How rude and unprofessional Front Porch Candle is...

Trappeur

I don't know if anyone else has had any problems with Front Porch (FPfragranceoils) or what, but I for one will never order from them again.

I ordered samples not too long ago and have a store that I have to make candles for of which some of the oils are from Front Porch.

Their fragrance oil site is gone and only Front Porch Candle company is out there.  She makes melts and sells them. Isn't the owner's name Kimberly?  Their site on Facebook for FPfragranceoils is not active anymore.  Only the one for their melts.  I went twice and posted on their facebook page asking how do I go about getting oils from them since their site is gone....I got no response.  The second time a few days later I went back and posted again and asked the same question and I also asked if she has gone out of the business selling her oils...

I went back to their Facebook page and my 2 postes are now gone.  I didn't know you could delete posts.  Well, I'm sure that is what happened so no one could see my posts.

2 days ago I called them and left a message asking them to call me back.  No one has called me back.  How rude and unprofessional this company is.  I believe this company did this one other time.  I just went to Facebook and posted everything I just put up.  Now let's see if my post disappears......

Trappeur

She could have at least warned her oil customers since this could have a major affect on their business, allowing them to put in a final order.  Can you imagine someone who uses all her oils???

I know these won't be the same, but I have tons of RusticEscentual samples.  If you give me an idea of the type of fragrances you need to replace, I can send you what I have.  I have quite a few that I will NEVER use. :)

Goldie

• Like 1

Exactly Goldie!  She could have at least put up something on Facebook to let everyone know what was going on in her business....

Oh, I just got a response from Kimberlie from Front Porch Candles regarding the post I just made on her facebook page.....

Here is what she wrote me.

"I messaged you awhile ago Suzanne...sorry if you didn't get it - could be in your others box, we no longer offer fragrance oils.  It got too expensive to purchase in bulk.  WE only sell in 5 pound quantities by request now...thankyou!"

So yep, theyd no longer are in the fragrance oil business.

And I never got a message from her that she said she sent me.......hmmmm

Trappeur

Heck no Goldie......no 5 pounders for me here....lol

I went back to Facebook and thanked her FINALLY responding and also did another post to here.   It was a matter to the fact point that I got across...

You know I'm the most laid back person and not a nasty one either.  It takes a lot to get me rouled up (spelled wrong I'm sure).  But when things happen that shouldn't happen and someone deliberately tries to snuff me off....I stand to attention.  Usually with my demeaner I have let most walk over me at times and I never say anything. but here was an incident that affected me and one of my accounts that I just got and I was ticked off with that company for trying to shove me under the bridge.  All they had to do was be up front honest and deal as a professional business person they are supposedly are.  They didn't, deleted my posts and said they messaged me when they didn't.  I couldn't find any messages from her.   And even after I left a phone message for them to call me back and they didn't I really got ticked as I had an order to fullfill....So yes, I went and gave her my 2cents.....I think she deleted my posts as she didn't want to see customers coming to her site and see a negative post on her site...I'm sure that was it.  

Trappeur

This is why I did not buy when she opened again. Closed abruptly the first time and left a lot of my online vendor friends in a bind. I do buy oils in the quantities that she offers but I am not risking it. 

She may have messaged you on Facebook. That is what she said/meant by her comment. If someone is not your friend on Facebook and they send you a message, it goes to your Message Requests or Filtered Messages folder on FB. Not in your regular message folder. They are where your regular messages would come in, but a different tab or drop down choice depending on your device. Worth checking (although now not for her message!) as others may be messaging you through there, too!  

• Like 2

Trappeur, I'm sorry you have had such an unpleasant experience, and especially when your business is involved.

I had been considering putting in an order to FragranceBuddies. I looked at their FB page and there was a message from a woman who had said she had not received her order and had messaged them twice, and now was posting to FB to get info. After days, there still were no replies to her - yet during that time, they posted their Valentine's special. I also had directly emailed them a basic question and never have received a reply. I now will never order from them because of poor communication. It's just not worth dealing with people who seem not to care, or are so over-burdened they cannot properly tend to their business.

Edited by Incendia

6 hours ago, Incendia said:

Trappeur, I'm sorry you have had such an unpleasant experience, and especially when your business is involved.

I had been considering putting in an order to FragranceBuddies. I looked at their FB page and there was a message from a woman who had said she had not received her order and had messaged them twice, and now was posting to FB to get info. After days, there still were no replies to her - yet during that time, they posted their Valentine's special. I also had directly emailed them a basic question and never have received a reply. I now will never order from them because of poor communication. It's just not worth dealing with people who seem not to care, or are so over-burdened they cannot properly tend to their business.

I've only ordered once from FB 

and never had no issues. The only

thing I don't like about them & this is just personal preference, is the 

safety caps on the bottles. I have arthritis and it was impossible at times to get the cap off :( 

6 hours ago, Incendia said:

I really hate to hear that because I have quite a lot of oils from them. I hope I never need to get some kind of information from them since they're not good about responding to their customers.

29 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I've only ordered once from FB 

and never had no issues. The only

thing I don't like about them & this is just personal preference, is the 

safety caps on the bottles. I have arthritis and it was impossible at times to get the cap off :( 

Oh, I know how you feel with those caps Moonstar.  They drive me nuts trying to get those safety caps off also.  I feel your pain.....and mine!

They too are a hard company to deal with.  They have no phone number so you can't even talk with a live human being.  One time I needed an order to be shipped out right away and just didn't know how to contact them.  So I placed the order and then went to facebook and also Ebay where they sell off of and left a message through email to both areas asking if they could please advise if they can or can't ship out that day.  Well, they never contacted me, but they did ship immediately and I got the next day.  I know they have been around forever and they are not a fly by night company so I felt I was ordering from a company that was respected. I do like their oils...

Trappeur

• Like 1

8 hours ago, justajesuschick said:

This is why I did not buy when she opened again. Closed abruptly the first time and left a lot of my online vendor friends in a bind. I do buy oils in the quantities that she offers but I am not risking it. 

She may have messaged you on Facebook. That is what she said/meant by her comment. If someone is not your friend on Facebook and they send you a message, it goes to your Message Requests or Filtered Messages folder on FB. Not in your regular message folder. They are where your regular messages would come in, but a different tab or drop down choice depending on your device. Worth checking (although now not for her message!) as others may be messaging you through there, too!  

Ok, thanks Just a JC...I didn't know that about the messsages on facebook.   Iwill go and see if in fact she did.

By the way, the final 3'rd message I sent to her on Facebook this morning?????Well she deleted my post there again....

Trappeur

Horrible business, horrible customer service, no other words for it.  I stopped buying from the small companies, and I really love to support small business but I just got so tired of them closing down and not being able to replace those much loved oils.  I stick with the bigger suppliers now, probably the smallest I buy from is Flaming Candle and I may reach out and try Maple Street.

• Like 3

I feel bad for those that purchased oils from her.  This is her second time leaving her customers in a bind and I would never buy her oils as she has shown a lack of respect for her clients in not giving them the heads up about her business intentions.  At least give them the opportunity to purchase needed oils in advance of closing down the website.  No bueno!!!

Well, I decided to pour a few of the oils I bought from Front Porch for myself since that is all I can do and not offer to any stores since she went and pulled that stunt again.  So I made a big 3 wick jobby last night in Marshmallow which I had bought to make my own blend of a smores candle.  All I can say about this fragrance is that in my personal opinion this is not a marshmallow at all but a Vanilla Bean Noel fragrance.  She just went and renamed it Marshmallow my opinion.

I certainly have plenty of different VBNoels from all different suppliers and they smell pretty much all the same so I have an accurate judge on this one.  I will say it's really really nice... but definitely not a marshmallow as named but that's ok I did find my chosen VBN fragrance I love to death from WSP.....So I will enjoy this candle when it's ready for myself...Geesh, I hope it throws as I did a 2 1/2pound candle! ha!   So we move on........

Trappeur

Oh Trapp!  So very sorry you had this terrible experience!  We depend on these companies to help us with our businesses!  I only use the Prairie Kitchen so when it is gone, I think I can duplicate my own.  At least I hope!  The best Marshmallow I have found is the Toasted Marshmallow from Rustic Esscentials!  Sooooo good!!!  I was told by one of my customers that it is "lick the walls" good!  Lol!!!  Hope you can find the replacements that you need!  Let me know if I can help in any way my dear!  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Well, I decided to pour a few of the oils I bought from Front Porch for myself since that is all I can do and not offer to any stores since she went and pulled that stunt again.  So I made a big 3 wick jobby last night in Marshmallow which I had bought to make my own blend of a smores candle.  All I can say about this fragrance is that in my personal opinion this is not a marshmallow at all but a Vanilla Bean Noel fragrance.  She just went and renamed it Marshmallow my opinion.

I certainly have plenty of different VBNoels from all different suppliers and they smell pretty much all the same so I have an accurate judge on this one.  I will say it's really really nice... but definitely not a marshmallow as named but that's ok I did find my chosen VBN fragrance I love to death from WSP.....So I will enjoy this candle when it's ready for myself...Geesh, I hope it throws as I did a 2 1/2pound candle! ha!   So we move on........

Trappeur

You know, it's funny that you say that...I used to order bath and body stuff from a very popular etailer when she was open. She had a super popular Marshmallow blend and when I bought it, I thought ' Ummm this is just VBN ? '

Which is fine, I love VBN, but it wasn't a Marshmallow blend to me in any way, shape or form. It kind of makes me wonder if Front Porch sold back then and she used this oil ? It blew my mind that she would call it marshmallow anything, lol

Edited by WaxingPoetic

5 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Well it could possibly be Poetic......you know.....?   I do too love VBN very very much.....so it won't go to waste.  Now I have to put the others in wax......

Trappeur

At least it is something you already enjoy :) I'm sure that they have some great oils, I always loved their blueberry blends when I ordered their tarts

1 hour ago, Moneypenny said:

Oh Trapp!  So very sorry you had this terrible experience!  We depend on these companies to help us with our businesses!  I only use the Prairie Kitchen so when it is gone, I think I can duplicate my own.  At least I hope!  The best Marshmallow I have found is the Toasted Marshmallow from Rustic Esscentials!  Sooooo good!!!  I was told by one of my customers that it is "lick the walls" good!  Lol!!!  Hope you can find the replacements that you need!  Let me know if I can help in any way my dear!  

Oh wow Moneypenny, it's so good to see you!.  Hope all is well and your great candle business is making lots of money for you!   Lick the walls good? lol, lol...Thanks so much for your help if I need some......:hello:Come back soon.....it's really nice here and everyone is so very nice.....just like back in the old days back at Bittercreek on the forum.....we sure had laughs there, didn't we?  It's like that here too!;)

Trappeur

Edited by Trappeur

• 4 weeks later...

Good to see you too Trapp!  Well I am certainly not independently wealthy but it sure takes me to my "happy place"!!!  Yes I really love it here and have received lots of wonderful advice!  Yes I miss the old Bittercreek forum but I love this!!:D 

On 3/3/2017 at 1:39 PM, Moneypenny said:

What about the marshmallows from Daystar. She has 2-  Marshmallow Fluff + her original Marshmallow . Have you tried either of them. If so, how are they ?

Im having a hard time choosing which one to order. I can't see there being that much difference between the 2 of them lol ! 

• Like 1