I need a really strong patchouli for cold process soap!!

Moneypenny

Hi everyone! I would love to know if anyone knows of a really strong and wonderful patchouli for cold process soap! I have a lot of patchouli lovers asking me and I have always thought that they all discolored? I welcome any thoughts and suggestions! Thanks so much!!!:grin2:

Awesome!!! Thanks so much Candybee!!! They are one of my suppliers and I am just about ready to order again from them! They have a wonderful Royal Sugar Cookie and the Celestial Sea is outstanding if you have never tried those! Thanks again!!!:cheesy2:

If you want a different patchouli try Witches Brew. Haven't soaped the one from MW yet. But its on my list.

Believe it or not the Witches Brew from C&S is awesome in CP! Doesn't morph or fade and is very strong and very patchouly. An interesting spicy dark patch blend that really grows on you. I think it may be one of my all time fav patch blends. Its very earthy too. I like blending it with a good sweet honey like SGS Kisses of Honey or for more patch use EBB Patchouli Honey. I like dark, sweet, earthy patch blends.

Forgot to mention I have soaped both EBB's Patchouli Honey and MW's Patchouli Passion. Both are great for CP if you like a sweet patch. But I got to say EBB's HP is my fav. What is interesting is I think they are both conceived from the same person who now owns MW.

Before she started Moonworks she sold Flickers. Then EBB bought her FOs including Patchouli Honey. Then when she started MW she started selling 'Patchouli Passion' which is almost identical to her Patchouli Honey. I just wish she would redo her beautiful Olive Blossom. Now that was my all time fav FO!!

Candybee, EBB's Patchouli Honey is $31.99LB, Patchouli Passion is $24.00LB. Is EBB's version better do you think because it's stronger & that's why the higher price? I hope that made sense!

Forgot to mention I have soaped both EBB's Patchouli Honey and MW's Patchouli Passion. Both are great for CP if you like a sweet patch. But I got to say EBB's HP is my fav. What is interesting is I think they are both conceived from the same person who now owns MW.

Before she started Moonworks she sold Flickers. Then EBB bought her FOs including Patchouli Honey. Then when she started MW she started selling 'Patchouli Passion' which is almost identical to her Patchouli Honey. I just wish she would redo her beautiful Olive Blossom. Now that was my all time fav FO!!

Awesome!!! All of those sound fabulous Candybee!!! So many to try and so little time! Lol! Thanks again for all of your help! I will post my results when I get the chance to soap any of those wonderful fragrances! I don't know if you have tried it before but Bittercreek has a wonderful Olive Blossom! Thanks again!!

Scented, have you tried MWs Sun & Earth? Lorilei said it compares to TSW's SOP. I haven't had a chance yet, but it's on the list of one day trying. MWs is incredible!

OK but you can't toss out patch-based scents for soaps and overlook TSW's Sanguigno Orange & Patchouli lol. It will discolor to an off-white, especially the darker the oil, but it is a pure gasm in a bottle and in soap.

Candybee, EBB's Patchouli Honey is $31.99LB, Patchouli Passion is $24.00LB. Is EBB's version better do you think because it's stronger & that's why the higher price? I hope that made sense!

I tried the MW's version because it was cheaper. Was looking to get out of paying the higher price for EBB's Patch Honey. But after using both versions EBB's is defintely the best hands down and worth the extra money! They are both so similar but EBB's is stronger and has more depth. MW's reminds me of a dupe type if that makes sense.

Scented, have you tried MWs Sun & Earth? Lorilei said it compares to TSW's SOP. I haven't had a chance yet, but it's on the list of one day trying. MWs is incredible!

Funny I was just looking at my 5-fold Orange EO and thinking wouldn't that blend nicely with some patchouli? LOL

Now I will have to try MW's Sun & Earth.

You are such an enabler!! LOL

This one, I can actually make a strong candle that works well. Don't have the words for how great it is!

I enable? Now I'm going be spending more for EBBs PH!:smiley2:

Funny I was just looking at my 5-fold Orange EO and thinking wouldn't that blend nicely with some patchouli? LOL

Now I will have to try MW's Sun & Earth.

You are such an enabler!! LOL

Awesome!!! All of those sound fabulous Candybee!!! So many to try and so little time! Lol! Thanks again for all of your help! I will post my results when I get the chance to soap any of those wonderful fragrances! I don't know if you have tried it before but Bittercreek has a wonderful Olive Blossom! Thanks again!!

Oooohh! Have you soaped their Olive Blossom? Have you ever smelled the old Flicker's version of Olive blossom? Just wondering if you were able to compare. I am still sick about EBB discontinuing that FO from Flicker. So I have been on a search for a match ever since.

OH WOW!!! I have been wanting to try something from The Scent Works for a long time! Everything sounds so wonderful! Oh my gosh, my mind is just spinning! I really need to win the lottery! Lol!! Candy I have not tried the Olive Blossom is soap but I would imagine it would be great and certainly worth a try! I love it in my other bath and body products and my tarts, it is nice and strong! Thanks so much!!!:cheesy2:

Maybe thats because its a blend with patchouli in it. Its supposed to be a spices and dark patch blend. Anyway, the Witches Brew from C&S smells fantastic in CP.

Has anyone ordered Peaks Patchouli lately? I swear it has more depth than the last bottle. I put them side by side (as I still have some of the older one left) and the new one is stronger, more earthy.

You might try a sample of AH/RE "Flower Child" (Everyone digs this groovy scent! Patchouli, Sandalwood, amber, ylang, musk, violet, cedarwood, and Vanilla notes round out this cool, far out fragrance. Peace, man.) I blended this with some straight patch and it smelled like an earthy arm pit. I loved it but my dw thought it was disgusting. Customers bought it just fine. HTH

Steve