Picture of a Moonshine Mason Jar Mini Nipper

Just for fun I made a teeney meeney candle out of a Moonshine Mason Nipper a friend of mine had bought at the liquer store.  He thought it would be cute as a mini candle......

Well it sure is a mini,,,it's the size of a shot glass - 1 3/4" tall x 1 1/2" diameter.   I used 464 and did one in a cd 4 and one in a cd 3 and then I put one of my own labels on it. I did Fillmores Nutmeg and ginger.  I have no idea if these wicks will work.  I think it's the smallest wicks they make.  Has anyone ever seen jars as small as this?  No one would buy anything like this, right?  Would be stupid to even think of selling them even if I could find a jar that small wouldn't you think?

CIMG8675.jpg

CIMG8667.jpg

• Like 5

Do you know how many oz they are? You could sell them as sets, I could see people buying them assuming they are around 2oz. How big is a normal votive candle? I would think that would be their competitors. 

They look cute,I have no clue where you would buy those. my big concern would be getting those jars at a low enough price to make money on them. 

You always have great ideas.

Edited by Siren12

The thing is I always have left over wax after pouring and I bet I have 200 little dixie cups each filled with the left over and of course marked what scent it is.  I save all this leftover waxes for when I pour and I run short.  To be able to turn all the left over wax into something I could sell would be great and I'm sure they would probably walk right out the door at my apple orchard account.  But like Siren said....sell in sets...I agree with that.  But to find the jars....that is the million dollar question....so it will probably be a lost cause....but I'll look around.  I bet I could maybe find them at the Mart, but I'm not going to Atlanta for that.

Trappeur

http://www.goodmans.net/i/9041/sunshine-mason-co.-stainless-steel-drinking-straws-4-pack-with-cleaning-brush.htm?k=SM-80032&sc=BINGSHOP&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing Shopping_Live&utm_term=1100000001266&utm_content=Live Products

here are some as well for a pretty good price 

I saved this link thinking about getting  them awhile back rather than votives but never did order them, I have so many votive holders to use up first 

Another idea is local stores have the mason jar salt and pepper shakers that are small....not sure how cost effective they are but the ones from goodmans are not bad at a dollar each but shipping I haven't clue 

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

The thing is I always have left over wax after pouring and I bet I have 200 little dixie cups each filled with the left over and of course marked what scent it is.  I save all this leftover waxes for when I pour and I run short.  To be able to turn all the left over wax into something I could sell would be great and I'm sure they would probably walk right out the door at my apple orchard account.  But like Siren said....sell in sets...I agree with that.  But to find the jars....that is the million dollar question....so it will probably be a lost cause....but I'll look around.  I bet I could maybe find them at the Mart, but I'm not going to Atlanta for that.

Trappeur

Well, if you just want really little mason jars (well, mason like jars) Dollar Tree is selling them 2 to a pack over by the salt shakers. Little clear plastic square rectangle box with 2 little mason jars with solid silver lids. They're about a shot glass' worth of volume. Those are what I filled with those wood popsicle stick wick tests.  

Thats only 50cents each!  Wow,,,,,,

Well I just emailed my apple orchard account and told her my idea and she loved it.  Then I came up with this.....Dollar store has gorgeous gift boxes with lids in all different patterns etc.  that you can buy for $1.00.  So I was thinking putting 2 in a box or better yet 4 in a box and do each one in a different fragrance..  Keep those ideas coming everyone!  thanks.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Those are adorable. I bet the label text is really small. Might be hard to read for some people so you may want to keep that in mind. Other than that, I think they are cute enough for a niche market and could sell very well.

I like the idea of selling them in a set but sell them singly too so people can pick out the ones they like to make their own 'set'. So you could do a 2 for or 3 for or 5 for specials.  I would market them as mini-votives or create a new name altogether. I like the name nipper so a name could be 'candle nipper' or 'votive nipper' or 'minikin or munchkin votive'.

On 1/20/2017 at 5:35 AM, justajesuschick said:

Those are SOOOOO cute!

Maybe this will get you started. Perhaps find a company from one of these listings who will sell wholesale outside of Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=mason+shot+glass+jars&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Amason+shot+glass+jars

I got these for Christmas and they are adorable!  2 oz so prob hold about 1.5 of wax.

20 hours ago, Trappeur said:

I've been meaning to tell you Candybee I love your new avatar.   Looks like a gremlin from the movies...That isn't a real animal is it?

Trappeur

I think its a picture of a stuffed fake animal. It looks kind of like that those movie characters from Madagascar. King Julien's sidekick Mort? or the little furball guy that gets kicked around.

King julien.jpg

Madagascar lemur.jpg

Edited by Candybee

Now you tell me what is that thing? Its cute but I don't think its real. Its supposed to be some kind of baby lemur I think. All I could find was it is from something called "My Little Dragon" so it could be a story or popular character in another country. I just thought it was freakin cute!

OMG!!! That is a stinkin cutie patootie!

Hey you need to do a candle with that picture!!!I bed you would sell the crap out of them!!!!!!!

But then here you go with a copyright thing!  But I love it!

GORGEOUS photography!

Trappeuer

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

the mini candles are really cute and I think they will sell.  (they'd be especially nice in a B&B gift basket)  I'm an Eco wick user and did a little searching & found that Eco makes some small wicks (tea lite & votive sizes .2, .5 & 1)  But you know you've just started something, right ! ! ? ?