How Many Scents Do You Offer?

We offer about 100 scents, but not all are on our web site. I want to narrow them down too. It is so danged hard to wittle them down. I love them all and keep finding new ones I'd like to add! It is really tough to draw the line. I do think that offering too many can be distracting to customers too. Maybe?

Soapymomma

I have at least 40...have tested 30...having trouble not buying more...lol.:yay:

I have 5 apple combo ones that will be weeded down to 2, and 4 cranberry combo ones that will be weeded down also. I don't want too many similar scents. Would like to keep it around 40-45 but not sure if I can. Good thing I love testing!

I know...I'm addicted!:whoohoo:

...my name is Joanna...I'm a scentaholic.

I have about 50, but won't be cutting back. I think 50 is a good number for me since I have a very broad customer base that likes very different things. However, I have vowed not to add a new FO to my line without taking off one of my low sellers.

As a candle consumer, I can tell you that one of the most important things is choice and variety. The more variety that you have, the better chance you have of making sales. I would think that this would be especially true with candle lovers because they want to try all of the scents. I know of one candlemaker who has over 340 in stock. I keep on returning to buy her small jelly jars because I want to try all of them.

Well there are 200+ scents here, but not all of them are offered at the same time nor are they all tested. We take an average of 40-50 scents with us to a show. And we always get asked for something we don't have lol!

And as for apple scents. I tried taking it down to 2 and ended up with many more lol and a desire to try yet another new one.

I am a newbie and I am just amazed by this message board! My friend and I have just started making candles and selling them at craft fairs. We have so many questions...and in the last few days I have found the answers right here!

Thank you so much for all your help - hope someday I will be knowledgeable enough to be helpful to someone else. :)

I probably have about 150-200 scents. Im trying to cut some out of my line as you can see from the classifieds..LOL A lot of the oils I have I havent tested or tried out yet, but for some reason I can't say no when it comes to buying FO's..LOL

That sounds just like me!! LOL

Trish its becoming so bad now..LOL Everytime a supplier has a sale Im like...Oh better buy some since they are on sale. Like they would never have a sale again..LOL

Me too! Even if I already have a lb or two, I gotta get another one since it's on sale!! I'm a sucker for sales. LOL Plus I've been so busy with my wholesale orders, I haven't been able to pour/test any of the new ones I've been buying!

But that won't stop me, no, it won't! I'll continue to buy FO because I love them!! :drool:

Depends on how you look at it. Either not enough if I'm at a craft show. LOL The customers are always asking for something I don't have. And too many when I'm trying to test. :cry2: Since I am small potatoes compared to most of you I have mine by catergories. 25 for votives and tarts, 10 for containers, and 10 for air fresheners. One of my goals for this year is to test everything in my FO cabinet. It's going to be a long, long year. LOL

Wow, I can't believe the numbers I'm seeing. Being a newbie I can't even fathom the thought of having 40 let alone 200 FO's in my posession.

Just one question for you all. Do you first buy a 1oz bottle just to see if you like the scent or do you take a leap of faith and buy a first time scent in larger increments?

I just ordered a few 1 ounces from Candle Science and I can't wait to start sniffing.