMO it didn't smell close enough for me to try it in anything. 

Definite no go's for me were NG - smells like a tart grapefruit, no orange at all, in fact I mix this with my pink sugar and call it Ruby Red Grapefruit or Sugared Grapefruit (because that's what it smells like) 

Aztec's smells similar to me, but it fades fast (in soap, not tried it in candles, I tend to try and stay away from citrus in candles) 

and the other 4 are no longer in business - Tennessee candles, Snowdrift Farms, Leah's, and I can't remember where the other one was from. 

I still have RE's and OOB it smells good, and if Barbara said it lasts, I would try that one. It smells close enough, just not exact... 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

I have never used the one from JS because I've never gotten more than 2-3 scents from them to work in any of my applications so I just stopped trying to mess with them. 

WSP is a vendor I've never used any FO, but a friend sent me a sample from WSP back when I was on the hunt for this dupe, and OOB IMO it didn't smell close enough for me to try it in anything. 

Definite no go's for me were NG - smells like a tart grapefruit, no orange at all, in fact I mix this with my pink sugar and call it Ruby Red Grapefruit or Sugared Grapefruit (because that's what it smells like) 

Aztec's smells similar to me, but it fades fast (in soap, not tried it in candles, I tend to try and stay away from citrus in candles) 

and the other 4 are no longer in business - Tennessee candles, Snowdrift Farms, Leah's, and I can't remember where the other one was from. 

I still have RE's and OOB it smells good, and if Barbara said it lasts, I would try that one. It smells close enough, just not exact... 

This is what I was thinking. Im going to go with Barbaras suggestion since it lasted 2 years in CP - thats amazing, especially for a citrus. NOW Im going to try your 

Sugared Grapefruit . Now thats sounds  amazing, I also love the Ruby Red Grapefruit name. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

This is what I was thinking. Im going to go with Barbaras suggestion since it lasted 2 years in CP - thats amazing, especially for a citrus. NOW Im going to try your 

Sugared Grapefruit . Now thats sounds  amazing, I also love the Ruby Red Grapefruit name. 

50/50 NG Satsuma/Peak Pink Sugar. Smells amazing. To me it smells exactly like a ruby red grapefruit that you lightly coat with sugar then eat for breakfast. 

I make it in a lotion, and it's what I have sitting at my desk. It's a hit. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gsmakinsoap said:

TT, did you try the one that OT carries? They don't have a Satsuma, but they do have Satsuma Guava.

I bought a bunch of their small sizes and (hate to say this) I destashed all of them. I didn't care for a single one :(