Please help me with these western scents...

Trappeur

Could I get suggestions for renaming some of these scents for a western store.  I'm just so horrible at this.   I know Moonshine and Belinda you do a lot of

western scents and could give me some good suggestions I'm sure.

This is what they ordered:

1.  Firewood   (CS:  Christmas Hearth - I'm renaming Crackling Firewood)

2.  Lavender (Flaming)

3.  Macintosh Apple (CS)

4.  Dogwood    ( I suggested that maybe she doesn't need this right now as it is more springy)

5.  Apple-Maple-Bourbon (CS)

6. Oatmeal-Milk-Honey (I don't know who to get from....been a while since ordered)

7.  Balsam Fir (Fillmore)

8.  Blue Spruce  (I suggested that maybe she doesn't need this because she has Balsam Fir)

9.  Winterberry  (I suggested maybe she doesn't need this because Country Christmas (see below) is too similar

10. Leather        (I'm renaming to Leather Chaps)  (Flaming)

11.  Hay-apple-clover (What could I rename to something else? )  (I need to blend this....)  (Hope I can remember what I did)

12.  Flannel Sheets  (This is Luxe Linen from Community)

13.  Lime Basil (Flaming: Basil-Sage-Mint)

14.  Hot Apple Pie  (Is there another name I could change this to but leave in Apple Pie so people know what it is)

Now I have to pick out about another 6 scents she asked which are good sellers and this is what I came up with.

1.  Vanilla Bean Noel (Cowgirl Tight Fittn Jeans?)   Now how stupid is that?  yea?  or nei?

2.  Farmhouse Cider (JS)

3.  Chestnuts and Brown Sugar(Comm)

4.  Country Christmas (Could I rename this?) (This is from RE)

5.  Pumpkin Caramel Crunch (CS)

6.  Lemon Verbena (CS)

7.  Candy Corn (BC)(Maybe rename?  Or just leave it?)

Is there any other scents that would be better than what I have here?

Please help me someone???

Trappeur

• Like 1

I'm not too good at specifics but maybe Lavender Prairie for the Lavender, Tumbleweeds for Lime Basil or Dogwood or Hay Apple Clover, Flannel or Calico for Flannel Sheets, Cowboy/Cowgirl Christmas for Country Christmas/Winterberry.  And just like that, my mind is blank.  Good luck! 

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Could I get suggestions for renaming some of these scents for a western store.  I'm just so horrible at this.   I know Moonshine and Belinda you do a lot of

2.  Lavender (Flaming) 

3.  Macintosh Apple (CS) 

4.  Dogwood    ( I suggested that maybe she doesn't need this right now as it is more springy)

5.  Apple-Maple-Bourbon (CS) Country Saloon 

6. Oatmeal-Milk-Honey (I don't know who to get from....been a while since ordered)

7.  Balsam Fir (Fillmore) Country Christmas - Or Home on the Range

8.  Blue Spruce  (I suggested that maybe she doesn't need this because she has Balsam Fir) 

9.  Winterberry  (I suggested maybe she doesn't need this because Country Christmas (see below) is too similar

10. Leather        (I'm renaming to Leather Chaps)  (Flaming) or Back in the Saddle / Saddle / Cowboy Up, 

11.  Hay-apple-clover (What could I rename to something else? )  (I need to blend this....)  (Hope I can remember what I did) HayRide/ Country HayRide / Square Dance / Barn Dance

12.  Flannel Sheets  (This is Luxe Linen from Community) - See Vanilla Bean Noel

13.  Lime Basil (Flaming: Basil-Sage-Mint) All I can think of is something with "Pasture" in the name, but sometimes that doesn't invoke a sense of good scent. LOL 

14.  Hot Apple Pie  (Is there another name I could change this to but leave in Apple Pie so people know what it is) I'd leave this 

Now I have to pick out about another 6 scents she asked which are good sellers and this is what I came up with.

1.  Vanilla Bean Noel (Cowgirl Tight Fittn Jeans?)   Now how stupid is that?  yea?  or nei? No, not stupid silly, but it doesn't fit - name your Flannel Sheets the Cowgirl, and this one name  something like that. 

2.  Farmhouse Cider (JS) I'd leave this

3.  Chestnuts and Brown Sugar(Comm) Country Kitchen / Ma's Kitchen / 

4.  Country Christmas (Could I rename this?) (This is from RE) Didn't see this when I suggested it up there - I'd leave it and rename the other one something else. 

6.  Lemon Verbena (CS)

7.  Candy Corn (BC)(Maybe rename?  Or just leave it?) I'd leave it

Trappeur

I did the best I could - all my answers are in this yellow color. :) 

I reordered your list so you can see them in similar scent groupings. I'm not familiar with many of these scents, so my groupings was a best guess of what I thought they were. The four at the bottom seem out of place. The rest seem like autumn scents. I gave my two cents and included the ones from Jcandleattic and bfroberts that I thought were good.

Macintosh Apple – Fall Harvest
Apple-Maple-Bourbon – Whisky Barrel
Hot Apple Pie – Apple Brown Betty, Apple Pandowdy, Apple Cobbler
Farmhouse Cider – Mulled Cider
Hay-apple-clover - Hayride (Jcandleattic)

Oatmeal-Milk-Honey – Sweet Cream
Vanilla Bean Noel – Sackett's Sugar Shack
Flannel Sheets – Corduroy, Calico (bfroberts)

Leather – Saddle & Tack
Firewood – Cozy Cabin

Candy Corn (leave as is)
Chestnuts and Brown Sugar - Ma’s Kitchen (Jcandleattic)
Pumpkin Caramel Crunch – Pumpkin Blossom, Pumpkin Bumpkin

Balsam Fir – Home for Christmas, Tannenbaum,
Blue Spruce (I agree, redundant scent)
Winterberry (leave as is)
Country Christmas (leave as is)

(these four feel out of place)
Lemon Verbena
Lavender
Dogwood 
Lime Basil

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

1.  Firewood   (CS:  Christmas Hearth - I'm renaming Crackling Firewood)  Bonfire 

2.  Lavender (Flaming)   Out to pasture

3.  Macintosh Apple (CS)  Apple Annie

4.  Dogwood    ( I suggested that maybe she doesn't need this right now as it is more springy)  Dogwood Canyon

5.  Apple-Maple-Bourbon (CS)   Roll Out the Barrel

7.  Balsam Fir (Fillmore)   Windbreak  (could call Blue Spruce the same thing or combine the two) 

11.  Hay-apple-clover (What could I rename to something else? )  (I need to blend this....)  (Hope I can remember what I did)  I liked Square Dance suggested by JCandle

12.  Flannel Sheets  (This is Luxe Linen from Community)  Whitewash  

13.  Lime Basil (Flaming: Basil-Sage-Mint)  Reckon  

14.  Hot Apple Pie  (Is there another name I could change this to but leave in Apple Pie so people know what it is) Don't know how  you rename this other than put a person's name in for Hot. 

1.  Vanilla Bean Noel (Cowgirl Tight Fittn Jeans?)   Now how stupid is that?  yea?  or nei?  Purty 'lil Filly

2.  Farmhouse Cider (JS)     Raisin' Cain

6.  Lemon Verbena (CS)

Trappeur

Oh my gosh:shocked2:!  I never expected to see so  much response and so quickly and so FABULOUS!!!  You are all so talented!  I could never come up with names like these!  I'm loving these you have no idea....It makes me want to go and put another line of candles (western) in my orchard account because of all these names....

I have to go and feed my horses then come back and study these and start getting these names on my labels.   And all this was for free too! lol  I'm so excited  you have no idea.... That Purty 'lil Filly is just to die for!!!and others too...I'll be back!  THANKYOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!:hello:

Trappeur

How about googling some old western movies or tv shows for names too? I LOVE some of the names that were given here too!

There's Maverick, Pistols & Petticoats (I actually use both of these in blends with leather), Tangled in Barbed wire (DS had one called this but she doesn't carry it anymore but I love the name),  Saddle Shop or Rawhide for leather, I love Square Dance that someone suggested too, Firewood, maybe call it Around the Chuck wagon?  Branding Iron for something? 

I mix vanilla bean noel with leather and it's my biggest seller. I call it Cowgirl Lace. 

Branded, Gunslinger, Outlaw, Range Rider, Sugarfoot? 

• Like 2

There are some good names suggested here! 

All I can think of is "Judge Roy (Vanilla) Bean" ... :)

In the pre-Langtry days in San Antonio, Roy Bean used to haul and sell milk. In order to increase profits, he added creek water to the milk. When the buyers started noticing minnows in the milk, Roy seemed as surprised as the buyers. "By Gobs," he said, "I'll have to stop them cows from drinking out of the creek."      Judge Roy Bean

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Trappeur said:

2.  Lavender (Flaming)

3.  Macintosh Apple (CS)

5.  Apple-Maple-Bourbon (CS)

7.  Balsam Fir (Fillmore)

11.  Hay-apple-clover (What could I rename to something else? )  (I need to blend this....)  (Hope I can remember what I did)

12.  Flannel Sheets  (This is Luxe Linen from Community)

13.  Lime Basil (Flaming: Basil-Sage-Mint)

14.  Hot Apple Pie  (Is there another name I could change this to but leave in Apple Pie so people know what it is)

1.  Vanilla Bean Noel (Cowgirl Tight Fittn Jeans?)   Now how stupid is that?  yea?  or nei?

2.  Farmhouse Cider (JS)

6.  Lemon Verbena (CS)

Trappeur

Trappeur ,I am from South,Tx ,so definitely Cotton Eyed Joe would make a great western name .I would suggest a cotton type scent like Cotton blossom . Also we have another dance called  Texas two Step .I can suggest names ,not good at pairing with the oils but here goes . Midnight Cowboy, Howdy Yall , Sexy Cowgirl, Home on the Range, Chicken Ranch lmbo ,long story on that one It was a famous hussy house here in Tx back in the day . They even made a movie about this with Dolly Parton years ago lol. May not want to use that one ,good for a laugh thou :) Blazing Saddles, Wild Wild West, Boot Scooten Boogie , Hi Ho Silver , Rhinestone Cowboy . Just some suggestions for you :)

Kathy

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, katmeltswax said:

, Chicken Ranch lmbo ,long story on that one It was a famous hussy house here in Tx back in the day .

There's still one in Nevada named this near Pahrump. 

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas - original with Jimmy Stewart IMO was much better than the 80's version with Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds. 

• Like 1

Thankyou all so much with these wonderful wonderful names!  I'm gonna use them all! lol.........I'm just so overwhelhmed....I will by tonight get all my ducks in a row and get these names on my labels and let you all know what I went with!   Kat I do remember that movie with Dolly Parton!  Thankyou!.

Dorothy in regards to the few scents that are somewhat out of place, I agree.....but the way I think is not everyone who goes into a western store is a western girl/guy so I think to have a couple scents that appeal to all sorts of people and are terrific sellers which these happen to be is not such a bad thing to offer.   But I know what you mean. So there is a little something for everyone and the accounts that I do have every single one of them sell lemon verbena, basil-sage-mint, lux linen and they are consistant#1 top sellers....so I try to trust my judgement.....but who knows?......they might not sell.  Just one of those things.  But thanks for asking.

This is how I'm going to do the labels.  Some I'm not going to do a Western Name.  The ones that do have a western name I am adding a line underneath in parenthesis stating what exact scent it is.  I myself would like to know what I'm picking up and smelling and I think this would be the way to go about it.  I minimized the the city and slightly minimized the store name with logo so I could fit the extra line in.    So what do you think about that?  Here are 2 samples of what I did.

59ce8cf795887_SackettsBarnDance.thumb.jpg.740af410bb9a17dcd01a911e43d3e1ba.jpg

59ce8d1b3bdcf_Sackettscowgirllace.thumb.jpg.29959451336d9595b105bdba0924d8e6.jpg

• Like 1

I think what you do is awesome! By out of place, I meant the rest seemed more seasonal or were all warm/homey. I love lavender myself. I finally experimented with lavender EO last weekend in a candle. my scales were not working right and I ended up measuring out way too much. I tried to get it back in the bottle, but it just went everywhere. My wife in the living room said the smell gave her a headache. I waited until she wasn't home to test burn it.

It excites me to see you getting large orders like that. I'm hoping my learners struggle ends soon and I'm able to produce a candle that works well. I love all the different scents and possibilities. Upon your advice to someone else, I bought a pound of FC Balsam Fir. That's the most FO I've bought at once. If nothing else, my house will smell like Christmas this year for sure!

5 minutes ago, Dorothy Mantooth said:

I think what you do is awesome! By out of place, I meant the rest seemed more seasonal or were all warm/homey. I love lavender myself. I finally experimented with lavender EO last weekend in a candle. my scales were not working right and I ended up measuring out way too much. I tried to get it back in the bottle, but it just went everywhere. My wife in the living room said the smell gave her a headache. I waited until she wasn't home to test burn it.

It excites me to see you getting large orders like that. I'm hoping my learners struggle ends soon and I'm able to produce a candle that works well. I love all the different scents and possibilities. Upon your advice to someone else, I bought a pound of FC Balsam Fir. That's the most FO I've bought at once. If nothing else, my house will smell like Christmas this year for sure!

Lavender also gives me a headache. Usually it's a recipe for an instant migraine. 

I have never been able to get EO to work in any of my candles, regardless of scent. The most HT I've ever gotten out of them, is a burning fuel scent, but other than that the scent just gets lost or you have to be right on top of it to smell it. The CT is better, but not by much. I gave up on EO's in candles about 8 years ago because of this. 

I know other's have had good luck with EO's but I haven't. Let us know how yours turns out. 

1 hour ago, Jcandleattic said:

There's still one in Nevada named this near Pahrump. 

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas - original with Jimmy Stewart IMO was much better than the 80's version with Dolly Parton and Burt Reynolds. 

The one in Tx was in Lagrange ,just an hour or so from Houston ,where I was raised. Lol I will never forget when my dad passed away ,what in the world he was doing with a token stamped The Chicken Ranch .HUMMM !!!! I laugh about it now & sure mom always knew about this :)

He had quite a collection of older tokens ,but I often wander lmao .He loved the ladies !!! Gotta laugh about it ,I cherish my memories I have of both parents & my brother .I miss them all & lost them all within a 2 year time period .It will be going on 5 years soon . The loss is what got me into pouring wax. I literally had to find something to do with my time. I am on disability due to neck & spine condition ,but I do find joy in my wax adventure. Keeps me busy :)

I does cause me a lot of neck & wrist pain ,just do not want to be a quitter .I have been reading this site for 5 years & joined I am guessing about a year ago. I appreciate all the talent & information I read here .I admire you all & feel blessed to chat with such Amazing talented artist .Blessings ,Kathy

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Thankyou all so much with these wonderful wonderful names!  I'm gonna use them all! lol.........I'm just so overwhelhmed....I will by tonight get all my ducks in a row and get these names on my labels and let you all know what I went with!   Kat I do remember that movie with Dolly Parton!  Thankyou!.

Dorothy in regards to the few scents that are somewhat out of place, I agree.....but the way I think is not everyone who goes into a western store is a western girl/guy so I think to have a couple scents that appeal to all sorts of people and are terrific sellers which these happen to be is not such a bad thing to offer.   But I know what you mean. So there is a little something for everyone and the accounts that I do have every single one of them sell lemon verbena, basil-sage-mint, lux linen and they are consistant#1 top sellers....so I try to trust my judgement.....but who knows?......they might not sell.  Just one of those things.  But thanks for asking.

This is how I'm going to do the labels.  Some I'm not going to do a Western Name.  The ones that do have a western name I am adding a line underneath in parenthesis stating what exact scent it is.  I myself would like to know what I'm picking up and smelling and I think this would be the way to go about it.  I minimized the the city and slightly minimized the store name with logo so I could fit the extra line in.    So what do you think about that?  Here are 2 samples of what I did.

59ce8cf795887_SackettsBarnDance.thumb.jpg.740af410bb9a17dcd01a911e43d3e1ba.jpg

59ce8d1b3bdcf_Sackettscowgirllace.thumb.jpg.29959451336d9595b105bdba0924d8e6.jpg

You are welcome Trappeur :)

I make a tart with a Tobacco scent ,I call Mr. Bo Jangles ,from the song way back when . It is the name that draws attention .This seems to just work sometimes with scents that are not so easy to move. Of course that's not really western ,just saying sometimes a unusual name will certainly move a product lol :)

I LOVE your Halloween labels & names . You will do great with the western ones as well .I haved admire your talent since I joined this site :)

4 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Love that name Mr. Bo Jangles,  Kat.  And yes, you are correct in different names does draw attention.  I believe that.  Thankyou for your help.

Trappeur

You are so very welcome! I loved that song & needed a name for a tobacco scent ,so came up with that one :)

It works for me in wax melts :)

• Like 1

I did! I did!......Oh yeah.....that's right you have leather in yours......well, I could do that and just come up with another name for VBN.  I have a whole pound of leather from Flaming I haven't done anything with, so now I can here.

Let me ask you this Belinda....what ratio?  I'm using WSP VBN if that makes any difference.

Trappeur