Is Peak going out of business?

Michdj

Every time I go to order more FOs from Peak, they're out of what I need.  I'm up to 4 scents that I need that they're out of, so I randomly picked scents from A-H on their web site and came up with 12 out of stock on the first two pages.  Are they going out of business?  Does anyone know?  I'll need to stock up if they are, and avoid another Scent Works situation.

2 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Which ones are you trying to order? I just went to the sight and randomly selected about 20 different FOs and all were in stock.

Most all of their paraffin waxes + blends ( 6006) were out of stock(as of 2 days ago)  but most of the FO that were out of stock are now there.

Im wondering if their recent warehouse move has anything to do with it ? 

Its been a good 2 yrs since they moved to their PA location. Plus I've been there and seen the warehouse firsthand last year on several occasions. Didn't look like they had any warehouse issues to me. I seriously think its a stock issue. This is the time of year when suppliers run OOS. Its very common. Happens every year. Fall is a huge candle season.

• Like 1

I have been consistently buying from them for about 4 years and have never, ever experienced this with them until this summer. 

Out of oils I needed (5-6 different oils at a time) for weeks!

Now, once an oil comes back in, I am buying 4-8 pounds of it as I have a set scent list and cannot just sub out for something else. Customers have been buying the product for nearly 4 years and expect that it is the same order over order.

They put me in a very bad place this summer.

• Like 2

@Candybee You have to click on a quantity to see that it's out of stock, otherwise it looks at first blush like you can order it.  And many, many of them are out of stock.  I'm just wondering if something is up, because it wasn't just this time of year - it was all summer that I've been needing several.  Since June.  If they're going out of business, I wish they'd say.  I'd definitely stock up on what they DO have in stock.

ETA:  From the first page, when you click either 8oz or 16oz, 6 out of 17 (35%) are IN stock. 

The following are out of stock - just from the first page:

Almond Pasteries

Amber Romance

Amish Harvest

Apple Blossom

Apple Jack & Peel

Aruba Coconut

Autumn Walk

Bartlett Pear

Bayberry

Birthday Cake

Black Canyon

Edited by Michdj
Additional info
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Michdj said:

@Candybee You have to click on a quantity to see that it's out of stock, otherwise it looks at first blush like you can order it.  And many, many of them are out of stock.  I'm just wondering if something is up, because it wasn't just this time of year - it was all summer that I've been needing several.  Since June.  If they're going out of business, I wish they'd say.  I'd definitely stock up on what they DO have in stock.

ETA:  From the first page, when you click either 8oz or 16oz, 6 out of 17 (35%) are IN stock. 

The following are out of stock - just from the first page:

Almond Pasteries

Amber Romance

Amish Harvest

Apple Blossom

Apple Jack & Peel

Aruba Coconut

Autumn Walk

Bartlett Pear

Bayberry

Birthday Cake

Black Canyon

Okay I clicked on the FO to see the details but not on a quantity. That is different. I too had problems with 2 oils I use this past summer. So I found replacements at FB and haven't been shopping at Peaks for a while... except recently when I wanted glass glow they were out of stock.

So now after this revelation I am wondering too if something is going on or do they just have a new stock manager that is clueless??:confused:

• Like 1

Yes. That was my experience. 

It caused me to wonder if they are consolidating manufacturers. As in if the delays were matching scents with a single supplier. I hope that none of the oils are different in any way after such long delays. This is nothing like I have experienced in 4 years of buying nearly monthly from them. 

• Like 1

I don't think they are the only company, I've had out of stock at others this year that I never had before. I'm wondering if the manufacturers are having trouble sourcing their products to make the fo.  I know the essential oil industry is having a hard time, you will notice many prices have skyrocketed in essential oils.  I went to buy Neroli and about fell on the floor!  My sis said it's because they just can't get it, at least not quality, it's all adulturated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

I don't think they are the only company, I've had out of stock at others this year that I never had before. I'm wondering if the manufacturers are having trouble sourcing their products to make the fo.  I know the essential oil industry is having a hard time, you will notice many prices have skyrocketed in essential oils.  I went to buy Neroli and about fell on the floor!  My sis said it's because they just can't get it, at least not quality, it's all adulturated.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least . If it is true about EO being 

adulterated what would they cut it with ? Grapefruit EO is sky high 

I've bought it from WSP before & liked it - they say it's due to poor crops ??? I'm beginning to wonder about all of this , are they making fools of us ??? IDK 

7 hours ago, Moonstar said:

This wouldn't surprise me in the least . If it is true about EO being 

adulterated what would they cut it with ? Grapefruit EO is sky high 

I've bought it from WSP before & liked it - they say it's due to poor crops ??? I'm beginning to wonder about all of this , are they making fools of us ??? IDK 

They either cut with carrier oils or they send a sample of a premium oil and then when you order it is a much lower quality oil.  My sis said they are having to send out both the sample and the actual order to a lab for testing from new companies they are dealing with.  This is also raising costs.  Said very few of the reputable companies they buy in bulk from have remained in business.  Maybe it is poor crops or maybe it's just getting to costly to extract the essential oil.  Since she works for a fairly large EO company and is their head aromatherapist (and also cuz she's my sis and wouldn't lie to me) I believe in the EO's they sell.  Not sure I can say that about all of them out there, take a look at some of the very low priced Neroli, Lavender or Patchouli out there and you just know it's cut or they could never sell so cheap.

The EO company I work with has grown so fast that it hasn't been able to keep up with demand.  So they started limiting buying to one bottle/month of certain oils, stopped offering 15ml bottles with the 5ml bottle prices going up, and are often out of product.  In the meantime, they are planting more fields/trees to keep up with demand.  The good thing about this company is its products remain 100% pure. 

Goldie

Man trouble stocking things if it's the manufacturers who are causing the problems/delays are tarnishing the reputation of reputable companies. See we could have come close to stocking what we needed had we had back up companies to turn to, but we kind of like the select stuff we get at various companies. Unfortunately, we'll be searching for backups and replacement scents at the places that can't keep stock in stock. Someone has dropped the ball and unfortunately it is during the busiest part of the season ... and that makes it even worse. The last time I think they ran a fragrance special they were out of everything too. I've never been able to really take advantage of the specials that interest me, because they don't have what I'm looking for in stock. Still wishing the company was in Colorado. I understand why it isn't, but we would have accepted them in Kansas lol!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Scented said:

.......Still wishing the company was in Colorado. I understand why it isn't, but we would have accepted them in Kansas lol!

If they were in Kansas they would have to change their name to Flats...

...just sayin...

:rolleyes22: