Berts...Redwood & Cedar...Duped by Tennessee

8-GRAN-ONES

Just wanted to mention that I made tarts using Redwood & Cedar. I really like it. Noticed it is very similar to Fillmore's Cedar Garland. Won't be needing both in my line up. I'm going to burn and see which one I like better.

Edited by ktaggard
  • Like 1

I must be the odd one here! Although ht and ct are good, I just don't care for it much. But then again I'm all about bakery scents lol! Hoping it sells well or I'll just have to see if anyone would like it :) :)

Hey Girl! Take a look at the neat scent blending wheel that Jcandleattic put up.  If you have Christmas Tree or some Fir, I would try blending with that. You just might have a Christmas hit there!  As a matter of fact...I think I will try that blend too!

• Like 1

I must be the odd one here! Although ht and ct are good, I just don't care for it much. But then again I'm all about bakery scents lol! Hoping it sells well or I'll just have to see if anyone would like it :) :)

I'm kinda in the same boat Daisymay. Not sure what to think of it - but it needs "something". Maybe it is power of suggestion, but all I smell is soap. I'll make something small and see how people like it before I jump in. :unsure:

But a couple of the other 19 samples I bought keep me opening the bottle for another sniff.

This Old House - reminds me of walking through a really old Victorian home where the tapestries, stained wood floors, lingering candle smells all jumble into that smell you can't put your finger tip on. The description did not do it justice :D Can't wait to warm this and see where it goes.

Thinking the Maple Toddy mixed with CS WHiskey is worth a shot.

I'm kinda in the same boat Daisymay. Not sure what to think of it - but it needs "something". Maybe it is power of suggestion, but all I smell is soap. I'll make something small and see how people like it before I jump in. :unsure:

But a couple of the other 19 samples I bought keep me opening the bottle for another sniff.

This Old House - reminds me of walking through a really old Victorian home where the tapestries, stained wood floors, lingering candle smells all jumble into that smell you can't put your finger tip on. The description did not do it justice :D Can't wait to warm this and see where it goes.

Maple Toddy and Whiskey as a blend?  Hmmmmm.....now that sounds like a winner to me!

Trappeur

Maple Toddy and Whiskey as a blend?  Hmmmmm.....now that sounds like a winner to me!

Trappeur

just tried it 2:1 Maple Toddy and WHiskey. Still too much whiskey.

Added 1 more hot toddy and 1 vanilla oak.

A little tobacco and I think we have something gooood.

• Like 1

Do you like that hot toddy? I bought a big bottle thinking it'd be a good seller but not so much :(

It's not very strongly scented. I expected more "something", maple maybe. I hoped blending it may bring that something, but still searching. I won't be buying that one in a bigger size either.

I have only used my Redwood Cedar for soap here are some mixing suggestions

I have mixed it half and half with Lavender

I have mixed 3 parts Redwood Cedar with 1 part Patchouli

I have mixed it half and half with Satsuma Orange

I did a blend with Redwood Cedar, Ocean, and Jasmine

I am sure you can mix it with spicey scents like Black Peppercorn, Clove, Gimger and Cardamon

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This old house is wonderful!

The description being more foody I didn't think I would like it but it does not smell like food at all- I get more wood and like the description you perfectly put!

• Like 1