Making A Cowgirl

Scented

In our business we have a tendency to make a play towards cowboys and have tossed together a few scents that go along a leather-and-something line. 

So I'm wanting to make a scent to call Cowgirl and what I've got so far that might work, but needs a little help, is: 

Leather, Rose, jasmine ... now I need something to make a person want to whistle as in ah ha got it. Any suggestions? 

Just some of my notes: 

-- Amber doesn't work

-- Vanilla might work, but it can't be just any ol' vanilla and the Vanilla Romance I do have will be history when the bottle is empty since the supplier went OOB. 

-- If I were to use a musk, what is playful enough or innocent enough? 

All suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.  

• Like 1

I remember reading old posts about this topic. If I remember correctly Belinda had some great FO combos with the cutest names for each fragrance.

If I find it in the archives I'll attach a link for you. Just type in leather FO maybe since I believe thats what the topic was about - I think lol ! 

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliment Moonstar!

Scented, here in Texas leather and leather blends are my best sellers. I'm a bakery person myself but don't sell anywhere near of that as I do leather/leather blends.

I'm also planning to try a mix with cinnamon and call it Blazing saddles or Red Hot Cowboy or something like that. Vanilla and leather has been my biggest seller. I use Vanilla bean from NG or VBN from whoever i have it from to mix. I smelled one from a candle company a few years back where they had mixed leather with a plain vanilla and called it Cowgirl Undies. I thought that was a cute name but I didn't think the vanilla was that strong. All I got was leather from it. That's why I chose Vanilla Bean Noel or Vanilla Bean for my vanilla blend.

I've mixed a touch of leather with a clean scent (can't remember which one right now but I'm thinking clean cotton) and called it Pistols and Petticoats. One was lavender and a touch of leather and I call it Miss Kitty and Marshal Dillon LOL! I googled old westerns to get some of my names!

Hope this helps!

• Like 3

I did two cowgirl scents, one with Leather & Patch and one with Leather & Lavender.  The Leather & Patch sells way better but my town is sort of hippie/western/beach.

I was going to try Cinnamon next so Thanks Belinda for not making me think I'm crazy!

• Like 2

We've got the leather and cinnamon, which we dub as something ... nice time to draw a blank lol! 

We've got leather and a touch of chipotle salsa that we call blazing saddles. 

We've got leather, hay and some apple that we call Giddy Up. 

There's the Goodlookin' Cowboy that we have, but it will be gone soon. 

We have nothing for a cowgirl though ... except they tend to like goodlookin' cowboy. 
An interesting mix might very well be the VBN and leather! The leather and patch is another that sounds good too! 
I've got a mix of leather, amber and salty sailor that we want to start making, but I have no idea for a name. Gladly will take suggestions lol! It's the cleanest leather I think I've every smelled, but it's got a hint of sexy sweatiness ... perhaps Ranch hand might become the name ... egads! 

• Like 2

I didn't think I would like any leather scent but I absolutely love the one from Texas Candle Supply.......I want to use it straight but also mix with other fragrances for the western line I'm working on! Their Mexican Vanilla is a real nice one too. Bitter Creek North has a nice leather also,  quite different from TCS but good!

I'm only going to offer 6 western fragrances to start out and then add more if it works out. I think a good coffee scent might work, leather, leather mixes, sweet grass n sage.......now I'm rambling! Happy candle making everyone!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Scented said:

We've got the leather and cinnamon, which we dub as something ... nice time to draw a blank lol! 

We've got leather and a touch of chipotle salsa that we call blazing saddles. 

We've got leather, hay and some apple that we call Giddy Up. 

There's the Goodlookin' Cowboy that we have, but it will be gone soon. 

We have nothing for a cowgirl though ... except they tend to like goodlookin' cowboy. 
An interesting mix might very well be the VBN and leather! The leather and patch is another that sounds good too! 
I've got a mix of leather, amber and salty sailor that we want to start making, but I have no idea for a name. Gladly will take suggestions lol! It's the cleanest leather I think I've every smelled, but it's got a hint of sexy sweatiness ... perhaps Ranch hand might become the name ... egads! 

LOVE Ranch Hand!

6 hours ago, gail164 said:

I didn't think I would like any leather scent but I absolutely love the one from Texas Candle Supply.......I want to use it straight but also mix with other fragrances for the western line I'm working on! Their Mexican Vanilla is a real nice one too. Bitter Creek North has a nice leather also,  quite different from TCS but good!

I'm only going to offer 6 western fragrances to start out and then add more if it works out. I think a good coffee scent might work, leather, leather mixes, sweet grass n sage.......now I'm rambling! Happy candle making everyone!

I am only about 30 minutes from TCS and that's who I buy my leather from. It's the best I've found in my opinion. I do like The Candle Source's leather too though. It's a little sweeter. My VBN and leather blend is one of it not my biggest sellers. I actually like the way the two smell together. I don't like leather too much alone but I love it mixed with VBN or Vanilla Bean which smells just like VBN to me.

• Like 1

How nice for you to live so close to TCS!  So far I have liked all of the fragrance samples from there and love the jars with the horses on them!  I am placing an order tomorrow and will get a sample of Cowboys At The Beach. Thank you for response:) 

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Belinda, if you haven't tried Peppercorn from BCN, get a sample next time you order from them. I believe it would blend well with leather, and fit in with a western line. I blend it for my wholesale account, just started selling it in October 2015, and it's already their 2nd bestseller.

17 hours ago, gail164 said:

Please! Keep rambling :D

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Belinda said:

Texas Candle Supply also has one they call Cowboys At The Beach which is a mix of leather and Butt Naked. It smells SOOOOOO good! 

I'm having a hard time imagining that lol! I'm not a leather lover either, but I'm pretty sick of pouring and pouring and pouring BN right now lol!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OldGlory said:

Belinda, if you haven't tried Peppercorn from BCN, get a sample next time you order from them. I believe it would blend well with leather, and fit in with a western line. I blend it for my wholesale account, just started selling it in October 2015, and it's already their 2nd bestseller.

Thank you Old Glory! I will defiantly try that one. Most of my customers like the manly/leather scents and the whole time I'm wanting to pour some banana nut bread or sugar cookie! LOL!