Anyone tried Black Vanilla from Pure Fragrance Oils

Moonstar

Has anyone tried the Black Vanilla from Pure Fragrance Oils before ? They have some interesting sounding oils. Trappeur I saw they have a VBN but noticed theirs 

doesn't have any caramel like many of them do. Worth giving it a shot. If you've used them (PFO) before - have you used them in candles or just soap etc ? 

• 1 month later...
On 10/16/2016 at 8:05 AM, Moonstar said:

Has anyone tried the Black Vanilla from Pure Fragrance Oils before ? They have some interesting sounding oils. Trappeur I saw they have a VBN but noticed theirs 

doesn't have any caramel like many of them do. Worth giving it a shot. If you've used them (PFO) before - have you used them in candles or just soap etc ? 

Sorry I missed this post Moonstar.  Geesh, I have ordered so many oils from so many places this past month, I don't remember who from and what.  I've just been so busy trying to keep up with my one account.  But I'm going to be in better shape this week.   I just went to their site and wow, they are the new distributors for Southern Garden, Moonworks and Snowdrift Farm.  I know these companies had fabulous oils.  Going to check them out now.  So nope never ordered from them, (YET), LOL...

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

PFO has some really great FOs. The problem for me is they are on the west coast and I'm on the east. But they definitely have the very best OMH and Lavender. I have not been able to find the same quality for those two oils. I just can't find any as good.

Im always searching for a great lavender. Im currently using CS, I like it ok but I'm still searching for a better one. Would you say its different from CS - how so ?

Now you have me intrigued - darn you lol !

CS lavender doesn't compare to PFO's. Its so much better. Since I stopped using it as my primary lavender my lavender soap sales have dropped a lot. I couldn't find a replacement so I started using lavender EO with CS lavender. Its good but no where as good as PFO's lavender. I have thought a lot about it lately and may just bite the bullet and go back to using their lavender. I hate the shipping costs but their lavender and OMH are really that good!

Hard to describe the difference. The PFO lavender smells more like the essential oil with a less camphorous note. Its more floral, sweet, and herbal. Its really excellent quality. Best lavender I have found. Anywhere!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Candybee said:

CS lavender doesn't compare to PFO's. Its so much better. Since I stopped using it as my primary lavender my lavender soap sales have dropped a lot. I couldn't find a replacement so I started using lavender EO with CS lavender. Its good but no where as good as PFO's lavender. I have thought a lot about it lately and may just bite the bullet and go back to using their lavender. I hate the shipping costs but their lavender and OMH are really that good!

Hard to describe the difference. The PFO lavender smells more like the essential oil with a less camphorous note. Its more floral, sweet, and herbal. Its really excellent quality. Best lavender I have found. Anywhere!

Im convinced now - thank you ! In your opinion do you think it would work in soy candles ? Of course, theres no way you can say for sure, but I value your opinion :) 

The holiday are officially here, can you believe it ? Today was our last nice weather day, almost like Spring. Tonight the temps drop significantly and cold + rain :( 

Gosh!! You all I have to go checkout another supplier LOL. I was trying to hold out for the Black Friday sale. I have received emails about some of the sales coming up. I just poured wax melts with Maple Streets Oats Milk & Honey ,very strong results ,love this one . I am starting to really love MS oils :)

I will definitely check out PFO . Thanks Candybee for the tip ,Kat

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, number2of7 said:

I'm a little late to this party, but I've been carrying their Black Vanilla for years.  It is one of the best earthy scents for b&b stuff, but I never could get it to throw in wax.  I begged and pleaded with the FO, but he's as stubborn as I am.  Pfft! lol

Out of curiosity - which wax do you use ? Im wondering if many of their oils perform better in B+B rather than wax. I was thinking the Lavender Candy loves

but she also uses it for her soap + she also just love the Oatmeal Milk + Honey . They also have a olive branch I think thats what its called, it says in the 

description that theres Lemon verbena in there. But, of course it was out of stock. I'll be testing in 464 soy wax. 

3 hours ago, number2of7 said:

I blend three different waxes to create my own parasoy blend.  I don't think the wax would matter in a case like this.  Black Vanilla is simply a mild FO.

Thanks again ! your input has been very helpful. I would of thought something with patchouli in it would of been stronger. Its probable better suited for

B +B products. They do seem to have some great sounding oils though, Im just wondering if they won't perform well in wax though ??? 

On 11/18/2016 at 5:42 PM, katmeltswax said:

Gosh!! You all I have to go checkout another supplier LOL. I was trying to hold out for the Black Friday sale. I have received emails about some of the sales coming up. I just poured wax melts with Maple Streets Oats Milk & Honey ,very strong results ,love this one . I am starting to really love MS oils :)

I will definitely check out PFO . Thanks Candybee for the tip ,Kat

I'm happy to hear MS's OMH is good and strong Kat!  I haven't tried it yet and ordered during the sale.  I like a lot of their oils so I figured it would be good. 

• Like 1