Leather and Whiskey have arrived at Candle Science

puma52

I do plan to try them both. Leather alone does not sell, but as a component to a special blend for my faire it is a best seller.

Have been looking for a whiskey flavor, but the scent may work well into another blend!

Looking for a good rum flavor and scent. Not Bay Rum, i have that, but a straight rum.

• Like 1

Well, I placed my order for the Leather and Whiskey along with several regulars that I need anyhow....SO we'll see....I am hopeful and excited!  I sure hope the new scents knock my socks off. I should get delivery Friday, so I will do an OO the bottle sniffie review. I am planning on making tarts this weekend with this blend. :)

Question for you fellow blenders....any ideas of maybe just ONE more scent to blend with the Leather and Whiskey duo? Maybe the Asian Amber from Peak? Egyptian Musk from Sweetcakes?  Or what would YOU blend with just the Whiskey or just the Leather? I LOVED the blend that I did a month or so ago with the Leather from Texas Candle Supply and the Tobacco from Aztec....that was wonderful.  What do you guys think? Any ideas welcome! :)

• Like 2

I do plan to try them both. Leather alone does not sell, but as a component to a special blend for my faire it is a best seller.

Have been looking for a whiskey flavor, but the scent may work well into another blend!

Looking for a good rum flavor and scent. Not Bay Rum, i have that, but a straight rum.

I really like their Apples & Maple Bourbon....you can really smell the Bourbon, so I hope that their company blender has a real winner with both of these. :)

• Like 1

Off the top of my stuffy summer head cold mind, i "smell" some wood essence, maybe an oak. Or maybe a corn bread. Oh oh oh bonfire bliss! Sitting around a camp fire after a long day of running the herd. Some dirt and dry grass would create a full picture.

Your musk note added subtly would be interesting too, making it a sexy cowboy element.

Got my email about it. Not sure I am all that interested. Can't give away leather scented products here and don't really want a whiskey soap... but the blend might make a nice candle.

I am planning on finding out this weekend. Any ideas on renaming? You are a great scent idea creator! I just don't know if Leather & Whiskey would sell that great with that name or maybe it would....any ideas appreciated. Dark Leather? hmmm ...help! :)

Off the top of my stuffy summer head cold mind, i "smell" some wood essence, maybe an oak. Or maybe a corn bread. Oh oh oh bonfire bliss! Sitting around a camp fire after a long day of running the herd. Some dirt and dry grass would create a full picture.

Your musk note added subtly would be interesting too, making it a sexy cowboy element.

Well....I do have Dirt and Fresh Cut Grass and I have New Mown Hay (LOVE!) from Sweetcakes. Great ideas TallTayl! Keep 'em coming please. :) I also have Oak Moss and Mountain Leaves from Fillmore...

Edited by puma52

Sexy Cowboy.

Rambling Man

Western Dream

Real Men Wear Flannel

Happy Trails

Stampede

Stagecoach Bandit

Hmmmm since I live here at the Smoky Mountains.....maybe Sexy Mountain Man! Somehow, I just cannot picture  a sexy mountain man. :laugh2:

• Like 2

I like Stampede too! Thanks Y'all. Hey I am getting my Western down...getting ready for my order! :biggrin:

I cannot wait to read your review!!!!!

With the flannel one, you could do a feminine companion. Whiskey and lace. Package all cutely and they will fly off your shelves.

• Like 1

With the flannel one, you could do a feminine companion. Whiskey and lace. Package all cutely and they will fly off your shelves.

Oh..... I LIKE! What a fabulous idea! :) Thank you! :)

• Like 1

So what scent would you use for the lace? Vanilla? or what?

So what scent would you use for the lace? Vanilla? or what?

Violet?

Lily of the valley?

Opium? (Not the opium perfume, but an opium essence)

Poppies?

Labdanum?

Benzoin (for a little sweetness)

Vanilla, just a touch, so it does not discolor f making it into soap or creams.

My mind keeps leading me toward of something feminine that a woman of the 1800's would wear. It will be easier to imagine once i smell them.

• Like 1

Well, I placed my order for the Leather and Whiskey along with several regulars that I need anyhow....SO we'll see....I am hopeful and excited!  I sure hope the new scents knock my socks off. I should get delivery Friday, so I will do an OO the bottle sniffie review. I am planning on making tarts this weekend with this blend. :)

Question for you fellow blenders....any ideas of maybe just ONE more scent to blend with the Leather and Whiskey duo? Maybe the Asian Amber from Peak? Egyptian Musk from Sweetcakes?  Or what would YOU blend with just the Whiskey or just the Leather? I LOVED the blend that I did a month or so ago with the Leather from Texas Candle Supply and the Tobacco from Aztec....that was wonderful.  What do you guys think? Any ideas welcome! :)

Hey Puma!

Sounds like a winner to me with those 2 together.  How bout a little vanilla in it?  Just a thought.  You can't miss with Candle Science oils....they are awesome...

So now.......what are you going to name a combo like that?

Trappeur

Sexy Cowboy.

Rambling Man

Western Dream

Real Men Wear Flannel

Happy Trails

Stampede

Stagecoach Bandit

Sexy Cowboy.

Rambling Man

Western Dream

Real Men Wear Flannel

Happy Trails

Stampede

Stagecoach Bandit

Dang Tall Tayle!  I'm coming to you for western names for another account I'm working on that is western.....Awesome names!

Trappeur

• Like 3

Geesh, I got that email from Candle Science and turned my nose up at it.....but i'm going to change after reading these posts....Geesh, i wonder how that would do in the Apple orchard account I have, they have been selling Tobacco Barn terrificly...hmmmm...

So how would you do a blend using these 2 fragrances and maybe some vanilla?  What ratio do you suggest?

Trappeur

OK..... so I am thinking of a cowboy man/cowgirl woman blend and am now thinking of another scent blend maybe. In our area Cantilever Barns are very popular. What Oak scent would you think of blending w/this to create a barn scent? Oakmoss? or is there a more richer, more woody oak scent out there to blend with this? Other ideas for the Cantilever Barn blend?  Thanks bunches! Oh...I love talking about these scents....wish I was off work today, but duty calls! Gotta go...can't wait to see other ideas for blends! You all have a great day...join ya tonight! :)