Keeping Pour Pots Warm?

How does everyone keep they're pour pots warm it you do not have an oven? 

Right now I have my home oven to heat my pour pots before I put wax in them but I'm coming to a point by next year that I want to get a space outside of my home to work. I'm sure I won't have the option of an oven. 

Thanks for the advice. 

I have two ways... and depends on how im feeling that day. :)

1) I have heat lamps that I made a pulley system for (I also lower those to pre-heat my containers as well. I never use oven anymore. Heat lamps do the same thing just as fast

So I use those often to preheat the pouring pots as well/ Your articular setup is up to you

2) Heat gun, Either hold and move it around to heat the pot. Or, depending on the type of heat gun, mine has an outer case that sticks out further than the metal nozzle that stays cool. In other words, I can lay my heat gun down on its side. I do this with the heat nozzle pointed into the pout also laying on its side. All of this is done in a confined area so no risk of damage to anything else if it moves. But I am always right there anyway

I'm glad you mentioned the electric griddle. I had a question about that.

Pouring pots often have a black residue when you wipe them down the outsides and bottom especially after being heated.

I was afraid this would leave that residue on the griddle and affect other things I put on the griddle. Anyone had an issue with that?

I use an electric griddle also- I pour my FO in the pour pots and keep it warm while wax is melting and it works wonderful for if you pour slushy all the wax that sticks at the end of your pours....just crank up the temp and it all melts down to easily clean

never had an issue with black residue....I have had mine for years and never get black when I wipe them 

• Like 2

Good to know. Every pout pot Ive ever used when I go to clean them out with paper towels, there is always some black that comes off from the outside of the pots. Which is not a big deal.. unless I plan on sitting them on a griddle or in a melting pot to heat them up. :)

But it may be an issue only when wiping them with towels. (not talking about the inside of the pots)

Thank you everyone! I actually just came into an electric griddle by accident. Haha! So will try that out. 

Btw- finishing up pouring all my candles for the fall/ holiday shows. ... Or at least the initial pouring. I'm sure I'll be pouring more. 

So far I've poured 2,096 candles since I started in May. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jackbenimble said:

Thank you everyone! I actually just came into an electric griddle by accident. Haha! So will try that out. 

Btw- finishing up pouring all my candles for the fall/ holiday shows. ... Or at least the initial pouring. I'm sure I'll be pouring more. 

So far I've poured 2,096 candles since I started in May. 

Thats a lot of candles since May! Lol

Is that for testing and personal use or sales? Way to go

Been using an electric griddle going on 10 yrs now. Works great and I can put several pour pots on it at once. PS the pots don't leave a residue on the griddle but they do dribble wax. But that's okay because my griddle I use is dedicated to my candle making and I don't use it for cooking.

• Like 3