What's your favorite scent?

Belinda

With so many wonderful scents available, it's really hard to chose just one but I keep going back to Oakmoss for my personal pleasure. (mixed CS Oakmoss & Amber with Peak's Black Canyon recently -- really nice if you like earthy scents)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love CS Oakmoss & Amber in palm wax candles. Recently I tried it in CP soap and its awesome in that too! Pluse the scent stays on your skin giving you a hint of it all day long. Lovely!

I soaped Black Canyon and was a little disappointed as only the powder notes stuck. Haven't tried it in candles.

I love CS Oakmoss & Amber in palm wax candles. Recently I tried it in CP soap and its awesome in that too! Pluse the scent stays on your skin giving you a hint of it all day long. Lovely! I soaped Black Canyon and was a little disappointed as only the powder notes stuck. Haven't tried it in candles.

Candy did the CS Oakmoss & Amber discolor in your CP and what percentage of FO did you use? Thanks much!!

I love CS Oakmoss & Amber in palm wax candles. Recently I tried it in CP soap and its awesome in that too! Pluse the scent stays on your skin giving you a hint of it all day long. Lovely!

I soaped Black Canyon and was a little disappointed as only the powder notes stuck. Haven't tried it in candles.

It's amazing in 415- I have one going at work right now and it fills our office

Well, you should ! ! It has a kick-a$$ throw in 1274 and 4630 @ 3-5%

Candy did the CS Oakmoss & Amber discolor in your CP and what percentage of FO did you use? Thanks much!!

Chris - sorry to get back to you so late. Hven't read this thread in a while.

My soap cured to a light/medium tan. But then I used 50/50 aloe juice and goat milk for my liquids. When I use those ingredients I always get a tannish colored soap. So I can't say for sure it won't discolor. I used 1oz ppo. As soon as they cured and I showed them to a friend he bought them all and I still had another buyer asking for more. My second batch is curing so I hope to get these to market and see how the general public likes the scent. It really is my new fav soap scent. In CP it takes on a fresh and clean note along with the romance of the amber. Can't wait to see how it sells.

a follow up to the member who mentioned Black Canyon. I like this FO in that it's powdery but not baby soft or very floral. A great universal powdery note that I use in many blends. It's definitely one of my favorites from Peak.

Edited by rctfavr3

I haven't posted on this thread until now because, like many other crafters, it would be impossible for me to claim only one favorite fragrance oil. Some of my "best" that I really like I designed myself, too.

I will, however, after consideration, comment that the fragrance I was happiest to find was Peak's "Wild Mountain Honey". The discovery ended what was a nearly decade long search for a true and strong honey fragrance. For me it works really well as a straight fragrance or a wonderful mixer in wax, lotion and M&P soap. It can add a boost to natural beeswax candles and the clear (amber) Honey M&P soap base, I'm confident, will be a serious seller for us when we roll it out this fall with our new B&B line I'm developing.

ETA;

I will add, however, that I was very sad to see Tennessee Candle go out of business. Their "Vanilla Bean Noel" was a much favored and useful FO to me even though I'm not personally a big vanilla fan.

I started making my own drop dead "Oatmeal Milk & Honey" with it as the main ingredient. It's a rich and strong French-type vanilla that's B&B safe, "sticks" nicely and didn't discolor in my goat's milk and oatmeal M&P soap bases. I'll have to stop selling it in candles and melts and just hold it as a soap only fragrance. I only have about a pound and half of it left. My quest for more or a good replacement begins. Does it ever get easy?

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Edited by emilyspoppy

I agree BC is a nice scent. But I already have a go to powder scent. I love CS Baby Powder in both soap and candles. I love it alone and its an awesome mixer. Try it with lavender.

You're so right, as usual!

Tennessee still has a little over a LB left of the VBN. Talked to them today, HURRY!

I haven't posted on this thread until now because, like many other crafters, it would be impossible for me to claim only one favorite fragrance oil. Some of my "best" that I really like I designed myself, too.

I will, however, after consideration, comment that the fragrance I was happiest to find was Peak's "Wild Mountain Honey". The discovery ended what was a nearly decade long search for a true and strong honey fragrance. For me it works really well as a straight fragrance or a wonderful mixer in wax, lotion and M&P soap. It can add a boost to natural beeswax candles and the clear (amber) Honey M&P soap base, I'm confident, will be a serious seller for us when we roll it out this fall with our new B&B line I'm developing.

ETA;

I will add, however, that I was very sad to see Tennessee Candle go out of business. Their "Vanilla Bean Noel" was a much favored and useful FO to me even though I'm not personally a big vanilla fan.

I started making my own drop dead "Oatmeal Milk & Honey" with it as the main ingredient. It's a rich and strong French-type vanilla that's B&B safe, "sticks" nicely and didn't discolor in my goat's milk and oatmeal M&P soap bases. I'll have to stop selling it in candles and melts and just hold it as a soap only fragrance. I only have about a pound and half of it left. My quest for more or a good replacement begins. Does it ever get easy?

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

Tennessee still has a little over a LB left of the VBN. Talked to them today, HURRY![/quote

Thanks for letting me know!

According to what remains in stock, they list "Vanilla" and not "VBN". Regardless, I called them, but alas and sadly, there was no answer or answering machine to leave a message. I was also interested in their Coconut FO. Dang!

I may try again later.

This is what I was told by the woman that answers: Husband does website & emails, eventually! I believe he's ill so that could be why site is not accurate & emails are not returned. Keep trying, she even weighed the VBN for me.

Edited by ChandlerWicks

This is what I was told by the woman that answers: Husband does website & emails, eventually! I believe he's ill so that could be why site is not accurate & emails are not returned. Keep trying, she even weighed the VBN for me.

Thanks, friend!

I'll call for awhile today to try and get through. I'll be leaving very early tomorrow for medical testing and most likely won't return home until very late. If I do, however, manage to "connect", I'll send you a PM.

Thanks again!

"Dave in Muggy Maryland"

Edited by emilyspoppy
Too tired actually to be doing this!

Ok, Mr Pin Cushion, I hope your testing goes easy & well!

I know Maryland is brutal in the summer with humidity, but this place is like a swamp! I cannot bear to sweat, UGH!!!!!! Snakes, Spiders, Coyotes & Sweat! Of course the beauty of the area does make up for most of that bad.

Ok, Mr Pin Cushion, I hope your testing goes easy & well!

I know Maryland is brutal in the summer with humidity, but this place is like a swamp! I cannot bear to sweat, UGH!!!!!! Snakes, Spiders, Coyotes & Sweat! Of course the beauty of the area does make up for most of that bad.

What . . . No lions and tigers and bears? *faint* Oh my!

Not even thinking about those. A weedwacker isn't much defense against anything that big.

You need to get a bigger lawnmower or a shooting-type of defense item before they abolish the 2nd Amendment. What about the coyotes. Don't forget about them!

You need to get a bigger lawnmower or a shooting-type of defense item before they abolish the 2nd Amendment. What about the coyotes. Don't forget about them!

I think I've gotten braver stepping down from the lawnmower to a weedwacker! No guns here, uhn uh, as long as the critters stay outside we're good. That's their area, inside is mine.

Sorry OP for the Hi-Jack!