Just got back from a trip to Peaks and Fillmore!

Candybee

From Peaks I got:

For my holiday/fall candles:

Cinnamon & Balsam - can't wait to put this in wax! Outstanding balsam with just the right amount of cinnamon spice, the fresh green balsam scent is perfection with the cinnamon notes

Gingerbread Cookies - Smells spot on! I know because I just ate a whole box of gingerbread cookies last week. The scent has a slight burnt note in it but to me it makes it smell more authentic-- like cookies that just finished baking in the oven.

Home for the Holidays - I forgot how much I loved this scent! It just screams holiday, thanksgiving and christmas. Scent is hard to describe

Sugar Cookie - never used their sugar cookie before. OOB it smells very nice with strong notes of sugar and butter

and got a sample of Cinnamon Apple Cider - this smells so nice I could kick myself for not going back into the warehouse to ask for a lb bottle of it before I left to go to Fillmore in Lancaster. It smells like the real deal. I know because I polished off a quart of apple cider with the gingerbread cookies last week. The only difference is the cinnamon notes in the FO. Lovely!! I must have this!!

For my soap making:

Bartlett Pear - I found it! The perfect pear scent! OMG I love this. Fresh, and fruity, and tart pear. Perfect for soaping. Just hope it doesn't A&D

Green Apple Essence - I wanted this to pair with the bartlett pear. I plan to blend them together for a shampoo soap I make so I have a green apple pear scented soap. This one you can really smell the green apple, a granny smith apple. But it also has other notes in it that tone down the tartness to give it a sweetness and a hint of floral. Perfect for soaping. Can't wait to CP this combo!

Fruit Slices - JCandleattic told me about this one and sent me a soap of hers with this fragrance. I loved it so much I use it for a permanent shampoo soap bar scent. Very fresh and fruity. That's what I call the soap; "Fresh & Fruity". Its already turning into a big seller for me!!

After I hit Peaks I went east to Lancaster to get some lids for my mason jars and more FOs for soap and candles.

For Candles:

Cedar Garland - This one is always a customer favorite! I have used it in M&P soap too but haven't CP'd so I may give it a try it smells so good. Nice combo of powdery sweet sandalwood and fresh cedarwood.

Christmas Tree - The best CT out there IMO!! Its a combo of evergreens with a strong balsam. Makes the perfect CT fragrance. Once I found this I stopped looking!

Cinnamon Stick - I needed a straight cinnamon so I am gonna gives theirs a try this year. Smells just like cinnamon EO. Not the candy stuff but there is just enough sweetness in it which is exactly what I want.

Cranberry Citrus - I smell more citrus than cranberry but the berry scent I smell is very sweet and tart. Kind of like lemons, oranges, clementines, and cranberries. Very nice! I liked it more than their cranberry plum which was too sweet to me. I wanted a more tart cranberry citrus. This works!

Nutmeg Ginger - this one has been discussed here alot. Its absolutely divine spicy scent with homemade cookies baking in the oven notes mixed in. Not sure what I want to name it yet but the name nutmeg ginger doesn't give it justice!

Pumpkin Souffle - I think I like CS version a bit better but this one is so close I bought a lb as it always sells out at each craft show. I also smelled the pumpkin spice chutney for comparison and decided I liked the pumpkin souffle better!!

For soaping I picked up a lb of Amber Romance. It smelled soooooo good OOB I had to have it. I have a feeling it will discolor but I don't care. Its divinely feminine and a lovely scent.

Other scents I sniffed but didn't get:

Mountain Leaves - really smelled like a walk in the woods. Notes of woods and pine, sandalwood, patchouli. Divine! If you are looking for a leaf scent that smells like a walk in the woods I highly recommend this one! Earthy, woodsy, you can picture the fallen leaves on the ground being surrounded by a forest and maybe some mushrooms around the corner...

Cedar & Safron - I literally yelled out damn that smells good when I opened the sample bottle to sniff it in their showroom. The receptionist looked up and smiled. Another one I don't know how to describe. It reminds me of something you would find at the old Moonworks before she closed. Sophisticated, sultry, spicy, earthy. It reminded me of the cedar garland to I sniffed them together. They are different but yet similar. Again I don't know how to describe but it obviously has the same cedar notes in it as the cedar garland but mixed with spicy fragrant saffron. This one would be good as a soap or candle scent.

Mulberry Bush - 100% sweet mulberry! This would be great straight or as a mixer for the holidays. I am growing to love mulberry better than other berry scents.

Gingerbread - this one smelled off to me. Like gingerbread spices cooked into paperback books. IDK. I didn't really care for it and I already had Peaks GC so I scratched this one.

Skittles - don't laugh.. I actually liked this one. It smelled delightful and just like a box of the candy only better. I can picture this as a good summer candle scent or a nice fruity soap scent.

Ameretto Tiramiso - This smelled pretty darn good and pretty close to the real thing. But it wasn't on my list so I didn't get it. But if I needed an interesting dessert scented type candle this would make a lovely one!

Creamy Chai Latte - Now this one was really nice fragrance. You can smell a lot of thick cream and all those chai spices. This one would be a keeper but I didn't need a drink scent.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 5

Oh my goodness! Just green with envy here! LOL!

I love Nutmeg Ginger and also warm vanilla caramel from Fillmore. I have pumpkin spice chutney (I think is the name) but it doesn't throw for me at all. Love their Christmas tree too. I may have to try Cedar Garland and Amaretto Tiramisu though. Those sound good!

You are welcome! One of the benefits of being able to go to the supplier is always sniffing the sample FOs!

Belinda you won't be disappointed with the Cedar Garland! It's strong in palm, soy, and paraffin and wonderful in M&P soap! I didn't get the Amaretto Tiramisu but OOB it was lovely enough I would not hesitate to try it out.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the reviews! I LOVED reading them! You are so good at describing scents. I stink at that! Lol all I can usually come up with is yes I love it or no it don't smell good. Hence the reason I don't give reviews!! Lol!! Now, I'm thinking...hmmm should I order from Peaks? I've only ordered once from there and it was quite a while ago. I definetly would like to just to support them cause I sure appreciate CT! And I would love a few new Christmas scents! I would love to find a Balsm scent so the one you mentioned sounds great! Also, have yet to find a yummy gingerbread scent. I can remember when I was little and my Grandma would make these the smell of coming in from playing outside and getting the wonderful aroma of her gingerbread cookies was the best ever! Maybe this "the one" :) Cinnamon Apple Cider sounds nice! I laughed at your comment of polishing of some with your cookies! :) I probably should do a search for a few more from Peaks. Ya know, only 5 wouldn't be worth shipping. That's how I rationalize ordering more :) if only all these guys could just all hook up in one place and we could only have to pay shipping from one place! How sweet that would be! :) :) :)

• Like 1

I've been buying FOs and other supplies from Peaks going on 10 yrs now. They have great products and service and just about every FO I have used from them rocks. I quit buying from them for a while when I started using more and more of CS FOs because of the price and super fast shipping within 24 hrs. But CS has changed since they moved into a larger warehouse and opened another distribution center and so I am looking back at Peaks and starting to retry their oils again. I forgot how much I like many of them. Since they opened a distribution warehouse in PA it makes more sense for me to buy from them as I can drive out there in about 2 and 1/2 hrs to pick up. Its actually cheaper for me in gas than have them ship.

Sounds like you had a real good time Candybee! Good for you! I have several of those fragrances from Fillmore which I just love and see from some of your descriptions that I need to try a couple from both suppliers that I've never tried before. Thanks for the reviews! Love reading what other folks think about scents. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

Candybee- did you have the opportunity to smell the 2 new FO Cranberry Oak & Vanilla Chai?

I got the email about the Cranberry Oak and Vanilla Chai the very next day!!! I was also peeved that the wax I bought was on sale for 20% off 24 hrs later after my trip!! Dang-- timing can suck!! So the short answer is no, I didn't know they had those new oils and I really would have liked a sample of the cranberry oak at the very least!!

Edited by Candybee

Well, I placed my order this morning at Fillmore and in addition to ordering the tried and true Christmas Tree, Cocoa Therapy and Creamy Chai Latte, I also ordered the Cranberry Citrus! Yea!! I can't wait to smell and if I need to, I will add a touch of TCS Spiced Cranberry to even the scent out maybe, but I just might love it the way it is, so we'll see. :) Did you see their 7.5 oz frosted jars? I ordered a case of those too w/the matching matte lids...seems people really love the frosted jars at Christmas time and I do too! Ordered a couple of cases of their thumbprint jars too...they make such a huge statement and paired with kraft labels on the side and on top of the jar they are just so cute! :)

Candybee, I'm curious ...how far away (time & distance ) is Peak from Fillmore. I visit Fillmore and would love to check out Peaks place.

I went to Peaks in Mechanicsburg, PA first, then on to Fillmore In Lancaster, PA. I used highway PA 283 to get to Lancaster so it was about 56 miles and about a hours drive for me. I advise you to use a good GPS navigation system unless you are good with maps or Google maps. I used a google map and it was confusing but now that I have been there it will be much easier next trip.

BTW-- I am going again in a day or 2.

MY big sellers in this order were:

Christmas Tree

Home for the Holidays (renamed Holiday Gathering)

Cedar Garland

Nutmeg & Ginger (renamed Warm Autumn Spice)

The gingerbread cookies, sugar cookie, cinnamon balsam, cinnamon stick barely sold. But then this past weekend was when I debuted these particular scents. I am going to get CS cinnamon as it performs better in my palm. The others I will see if they start selling as Christmas get closer. I have only done one show with these new scents so its not possible to gauge what will end up selling the most overall this season. But early indications are the 4 scents mentioned above, Chrstmas Tree, et. al. will be sellers at all my shows.

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...