Has anyone tries Mandarin Cranberry from Flaming - Im wondering if its similar to Fillmores- Cranberry Citrus ? Im ordering a bigger bottle of Flaming's Chai

+ possible the Tobacco Caramelanyone tried the Tobacco Caramel - how would you best describe that one ? thanks :) If you have any favorites from Flaming,

please feel free to mention those :) 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 2

These sound good. I'd offer to help here, BUT they come from different companies. The mandarin cranberry I had was not the bright whiff of citrus/orange, but rather a bit heavier. Compared to another company's cranberry citrus ... they're similar, but the cranberry citrus wasn't a sickeningly sweet to me. The companies were Peaks for cranberry citrus and Lonestar for the MC. They may or not be similar to either of these companies. I wanted the MC to be a little more hearty not as sweet. 

Since all that doesn't help you terribly, I'd love to hear what your thoughts are on the chai when  you get it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

If you have any favorites from Flaming, please feel free to mention those :) 

Now I've used some from this company and I like their dupes that I did get, BUT we're a bottle sniffer, because often I have great ideas (when ordering) and get thrills and chills to smell most everything (on arrival) and then I get distracted. 

Beautiful Day (I think that's the BB&W name) very fun for a floral/soft hint of fruit fragrance

Black Pearl (Seriously getting this into bath bombs when I get off my butt today and do something) 

What's the Lush fragrance 25:41 or something like that ... I had to know what it smelled like and I'm in lurve with it ... just to figure out what to do with it and what to call it, because Lush(ness) isn't that popular in my state ... as in there's no Lush lol! 

IF you like nature ... get the frosted pine cones and the Black cedarwood and juniper and mix them 1:1 ... 

The rest of what I have would have to be relayed by sniffing them and saying oh yeah this one is good ... cuz they are all good out of the bottle, but they would distract me from finishing up my Canella Bark candles that I have to get up and get done because I'm tired of the smell lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Has anyone tries Mandarin Cranberry from Flaming - Im wondering if its similar to Fillmores- Cranberry Citrus ? Im ordering a bigger bottle of Flaming's Chai

+ possible the Tobacco Caramelanyone tried the Tobacco Caramel - how would you best describe that one ? thanks :) If you have any favorites from Flaming,

please feel free to mention those :) 

Scented, you sound a lot like me, I get all these brain storm ideas and then I get distracted lol ! I'll have to go and check these FO's out ! Thank you :) 

• Like 1

Well let's start here, because I have 45 minutes to burn more or less till it's time for repours ;)  I might as well start in on some of my wish list fragrances lol!

It's 25:43 -- very uplifting and surprisingly not herbal or citrus heavy. Has a little bit of a light sophisticated air to it. 

A Thousand Whispers ... I'm so curious about this one and would love to have a B&BW around to get whiffs when I want. 

Be Enchanted -- OOB this one is close to the original. It's really a fun apple-inspired smelling fragrance ... I'll put it this way you can tell apple is in it. 

Birch & Black Pepper

Black Ice ... I have no idea if this is a match, because I keep forgetting to smell the car fresheners. 

Christmas Hearth ... wow I didn't realize I bought this ... don't tell my partner eeks. 

Cinnamon Spiced Vanilla ... so I do have fairly immediate plans for this one, but it doesn't inspire OOB. 

Dirty ... I just don't like the name, but I do really like the fragrance. I think I was thinking they had black pearl, but that's someone else. 

Fall Magic ... we have this too, but surprisingly I forgot we did. Will have to wait till another time to intro it. OOB it is a very nice fall spice. 

Karma ... this was one of the more affordable versions of the scent and it still remains one of my favorites, but I'm kind of into patchouli-based fragrances. 

Patchouli Amber ... so that means I love this scent, but never tried theirs. 

Rain and Angelica ... We have it, but I got it to be a mixer with something else we got and I can't remember what that was. Someday I will remember. 

Sandalwood and Suede intrigues me, but I couldn't sneak it into my last order, because if I remember correctly I accidentally dropped in a couple of other fragrances into the cart and there was no way to say I made that many mistakes. 

Twisted Cinnamon I really wanted to try so maybe tomorrow I can quit thinking of how I want to do this one and just do it. 

So Moonstar, what all are you looking at? 

• Like 2

I use a quite a bit of FO from flaming moonstar if you're looking for something specific I may be able to help you out. I bought a large bottle of the chai because I have a few people who like it, however I'm not a fan and I don't think Ill order it again. It has a smell to me that I don't care for but I can't quite pinpoint what it is. The Chai throws well but just doesn't do it for me for some reason. I also have a 1/2lb of Havana and Acai Berry that I doubt I'll use, they smell gross OOB. In fairness I need to put them into wax. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Scented, you sound a lot like me, I get all these brain storm ideas and then I get distracted lol ! I'll have to go and check these FO's out ! Thank you :) 

Same here! I've been off for a whole week and didn't get around to even pouring anything until this afternoon. I had such BIG plans to get my wax room straightened up and organized but needless to say that didn't happen LOL! My ADD kicked in. Now I have to go back to work on Monday *shudder*

• Like 1

I've never tried Filmore, but if they're Cranberry Citrus smells like Peak.....then, no, Mandarin Cranberry from Flaming does not smell like Cranberry Citrus.  Mandarin Cranberry, to my nose, smells exactly like the Yankee version...and that makes me uber happy!  I love it, but can't give it away :(  Gonna have to find something to mix it with for some appeal.

Flaming has some really (really) good oils, along with a few duds as any vendor does.  I find most of their fruity scents to need some work.  The Tobacco Caramel you mentioned does smell very similar to CS Coriander Tonka as mentioned above.  They both remind me of Aquolina's Blue Sugar for men.  It's good and strong!

Some of my other favorites from Flaming:

Roasted Pine Cones 
Fire Roasted Marshmallows - smells just like BBW Marshmallow Fireside
Ancient Incense - dead ringer to Moonworks
Fresh Outdoors
Woodland Foliage
Patchouli Amber - customers don't overly care for this one, as it has a strong clean/laundry note
Sugar Cookie Royale

• Like 2

5 hours ago, number2of7 said:

I've never tried Filmore, but if they're Cranberry Citrus smells like Peak.....then, no, Mandarin Cranberry from Flaming does not smell like Cranberry Citrus.  Mandarin Cranberry, to my nose, smells exactly like the Yankee version...and that makes me uber happy!  I love it, but can't give it away :(  Gonna have to find something to mix it with for some appeal.

Flaming has some really (really) good oils, along with a few duds as any vendor does.  I find most of their fruity scents to need some work.  The Tobacco Caramel you mentioned does smell very similar to CS Coriander Tonka as mentioned above.  They both remind me of Aquolina's Blue Sugar for men.  It's good and strong!

Some of my other favorites from Flaming:

Roasted Pine Cones 
Fire Roasted Marshmallows - smells just like BBW Marshmallow Fireside
Ancient Incense - dead ringer to Moonworks
Fresh Outdoors
Woodland Foliage
Patchouli Amber - customers don't overly care for this one, as it has a strong clean/laundry note
Sugar Cookie Royale

This is a great list - thank you for taking the time :) 

• Like 1

I haven't tried the Mandarin but it is on my list to try as I think it would be a year round seller if it's good.

These I use:  Cairns Sunset, which I rename is one of my top sellers, I also use Sands, Driftwood and Mint Chocolate.   I honestly have about 12-15 of their scents and I use them all.  I'm sitting here at my computer and can't think of the scents.  I'll post later when I go down to my workshop.

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

I haven't used many scents from Flaming,  but a must have for me is their Baja Cactus Blossom. I need to place another order just for this oil.  I haven't tested it in wax, only bath bombs and other B& B products. 

I also use Tobacco Caramel and it is nice,  but I agree with No2 of7, that it is so similar to Blue Sugar. I'm getting light/med throw in my parasoy melts. 

Edited by Shar
spelling
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Scented said:

OH that's sadness. What I have from elsewhere, it has a powdery after note to it, but it isn't laundry smelling. 

Maybe "laundry" is the wrong term.  It definitely has that sharp clean top note....at least to my nose.  Don't get me wrong.  I really like it.  I would like to see a true Patchouli Amber without the baby powder, but the powdery vibe always seems to follow anything with amber notes.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Shar said:

I haven't used many scents from Flaming,  but a must have for me is their Baja Cactus Blossom. I need to place another order just for this oil.  I haven't tested it in wax, only bath bombs and other B& B products. 

I also use Tobacco Caramel and it is nice,  but I agree with No2 of7, that it is so similar to Blue Sugar. I'm getting light/med throw in my parasoy melts. 

Thanks for letting me know about the Tobacco Caramel  HT in wax melts - that really helps :) 

• Like 1

Just wanted to chime in on Tobacco Caramel. I also find it similar to CS Coriander & Tonka but not a total match. I use NG Pillar of Bliss (a parasoy) and 7% fragrance load and get really good hot throw with Flaming's Tobacco Caramel. Everyone that smells it loves it. I really only sell to family and friends, but they have bought that one...in fact, my mom just asked me if she could buy my whole stash of this. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lana said:

Just wanted to chime in on Tobacco Caramel. I also find it similar to CS Coriander & Tonka but not a total match. I use NG Pillar of Bliss (a parasoy) and 7% fragrance load and get really good hot throw with Flaming's Tobacco Caramel. Everyone that smells it loves it. I really only sell to family and friends, but they have bought that one...in fact, my mom just asked me if she could buy my whole stash of this. 

Thanks Lana :) So you use the Pillar of Bliss to make wax melts ? Ive never tried that wax. Awhile back ago I ordered the KY tart/votive wax from RE and I 

did not care for it. To me, it had an odd odor while I was melting it :( 

2 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Thanks Lana :) So you use the Pillar of Bliss to make wax melts ? Ive never tried that wax. Awhile back ago I ordered the KY tart/votive wax from RE and I 

did not care for it. To me, it had an odd odor while I was melting it :( 

It's the only thing I've really tried for melts...I get good throw on almost every fragrance from multiple suppliers and smooth tops (except when I make melts in a slightly drafty area of my kitchen). I like using the pillar wax so I can easily pop used wax out of the warmer and there is little to no residue to clean. 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2016 at 8:49 PM, Lana said:

Maybe I need to melt another of the tobacco caramel. Sometimes I get "candle nose" I normally use 10 % load when making melts unless it's a strong fo. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shar said:

Maybe I need to melt another of the tobacco caramel. Sometimes I get "candle nose" I normally use 10 % load when making melts unless it's a strong fo. 

I don't fully understand the "why" but I found that I had a lot of hot throw issues when I was working with 10%. Somehow, most of my FO's I thought seemed weak at 10% are great at 7%. There are some fragrances that blow the doors off my house at 7% so I've cut back on those a bit.

Having been making melts and the occasional candle only since Jan, I'm by no means an expert, but this has been my experience.  I'd definitely melt some more of that Tobacco Caramel though, because it's so delicious!!! :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lana said:

I don't fully understand the "why" but I found that I had a lot of hot throw issues when I was working with 10%. Somehow, most of my FO's I thought seemed weak at 10% are great at 7%. There are some fragrances that blow the doors off my house at 7% so I've cut back on those a bit.

Having been making melts and the occasional candle only since Jan, I'm by no means an expert, but this has been my experience.  I'd definitely melt some more of that Tobacco Caramel though, because it's so delicious!!! :)

I think I'll try the pillar of bliss 

it sounds promising :)