Omg--the Perfect Color Red!!!

I just got my Pryme colors today. I decided to try red out tonight. I love to make red candles and frost has always been an issue for me with other dyes and not being able to get a true red. I just unmolded 8 red votives scent MacApple and they look perfect! I am now going to patiently wait and see if they start to frost in the next few days. I am going to post the pic shortly if I can get the pic resized.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will keep you all posted! I am hoping this will be my answer to coloring soy. My customers have not complained about the plain ivory color but it is so boring!! I think adding a little color will liven up the sales a bit! I am going to try my container wax this weekend. I will post those later this weekend.

I ordered some and they are on their way. If I ever get them. It's been 2 weeks now. I have found Barnloft is very hard to get a hold of too.

I'm looking forward to trying the frostop and pryme colors. Red is one I ordered too.

Don't ya love those colors?? :D I just got some more from Daph and am so excited to test them all. I LOVE the black and green and my patchouli customers are so happy to finally have the true black instead of charcoal grey!!

I order some of this dye yesterday but I sure hope it don't take 2 weeks to get here. I don't normally add any color to my candles but bought some jars that have white engraveing on them and the engraveing don't show up real well with a white candle. Anyone use this candle dye in Nature wax by cargil? Just wondering how well it did? TIA Cindy/WI
I ordered some and they are on their way. If I ever get them. It's been 2 weeks now. I have found Barnloft is very hard to get a hold of too.

I'm looking forward to trying the frostop and pryme colors. Red is one I ordered too.

They are a BEAUTIFUL red (I have problems too w/ red)!!

Not to steal the thread but how is their BROWN?? :undecided that's another REAL tough one for me, it always looks nasty no matter what I add to it. I read that the liquid dyes frost easier than chips. So I can't wait to see your results.

Also wondering does your soy blend have paraffin in it?

Just so you know the ReddigGlo soy color chips from CandleScience work very well also. If you are having trouble with the service from the other place you might want to give those a shot as well. We had great luck with them and the service at Candlescience is second to none!

Hope that helps!!

Mark

I just got the Prime Colors in the other day and well I don't know... First I don't get why you have to weigh instead of counting drops. I am not buying another scale, drops are good enough for me. Got the black out to make some raisin imbeds, Clean wax. 8 drops in 8 oz wax barely did a thing, doesn't seem that concentrated to me, at this rate it would have taken 30 drops or more. Got out KY's black chips and added several, very dark. Then I tried yellow, making Grapefruit Sage so I wanted a light yellow. 3 drops in 4lbs of wax and you can not tell I added any color. I use Rustic Essentials liquid dyes and would have used 2 drops and it would have had a yellow tinge to it. I don't like squirt tops for liquid dyes, JMO. How many drops are you putting in to get a dark red, approx. To get a good red I use the chips from KY and they really work great. The only thing about chips is it's hard to get the exact color every time. If they came in uniform shapes like maybe the pellets some wax comes in that would be great. Since I can't picture grams compared to drops could some one please give me an estimate.

Still want to get the light colors in this dye since someone said they are beautiful. But how many drops will it take to color one lb of wax to a nice soft pastel?