Best Pumpkin Spice FO?

jfear

I'm going to throw another pumpkin out there--I love AH's Butternut Pumpkin.  It's a sweet pumpkin with plenty of spice and a little something extra. 

For Halloween I love NG's Tricks or Treats.  It is quite sweet.  If you remember Candle Science's Spiced Wassail, it is smells very similar.  Strong throw too! 

• Like 6

Candybee, what do you call your combination? Pumpkin Pie?

Trappeur

Pumpkin Spice? shoot, the candles are packed on the bottom of my car trunk otherwise I would look see what I named them. But I am pretty certain that's what I call them.

I wanted to call them "Pumpkin Patch" but opted for a name with 'spice' in it instead. But I like the name Pumpkin Patch.

Leah-- I think someone else also gave the Butternut Pumpkin a good review and reco. Jack be nimble? I think. Anyway, its sounds good. I may have to try that one too but only if its body safe. My FOs have to do double duty; candles and soap.

Isn't AH the one that has about a dozen pumpkin scents??!

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

Reading back through this thread I see where I listed Headless Horseman as a good Halloween FO. I did (or do) have one called Headless Horseman (can't remember now where I got it) but the one I was thinking about from ICS and BCN is All Hallows Eve. It smells great to my nose! Maybe ICS carried one called headless horseman at one time but they don't have it anymore that I can see.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions! I have tried a few now and there are two I like the best:

There is actually a supplier on Etsy (ScentConnection) who sells a Pumpkin Pie; I didn't expect much as it comes in a plastic bottle and it's pretty inexpensive but it smells really great and has a super strong hot/cold throw!

My favorite so far is "Pumpkin Souflee" from Fillmore Container. It's heavenly! It's rich with pumpkin, spice, raisins and caramel. It's amazing and captures the essence of Autumn brilliantly!

I have been in the market for a new pumpkin.  Last year I had people saying the Pumpkin Spice I have used for years is too spicy.  After trying a few I am replacing the Pumpkin Spice with ICS's Pumpkin Harvest.  Testers loved it and the one office show I took it to had great sales on it.  I think this will be the favorite this year and I carry 6 pumpkins.

• Like 4

Yes! I mix CS Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Soufle 50/50%.

Does anyone remember a discussion thread from last year where we talked about blending pumpkin scents to get the best pumpkin pie?

I recall I finally found the best pumpkin combo ever. But now I don't quite remember. I think I mixed a blend of the 2 CS pumpkin FOs (mentioned above) with one from AH/RE. If I can find that thread I'll post a link. But I remember there were some awesome pumpkin blends in it!!!

Candybee, if my memory serves me correctly, and sadly, often it does not, I believe it was you who told me about mixing CS Pumpkin Souffle with some Pumpkin Pie FO and a little Cinnamon FO.  I tried that last year and it was very good. 

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On July 18, 2015 at 6:49 PM, Candybee said:

Shoot. It wouldn't let me copy and paste it here. But if you look on post #90 that is the 'best pumpkin' combo I discovered.

30% CS Pumpkin Pie

30% CS Pumpkin Soufle

40% AH Pumpkin Pie

When you read through that discussion thread keep a notebook and pencil handy to copy down some of the awesome combo blends! That discussion should be in the pumpkin hall of fame! LOL

Hi Candybee!

Perusing through old threads and I want to try this formula. CS is Candlescience but who is AH? 

Thank you!

• Like 2

Candybee I remembering you asking about a few FO from fillmore. I received a few more yesterday so these are just oob reviews. orange pekoe tea - i can't get

over how much it smells like the tea, not super strong but VERY nice. butterscotch brûlée was too sweet for my liking but again, very nice + you can really smell 

the caramel . olive tree - i don't smell the citrus oob as its described but that could change in wax - smells herbal to my nose. oatmeal raisin cookie - to me the

apple note is quite strong for an oatmeal cookie - it does smell good though - more like an applesauce cake oob - tiramisu - smelsl very good - you can really 

smell the amaretto right off the bat. mulberry - idk I'm just not to crazy about it oob but again my opinion might change once i put it in wax.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Candybee said:

If you try the blend you won't be sorry.

Awesome!

I had not realized that Rustic Escentuals has so many Pumpkin FOs! I'll be ordering the Pumpkin Pie and the others from CS, excited about this blend.

I had previously ordered 6 of Just Scents' pumpkins. Only ONE smells really great OOB/cold throw, Frosted Pumpkin. However, it has virtually NO hot throw, nothing. I was SO disappointed so I am kind of done with them. 

Thanks again Candybee!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Moonstar said:

jfear in case you didn't see there are 2 different pumpkin pies on there .... candybee said its the pumpkin spice one you'll  need for the blend :) 

Yes. That's the one. I originally got it to make soap with it. I ended up using it to make pumpkin scented candles. I didn't have enough so that's how I tossed in the other two pumpkin FOs I had (CS pumpkin pie & pumpkin souffle) together and ended up with the best pumpkin scent I ever smelled.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2016 at 5:16 PM, Candybee said:

Yes. That's the one. I originally got it to make soap with it. I ended up using it to make pumpkin scented candles. I didn't have enough so that's how I tossed in the other two pumpkin FOs I had (CS pumpkin pie & pumpkin souffle) together and ended up with the best pumpkin scent I ever smelled.

Candybee, The Pumpkin Gods have sang and this blend is amazing! Thank you for sharing! 

"Pumpkin Souflee" from CS is actually almost identical to Fillmore's, which had always been my favorite, so anything mixed with it is going to be good!

The spices from the two other FOs really round out the souflee to a gorgeous spicy, nutty and creamy pumpkin blend. I cured the FO over the weekend and added it to wax this morning. Can't wait to test burn!

This was actually my first order from Rustic Escentuals; I am beyond impressed! All of their pumpkins are REALLY great as stand alones. "Pumpkin Creme Brulee" and "Pumpkin Bread" are stellar. 

Thanks again for your suggestions! 

• Like 3

I'll be placing my first order with Rustic Essentuals as well, so Im super excited ! Any opinions out there on any any good fall/ holiday FO

i test them over the summer since it takes me awhile :( jfear please let us know after you burn your tester. one question, you mention that

you cure your FO blend, do you do that with all blends .... so 2-3 days is sufficient for that ? the Pumpkin bread sounds really good ! 

Someone noted on here to try the plumberry spice .... sounds really good . I want to try the rustic lodge too :) 

• Like 1

Moonstar when you blend your own FOs it helps to let them sit for a while. It helps to fuse the notes and mellow the scent. Reminds me of when you let a freshly made potato salad or cole slaw sit in the fridge overnight. It just tastes better the next day as the spices and ingredients blend together. Sorry about the poor analogy but I think you get the picture.

• Like 2

PERFECT analogy ! Come to think of it, a few weeks back I mixed some BB oatmeal milk + honey i had left - about 2 oz maybe with a 3 capfuls of CS Macintosh

wow it smelt amazing + but wondered if I added too much apple .... two days ago i smelled the bottle + the apple is much softer, so I think I'll add some more.

i just love the oat smell with the apple :)

On 5/3/2016 at 8:38 PM, jfear said:

Candybee, The Pumpkin Gods have sang and this blend is amazing! Thank you for sharing! 

"Pumpkin Souflee" from CS is actually almost identical to Fillmore's, which had always been my favorite, so anything mixed with it is going to be good!

The spices from the two other FOs really round out the souflee to a gorgeous spicy, nutty and creamy pumpkin blend. I cured the FO over the weekend and added it to wax this morning. Can't wait to test burn!

This was actually my first order from Rustic Escentuals; I am beyond impressed! All of their pumpkins are REALLY great as stand alones. "Pumpkin Creme Brulee" and "Pumpkin Bread" are stellar. 

Thanks again for your suggestions! 

Wow! I really love your description of the blend. You really captured all the nuances and notes of the pumpkin combo. It really does have a rich, creamy, spicy, pumpkin scent yet its still mellow and not overpowering in spice or creamy or butteryness. I just love the combo and still think its the best pumpkin scent ever!

Unfortunately AH's shipping is so sky high I have been trying to replace the few oils I buy from them. I am buying more and more of my FOs for candles from Fillmore, Peaks, and CS. So I am thinking of trying Fillmore's pumpkin spice chutney as a sub or maybe Peak's sweet pumpkin spice or pumpkin honey chai or vanilla pumpkin marshmallow. Hmmmm.... may come up with something new!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Candybee said:

Wow! I really love your description of the blend. You really captured all the nuances and notes of the pumpkin combo. It really does have a rich, creamy, spicy, pumpkin scent yet its still mellow and not overpowering in spice or creamy or butteryness. I just love the combo and still think its the best pumpkin scent ever!

Unfortunately AH's shipping is so sky high I have been trying to replace the few oils I buy from them. I am buying more and more of my FOs for candles from Fillmore, Peaks, and CS. So I am thinking of trying Fillmore's pumpkin spice chutney as a sub or maybe Peak's sweet pumpkin spice or pumpkin honey chai or vanilla pumpkin marshmallow. Hmmmm.... may come up with something new!

Totally agree with you on AH shipping and I was just laying in bed last night when I couldn't sleep thinking that same thing! Pondering what I could switch out! I to love your blend and so appreciated you sharing it with us! :) thanks so much! 

• Like 2

Thats what stopped me from buying from AH before was the shipping :( its really not worth it unless you have a larger order. Peak - SC Filmore is 

MUCH cheaper :( I hope Moonshine sees the post of the apples + oats :)