Wow! Nothing is moving on this forum!

ktaggard

I am not certain!

I got an email a day or so ago from a regular poster (we exchanged emails as she previously had a document she wished to send that could not be sent here) and in addition to the question she mentioned that she was thinking of moving on since the board was still down. I emailed back and told her to clear her history and try again. Not down but a whole new board. I wonder if others think the same or are getting messages that there is no content.

I noticed that too. The landing page comes up looking like the page is down (even after clearing history)  a message comes up saying:    Sorry, we couldn't find that.  Then I click through the forums tabs & it's there.    

if anyone is trying to use a bookmark it doesn't work, either.  I had to find the board and create a new bookmark.  Plus, it is spring which is usually slower.  I don't post much but come to read a lot and used to spend hours reading new posts....not so much now.

Yes, I hope things pick up. It has been sad to come here and have nothing new to read.:( I guess I better buy more stuff and do some cool experiments, so I can post more.

I am still adjusting to this new forum format. I am missing the "what's new" tab. I know they have one here, but it is pretty weak compared to the old one. I'm hopeful it will get better. I'm sure this new forum is a work in progress. :)

Oh, and Georgia, I love seeing you on here. You are one that I remember from my newbie-newbie days 4 years ago. ( still feel like newbie, most of the time):)

There is a tab on the top right side of the home screen that is called View New Content. Once you click on that it will take you to all the new content that has been posted. Then on the left hand side of the screen you can change your preferences to display the "Forum" and then choose a time setting, e.g. 2 weeks, since last visit, etc. It seems to work just as well as the Whats New on the old board. I dont bother going to the What's New option on this new board but the View New Content is a great feature. Hope that helps. 

I've been having some problems with the private messages. I usually (not always) receive a notification in my regular email (google) that some PM could not be received or sent... but in most cases they still go through, so it's sort of confusing, but I'm sure it'll all be ok in the end.

Oh, here's another little problem: cannot add the emoticons. The ribbon at the top looks "faded", if ykwim. :-/

I tried uploading a pic to the gallery (both of them) the other day and couldn't figure it out. It wouldn't let me upload and then once I got it to upload I couldn't post, so after 20 minutes of fiddling with it, I gave up. 

Also, looking at the pics in the galleries is confusing. There are some I posted that are part of a huge tutorial (candle) but they are posted as individuals as a slideshow with no reference as to what they are and why they are there. I know what they are, but not sure anyone else will know. 

I'm not trying to complain at all! I know all new things take time and there is probably some sort of glitches that need to be addressed, but after these little humps it's going be an even better board than it already was/is!! :) 

I haven't made much of anything, after closing the business and can't seem to get any motivation (on vacation from working) to even clean up the lab. Luxury hand-crafted items in my area are not doing well for economic reasons. Craftserver is not the problem but just a general lack of enthusiasm on my part. We've pretty much said and done about everything you can say or do on some of the usual topics IMHO. Its either help a noob or complain about a distributor and that gets kinda old for me. Summer will be even slower than spring but the real issue would be to preserve this resource by keeping it active in some way. We've lost some great members like: TopofMurrayHill, Stella and some others who kept things popping.

Steve

• Like 2

People have left the forum because they either can't afford it anymore as a hobby or they had to go out of business.  Nothing going on = nothing to talk about.  I post much less than I used to, and as bad as I'm craving to place new orders for FOs I'm trying to make myself stick to using up what I already have first instead of being such a hoarder like I've been in the past.

I haven't made much of anything, after closing the business and can't seem to get any motivation (on vacation from working) to even clean up the lab. Luxury hand-crafted items in my area are not doing well for economic reasons. Craftserver is not the problem but just a general lack of enthusiasm on my part. We've pretty much said and done about everything you can say or do on some of the usual topics IMHO. Its either help a noob or complain about a distributor and that gets kinda old for me. Summer will be even slower than spring but the real issue would be to preserve this resource by keeping it active in some way. We've lost some great members like: TopofMurrayHill, Stella and some others who kept things popping.

Steve

I hear ya. Darbla too.   I respect the experience ones like yourself have & appreciate it.  Maybe like everything else, all good things slowly come to an end.  I hope not, though.   

Me too Darbla... I have enough oils here to last a couple years and yet I keep on buying

Had to throw a lot out because they went rank- didn't love them OOB and thought I would eventually pour them to see how they do in wax and well...too late

Steve I think you hit it right on....those members kept things popping and it seems more and more are dropping off- I still make candles but have found myself in a funk to where I just can't motivate to do as much as I have- not sure why

I am more hobbiest than seller but sell enough to keep things flowing so not sure what my deal is- I love the craft

It is slower.  I do try to peek on here at least once a day even though I've not made much of anything in a long while.  The last soap I made was the Goddess that I had ordered.  That was back in October/November.  I haven't made a single candle either.  My excuse...I work now and that has kept me busier than  I thought it would...given I do real estate one would think I would not have much business...but I've had a busy winter with complicated deals that took months to settle.  I've been too tired from all that running to do anything more than clean the house and cook dinner lol.  Plus, we have had the winter from hell here in Jersey this year. No motivation to really do anything or even talk if I don't have too LOL :P   And now both my husband and I came down with a stomach flu at the same time this week.  Just lifes everyday bull that has kept me away. 

I come here to get inspired and motivated though...so  I won't be leaving anytime soon.

i think the economy has taken a hit on everyone..

i don't sell..but love making, and trying new things..

my family uses my candles, soap, lotions..ect..they pay me enough for me to keep my habit going...

i don't test as many fo's as i use to..for candles..

but i like some of you..it is hard to resist buying more...

what happened to topomurryhill and stella?

i miss their posts too..

and messages..i don't even know where they are anymore...

i am disappointed about my picture icon...that was one of my daylily pictures, and i don't have it anymore, my computer crashed..so i lost it..

that icon had followed me here, i think since 2007