Good "deodorizing" fragrance oil?

Siren12

So I found some candles that are marketing to post owners and claim to. Deodorize the air the way febreeze does. I have smelled the candles and they just smell like the scent they are supposed to be such as lavender, they are stating that they have a deodorizing additive. 

Does anyone know of an uncented deodorizer that actually works? I would want to start making tins of deodorizing candles and do a pet deodorizing line ( of course warn about birds because I know that candles can potentially cause issues for birds)

The deodorizing oils I have found seem like they are already scented ( like citrus fragrances), I found on at NG but that seemed to have a scent based on the reviews.

• Like 1

um... Well, if you can release Ozone, or sulfur dioxide, or chlorine into the air via a candle then that might be true.... I'm talking about truly deodorizing here...  
I don't know but I'm pretty suire t\he hunters stuff just block thier sense of smell... 

HTH

• Like 2

Yes they just mask odor but I sell a lot of Flaming's Lemon Odor Elim I think is the name

I also have an old one from I think Swan that is Smoke & Odor Elim.  It worked really well but didn't sell as well as the Citrus one.

I know you want to create your own but maybe look at the notes in these and see what you can come up with.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 2

I was more curious if there was some additive out there that I was missing since this company uses essential oils in their candles and also claims they are "oder eliminating" 

I will check your out suggestions, I just want really looking for a super fruit loopy sent. 

Flamingos lemon sounds good

1 hour ago, ehatch1 said:

Fillmore's Rosemary Thyme is a "deodorizer".  It's definitely an herbal scent, but it is so, so good (in my opinion).

I had Fillmore's lavender Rosemary sage and didn't care for it - to me it smelled a tad perfumery . Does the Rosemary Thyme have a perfume smell at all

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I had Fillmore's lavender Rosemary sage and didn't care for it - to me it smelled a tad perfumery . Does the Rosemary Thyme have a perfume smell at all

No, it didn't smell perfumey to me at all.  Just very garden-like and herbal, if that makes sense.  I believe (if I remember correctly) it was a wicker-upper.

• Like 1

I'm with Candybee about CS smoke and odor eliminator FO. My hubby repaired a crack in the bathroom with some awful smelling stuff the other night and we could smell it all the way into the living room from our bedroom. It was so strong and was giving me a headache. I turned a warmer on and put a little bit of that FO on and within about 30 minutes to an hour it had sucked all of the terrible smell out of the room. It was amazing how well it worked! It smells good too!

• Like 2