Searching Archives on Sugar Scrubs Cant Find Original Recipe

Moonstar

So I was searching sugar scubs on CraftServer and came across a pretty old post ( I think it was from 2006 ?) and it talked about a recipe call Holy Grail ? There was 

mention of the recipe being posted on soap dish maybe IDK ??? Anyhow, it sounded like everyone participating in the thread raved about it and said it was posted on

Craft server as well ? Is it possible since the post was old that the recipe was deleted from here ? Id really like to try it out. Anyone familiar with this scrub ?

• 2 weeks later...

Why is this thing secret? PM's are whizzing about with stuff about the Holy Grail... o.O 

I... I am suddenly afraid... Very, very afraid.... 

Sponiebr: (Looking for the little knob to pull up, so I can get out of Dodge...)  

Edited by Sponiebr

4 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Why is this thing secret? PM's are whizzing about with stuff about the Holy Grail... o.O 

I... I am suddenly afraid... Very, very afraid.... 

Sponiebr: (Looking for the little knob to pull up, so I can get out of Dodge...)  

Sharing of recipes, etc, without the author's permission is taboo. If the recipe is on another forum, double whammy. Nobody wants the fallout drama here, especially ME.

There are puhlenty of scrub recipes available, many containing emulsifiers to cut the greasiness. SwiftCraftyMonkey.blogspot.com shares freely, and is a great place to start learning about them. I have made the aforenamed scrub, figured out what I disliked about it early on and ended up making my own that I like much more. 

The whole magic around an emulsified scrub is, wait for it..., an emulsifier. That emulsifier can be a surfactant for shampoos and the like (SLSa, SLS, SCI) or emulsifying wax (in the named recipe), BTMS, you name it. Pinterest recipes use Dawn dishwashing detergent, which fits the same category (Dawn is just SLs and SLeS with water and thickeners). 

if you want the product stiff, use stiffer oils, butters and waxes. You can make them solid. You can make them feel creamy.

The ability to sell that product comes down to your creativity packaging and describing it. 

It is pretty low in the poll compared to other things, but does Anyone want a new thread dedicated to formulating a scrub?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Sharing of recipes, etc, without the author's permission is taboo. If the recipe is on another forum, double whammy. Nobody wants the fallout drama here, especially ME.

There are puhlenty of scrub recipes available, many containing emulsifiers to cut the greasiness. SwiftCraftyMonkey.blogspot.com shares freely, and is a great place to start learning about them. I have made the aforenamed scrub, figured out what I disliked about it early on and ended up making my own that I like much more. 

The whole magic around an emulsified scrub is, wait for it..., an emulsifier. That emulsifier can be a surfactant for shampoos and the like (SLSa, SLS, SCI) or emulsifying wax (in the named recipe), BTMS, you name it. Pinterest recipes use Dawn dishwashing detergent, which fits the same category (Dawn is just SLs and SLeS with water and thickeners). 

if you want the product stiff, use stiffer oils, butters and waxes. You can make them solid. You can make them feel creamy.

The ability to sell that product comes down to your creativity packaging and describing it. 

It is pretty low in the poll compared to other things, but does Anyone want a new thread dedicated to formulating a scrub?

Wow...Do you really think those Disher's would come over here with their brand flavor of kick ass jut to raise hell?? NAH!!!! 

Current and former Forum members are far and wide. After seeing wrath on Facebook groups and other forums I can say a difinitive YES crap will be slung if we share someone else's work without permission. I'd really rather not have any of that here. Please and thanks.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Current and former Forum members are far and wide. After seeing wrath on Facebook groups and other forums I can say a difinitive YES crap will be slung if we share someone else's work without permission. I'd really rather not have any of that here. Please and thanks.

Meh, you know me TT, just fun'n around.

Not for nothing but SwiftCraftyMonkey's site is pretty much the Holy Grail for lotions and such. I've been deliberating contacting Susan in reference to why Pine Tar accelerates CP so badly.  Also... (Something that I found interesting), Pine Tar messes up beeswax BADLY! It makes hard little lumps in beeswax, (i'm way off topic here) Anyway, I doubt anyone other than me is interested in making a peppermint EO and pine tar sugar scrub... 

Sponiebr the Executor of Bad (you've got NO IDEA how BAD) Ideas and Sundry Services 

• Like 1

Now nearly every wax maker in the indie FB and IG wax worlds has added Sugar Scrubs to their lineups. They are making boatloads of money.  It appears most are using a stock Foaming Bath Whip base and a bunch of sugar. Oh, and WAYYYYYY too much colorant. Special? Nope. Selling more than they can produce? Yes. Crazy.

In other news, If any of you make a non-base body butter with no colorant, please PM me. Not making it but would like to buy some for my own use from someone knowledgable and skilled! 

• Like 2

I've never bought a Lush bath 

fizzy. Are they popular because 

of the scents ? Are they moisturizing, they have lots of cocoa butter & oils ??? I love the videos where they make the products & they add fresh avacados ??? or pour vodka 

in a recipe . How is this possible?

On 1/21/2017 at 8:28 PM, TallTayl said:

@moonstar is have bought and tried a few. They performed so poorly that I actually laughed. Ditto with the bubble bath. But it is fun to shop there. I like shopping at Basin more than Lush.

Basin ? never heard of this. Im assuming its a store ? What is it then about the lush products that make the wildly popular ? 

The basin I found was at the streets of disney in Florida. Big, bright, wide open store with stuff organized, clean looking and smelling great. Still open, no packaging, but a really pleasant experience.

lush is an experience unto itself. The music, tight displays and trendy colors makes the store intoxicating. 

• Like 1