Leather and Whiskey have arrived at Candle Science

puma52

You know Puma, I ordered Barn wood from Aztec and it smells so realistic.....maybe something like that?  I don't know...

Well how about some whiskey, leather, and maybe some vanilla to soften it or even vanilla lace (or maybe some rice flower and shea) and maybe some caramel tobacco....Now my envision of a down to earth real man is "Tom Selleck"...ruggedly handsome good looks, man does he fill out those leather chaps in all the right places as in Quiggly Down Under!......  And what a chest under that flannel shirt.....woo....hooo!  I could just smell his manly sweat of working all day punching cows and coming home, stepping down off his horse after he has been sitting in his well broken leather saddle and then coming through the door and sitting down in his favorite rocker in front of the hearth having a whiskey as he lights up a pipe and settles in for the evening....Now that's a real Marlboro Man....

Trappeur

• Like 3

Trap, i am fanning myself after that description.

Pipe smoke would be a perfect add.

Puma, though not a single note oak, i love vanilla oak. It is what i imagine the inside of a whiskey barrel to smell like.

Without smelling each of the new fo's it's hard to think about proportions or other notes to add.

I don't need anything from CS right now, but am almost, almost intrigued enough to place a tiny order. :D

• Like 1

You know Puma, I ordered Barn wood from Aztec and it smells so realistic.....maybe something like that?  I don't know...

Well how about some whiskey, leather, and maybe some vanilla to soften it or even vanilla lace (or maybe some rice flower and shea) and maybe some caramel tobacco....Now my envision of a down to earth real man is "Tom Selleck"...ruggedly handsome good looks, man does he fill out those leather chaps in all the right places as in Quiggly Down Under!......  And what a chest under that flannel shirt.....woo....hooo!  I could just smell his manly sweat of working all day punching cows and coming home, stepping down off his horse after he has been sitting in his well broken leather saddle and then coming through the door and sitting down in his favorite rocker in front of the hearth having a whiskey as he lights up a pipe and settles in for the evening....Now that's a real Marlboro Man....

Trappeur

What an awesome description girl! Whew!! You need to write a book....make it a western love story will ya? Love your ideas for the blends thanks bunches Trappeur! :)

Trap, i am fanning myself after that description.

Pipe smoke would be a perfect add.

Puma, though not a single note oak, i love vanilla oak. It is what i imagine the inside of a whiskey barrel to smell like.

Without smelling each of the new fo's it's hard to think about proportions or other notes to add.

I don't need anything from CS right now, but am almost, almost intrigued enough to place a tiny order. :D

Thanks for the great ideas Tall Tayl!! Wow, what awesome ideas! Come on Friday! :)

What an awesome description girl! Whew!! You need to write a book....make it a western love story will ya? Love your ideas for the blends thanks bunches Trappeur! :)

lol, lol, I never talk like that...I don't know what got into me.....lol....glad you got a laugh out of it.

Trappeur

• Like 1

Trappeur

Hey Trappeur, that Barn Wood sounds wonderful! I feel like I really need to order this scent. I was extremely happy with the Tobacco. Have you blended it with anything? It sounds like it would be an awesome blender!  I love these new scents that our suppliers are coming out with. :)

Edited by puma52

OK....I got my order.....Leather....hmmm I just do not know about this one....the jury is out until I pour....I smell leather and other notes in there...but not that kick butt awesome leather smell.... I STILL love the Leather from Texas Candle Supply and am so thankful I have a perfect leather to go back to if this one does not smell the way I want it to once poured.....thanks Belinda for your guidance to TCS!! :) Whiskey......OH MY GOODNESS....it IS STRONG.....I swear....I could get absolutely drunk just smelling this...literally!! :) Straight whiskey out of the barrel!  I got a couple of other new ones along with the regular oldie but goodies. Mango & Tangerine.....it smells good....it will be a real nice addition, Nag Champa....shew...jury is OUT on this one...but I suppose there is some hippy out there that would go crazy for this stuff...   I got a 1 oz sample so I may just make to see what i think, Mint Mojito....this is supposed to be a drink too and it smells nice...will be interested to see how it smells in wax, Caramel Popcorn....LOVE THIS ONE! Smells so true! The regulars which I love..Hansel & Gretel's House, Cmas Hearth, Pump Souffle, Pump Pie, Cranberry Marmalade, Mistletoe, and Brandied Pear......ALL AWESOME! :) Anyone else order Leather or Whiskey? What do YOU think? :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 2

Leather is a hard one... I love the english saddle leather. Most are either black biker jacket or western saddle. All are so different.

Their Nag is just OK. Not great - with a low usage rate in soap IIRC.

Can't WAIT to smell whiskey. I broke down and bought some a few days ago. Y'all are enablers.

Mojito - was meh OOB to me. I;d rather mix a little mint, basil and litsea cubeba with maybe a little sugarcane.

• Like 1

Leather is a hard one... I love the english saddle leather. Most are either black biker jacket or western saddle. All are so different.

Their Nag is just OK. Not great - with a low usage rate in soap IIRC.

Can't WAIT to smell whiskey. I broke down and bought some a few days ago. Y'all are enablers.

Mojito - was meh OOB to me. I;d rather mix a little mint, basil and litsea cubeba with maybe a little sugarcane.

Ha! I can't wait to hear what you think of it TallTayl!  When I was looking for leather , I just knew what I wanted it to smell like and I was just so tickled when I opened the bottle from TCS. Who knows ....maybe this is a sleeper in the bottle , but comes alive in wax...I am hopeful. This could be very interesting especially mixing it with the whiskey! :)

• Like 1

I use the Nag Champa from WSP and have a customer that loves it.  Said it was the best she had bought.  Buys it often in votives.

Have you ever mixed it with anything Grama? I wonder if Patchouli would be a good blender with it. I do not have a clue.  :confused: 

Oh my gracious folks!!! I have done run myself out of the Candle Cave....shew!!!!! That Whiskey is STRONG and I just poured the Leather too. The Leather has notes in it that the TCS does not have and I REALLY believe that they would greatly compliment each other as a blend.  I really like both of them. I am making chunky melting tarts today so what I think I am going to do is after they are done cooling so I can cut them up into chunks....with the Whiskey chunks I am going to do an over pour of a blend of Green Apple and McIntosh Apple and call it Whiskey Barrel & Apples. The Leather....what do you guys think of this name....Leather, Whiskey & me??!! :laugh2::biggrin: JUST KIDDING GUYS....JUST KIDDING! HEE HEE....Anyhow ....I am thinking of doing an over pour of a blend of Tobacco and a touch of Mountain Leaves...maybe a touch of dirt....I am thinking of still calling it Leather & Tobacco or maybe call it Stampede (Thanks TallTayl!)... besides we do have a show called Dixie Stampede here in our area.  I still like the Leather from Texas Candle Supply better and will probably from now on when I pour the scent Leather...do my blend from BOTH TCS and CS...it will be a blend from the best of both worlds ! :) 

• Like 3

You really like CS leather as much as TCS? Oh no! I'm in trouble then for sure! LOL! I guess I'll have to try it since it's probably my biggest seller. Also, not to give you another reason to order even another leather but the one from the candle source smells different than TCS leather. It's a got a little bit of a sweeter smell but it does smell good! In fact, two people that I held up their leather and Texas candle supply leather picked the candle source. I'm the one that liked the one from Texas candle supply! Hmmmm, maybe a blend of all three! LOL!

You really like CS leather as much as TCS? Oh no! I'm in trouble then for sure! LOL! I guess I'll have to try it since it's probably my biggest seller. Also, not to give you another reason to order even another leather but the one from the candle source smells different than TCS leather. It's a got a little bit of a sweeter smell but it does smell good! In fact, two people that I held up their leather and Texas candle supply leather picked the candle source. I'm the one that liked the one from Texas candle supply! Hmmmm, maybe a blend of all three! LOL!

Hi Belinda!

I like CS Leather BUT I like the Texas Candle Supply better....if I had to choose one it would be TCS...hands down. Thanks to you! :)  But I decided to maybe start blending the two to make my leather. They both have wonderful notes. Oh my a THREE leather blend...wow...that would be awesome girl! :)

Allrighty, mine arrived with today's mail. I smelled each after a super long outdoor work day, so my opinions may change. Probably a lot.

Whiskey. I get tons of alcohol, and not a lot of nuances OOB. I will do a blotter test to see what it is like after a dry down, but first thought, it needs a lot more to be a desirable scent in candles and soap. Thinking Vanilla Oak would be a good start. It needs grounding and depth to get past the pure alcohol. Maybe apple and cinnamon for a Fire Cider. Turning to drink recipes, a Rob Roy or Hot Toddy has promise. Whiskey is apparently hot with milennials. Who knew? I have a couple weeks left at the big faire where the patrons are a great test market.

Leather. Hmm. Reminds me of Argentine saddle leather. Not great. It will be best as a blender. I have other leathers i prefer, so i don't think i'll buy more than the 1oz in this box.

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to share this. I made these chunk tarts using Whiskey chunks and a 50/50 blend of MacApple and Green Apple. I am getting EXCELLENT feedback on this scent blend! There is one customer that says she just LOVES it.  Just throwing ideas out there folks. :) The darker chunk tart is the chunks are Whiskey and Leather overpoured with a blend of Dirt, Mountain Leaves, Tobacco, a dash of cucumber (for that rodeo fresh sawdust smell) and I think that is all thinking from the top of my head....love this one too! :)   

post-7843-0-83483900-1442068472_thumb.jp

Edited by puma52
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

Yes, thanks for sharing, puma52!  I also tried a mix... of 3 parts Macapple to 1 part Whiskey (wax melt) ..very nice and sweet and I can't smell the whiskey, really. Not sure about the ratio. I did not like the Whiskey at all by itself (and does not smell good oob, to me!) but it seems to be a great blender!

Edited by maryta
  • Like 1