How do you like them apples?

jfear

Greetings Everyone!

I've been testing some apple fragrances for my Fall line; it's only April, I know, but everyday is Halloween for me! Anyway, I was super excited to get Peak's "Warm Apple Pie" and "Caramel Apple"; so, I made some jelly jars with them and, meh. 

I really don't care for either of the cold/hot throws; "caramel apple" smells really artificial to me and "apple pie" is nice, it just doesn't pack the pie punch I am looking for.

I am really on the hunt for great apple bakery fragrances, I would love to hear all of your suggestions!

Thanks!

Edited by jfear
  • Like 1

Barbara CS apple harvest is great - i love the Macintosh too :) haven't tried the Tennessee Dried Apple Wreath though. I did order the VBN + Pumpkin 

pecan waffles - buttercream - this old nice from Tennessee though - I LOVE the VBN - such a beautiful soft scent, I'm buying it right now in a melt.

Any must have from Tennessee ? oh i got the tangerine too but not sure how it'll do in wax though, same goes with the buttercream - maybe as a mixer ?

• Like 1

JS has an apple butter scent called Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter. Its super strong and spicey.

I would find myself an apple pumpkin scent too. FB has a good one.

CS has my fav Macintosh Apple and I second their Apple Harvest for a fall apple scent.

I mix CS macintosh apple with their cinnamon red hots for a cinnamon apple scent.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Candybee said:

JS has an apple butter scent called Nana's Old Fashioned Apple Butter. Its super strong and spicey.

I would find myself an apple pumpkin scent too. FB has a good one.

CS has my fav Macintosh Apple and I second their Apple Harvest for a fall apple scent.

I mix CS macintosh apple with their cinnamon red hots for a cinnamon apple scent.

That sounds amazing, thanks Candybee!

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory
22 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

Is it really time to think about fall?  Wasn't it just Christmas?

Depending on your location, the fall candle season is just 4-5 months away. I can't wrap my brain around the holidays yet.

it takes me months to gather and test new FOs. Jfear is smart to get this done early!

Aztec has an outstanding Baked Apple Pie - works in paraffin and soy. You can actually smell the buttery crust, the green apples, and the cinnamon in it. I rename it Fried Apple Pie because there's a regional favorite restaurant in town that sells all things apple, and one of their specialties is the fried apple pie.

2 hours ago, kandlekrazy said:

Is it really time to think about fall?  Wasn't it just Christmas?

For some, but spooky is year round for me; my candle business is of the horror novelty genre. The actual Halloween Season however is extra busy for me so preparing this early insures that I get everything done! 

Incidentally, I adore Fall fragrances all year and value everyone's favorite picks!

Edited by jfear
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, OldGlory said:

Depending on your location, the fall candle season is just 4-5 months away. I can't wrap my brain around the holidays yet.

it takes me months to gather and test new FOs. Jfear is smart to get this done early!

Aztec has an outstanding Baked Apple Pie - works in paraffin and soy. You can actually smell the buttery crust, the green apples, and the cinnamon in it. I rename it Fried Apple Pie because there's a regional favorite restaurant in town that sells all things apple, and one of their specialties is the fried apple pie.

Thanks OldGlory!

That sounds amazingly descriptive; I will definitely try their version!

• Like 1

Ill have to try Aztec's Baked Apple Pie - sounds wonderful :) Ive never ordered from them - any other must haves for soy ? your right Old Glory, fall is a short 

time away + for me, anyhow, testing testing takes awhile :( fried apple pie ... now that sounds interesting and yummy :) I've always loved eating at local diners

the food is always good and i was raised to always support the small business owner. 

• Like 1

Peaks has an amazing green apple scent that smells just like granny smith apples. It would be great alone for a clean apple scent or blended with other fall scents to create something new. I mix mine with their bartlett pear for a fruity clean scent.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 2

Fall/ Winter are by far my  favorite scents ! For some odd reason Ive never thought about getting the green apple, going on my list. id love to hear about a 

good cider FO ....  i made some melts with Tennessee VBN omg its so, so nice. its not overly yucky sweet .I also got their pumpkin pecan waffle but haven't 

put that in wax yet. but ooh it smells wonderful. btw .... I've been playing around with wax combos for melts + i added some palm wax - not a lot, to the mix 

of pillar + some soy - so far Im really liking it. but i think i read on here palm can morph scents after awhile . i wonder if that'll happen since i added very little

to the mix ? 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1

You are probably referring to what I said about palm. I really don't think you should worry about it. It's not like it happens a lot. It just happens occasionally. I have a whole lot less problems getting FOs to work in my palm than I ever had working with soy. Soy is much more finicky than palm or paraffin waxes.

• Like 1

Can you make them with all palm ? I bought the 5 lb sample size( feather palm )  from fillmore does it matter which one you use ? 

I was amazed at how good the scent throw was with adding so little - after 1 day of making them. I used VBN from Tennessee - LOVE that one :)

4 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Can you make them with all palm ? I bought the 5 lb sample size( feather palm )  from fillmore does it matter which one you use ? 

I was amazed at how good the scent throw was with adding so little - after 1 day of making them. I used VBN from Tennessee - LOVE that one :)

Yes, you can. I used to do straight palm melts with feather palm and they were amazing. I still have some that will blow doors off years later!

A word about Tennessee, I love their oils! Their Buttercream is a must have for me. It's one of the 3 oils I use in my vanilla blend and I accept no substitutes!!! :) Dried Apple Wreath is also very good. I remember it went away for a bit and people were getting twitchy. I love cinnamon/spice/fall scents all year 'round.

Some other good choices for fall are Applejack and Peel (I have Brambleberry's, but I'm sure there are others that are good), Spiced Apples and Peaches (think mine is Candlewic?), Leaves (Just Scent) and Harvest Moon (Peak)

• Like 2