shipping charges are crazy at REAH!

Dana

I WAS placing an order for 1-7lb oil and 1-16oz. oil and shipping was going to be over $22! I am only 2 states away from REAH. Think they are making any money off the shipping charges?? Well, they just lost me as a customer.

Give them a call. The 7 lb containers are big and need a certain dimension box to package safely and within the DOT regs for shipment. Once out of the special rate dimension boxes the USPS and UPS rates are crazy.

You may be able to order seven 1-lb bottles of the FO along with the one single lb of the other and fit into a better dimension package, like USPS flat or regional rate. Well, that is unless the flash point of the FO requires it to travel by ground.

AHRE is one vendor that has refunded shipping overages to me in the recent past without my even asking. They are great to work with.

I was needing to order wax and put what I needed in several suppliers carts and Candle Science had the cheapest shipping for me but the only problem was they were going to ship one wax I needed from one warehouse and the other from their other warehouse and the shipping would be double. So I went with Peak. Even though they are in Colorado and I'm in Texas, their shipping was about the same as Lone Star for me. I was buying wax at BCS because they were just an hour away but now they've gone out of business. Lonestar is about 3-4 hours away so maybe one day I'll drive up there and get a ton of wax and not have to pay any shipping at all!

• Like 2

Both AHRE and The Chemistry Store have per-order handling charges. AHRE is $2 and The Chemistry Store is $3.50. I don't remember ever seeing a separate item on the invoice from either one, so I assume they are rolling it into the shipping charge. A bit deceitful, as it allows them to artificially price their products slightly cheaper than competitors, but I think it's their way of adjusting for the cost of packaging small orders (no $100 minimum, but if you place a tiny order, they hit you with the same packaging costs (labels, tape, labor, etc.) as someone who places larger orders.