What's your favorite scent?

Belinda

Just curious what everyone likes and who they get theirs from.

Mine is anything bakery! Especially banana nut bread (I've only tried one and it's from Houston Candle supply)

Also cookie scents like buttercream sugar cookie (JS) and Mrs. Claus Cookies from NG.

Second would be anything vanilla.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too love the bakery scents, anything vanilla, also apple pie/strudel scents, starting to like some of the spa/clean scents too... (been experimenting with scents lately, so going out of my comfort zone at times!) Will have to try ICS, one supplier I haven't ordered from yet!

I am not crazy about bakery scents. I am into anything ocean, tropical or fruity. I also am also fond of some florals- like Sweet Cakes Peony. Other faves of mine include SC blueberry, SC Black Raspberry, and WSP Coconut. ICS had a beautiful Wisteria years ago that they discontinured. One of my all time favorite scents....

Edited by Noodle

I'm a patch girl, my favorite is raspberry patchouli, and blood orange patchouli. I too love the incensey and earthy scents the best. Clean scents are great. I like rare florals, they have to have a depth for me to enjoy it.

It's amazing all of the different preferences! I live in a small town in Texas so leather is really popular here and so is Mulberry, all year round! I can't imagine anyone choosing those over banana nut bread or sugar cookie! LOL!

I love the fall/holiday scents the most with the bakery scents coming in a close second followed by citrus. The scent of patch makes me ill, but I know it is a favorite to many. I love love love Pumpkin, probably because it evokes those warm and cozy feelings of the holiday season. I live in AZ where we rarely get the cold weather, so that is probably why I love the fall scents so much. Even if I dont get to experience a true fall season, I can pretend by melting pumpkin scents.

Belinda, if you are looking for a good Banana Nut Bread, you might want to give Peaks a try. Of all the BNB scents that I have tried, that is my favorite by far.

Dessa,

My quest to find a good pumpkin candle is how I stumbled on this board years ago and got into the craft of making my own melts. I was searching google to find a candle company that sold a pumpkin pie scent in the off season and low and behold discovered this site and realized that that I could make my own stuff. Well about 400 bottles of FO later (many of those being pumpkin), here I am. And I have a good pumpkin FO to boot! LOL...

My quest to find a good pumpkin candle is how I stumbled on this board years ago and got into the craft of making my own melts. I was searching google to find a candle company that sold a pumpkin pie scent in the off season and low and behold discovered this site and realized that that I could make my own stuff. Well about 400 bottles of FO later (many of those being pumpkin), here I am. And I have a good pumpkin FO to boot! LOL...

Thanks for the info about Peaks BNB! I've only used the one from Houston Candle Supply but I don't read anything about them on here. I live within driving distance of 4 suppliers but have only tried BNB from one. What are your favorite pumpkin scents? I always have people here that want a good pumpkin in the Fall. I just got in several from JS but haven't put any of them in wax yet. I'm planning to send some to another member on here tomorrow.

There are so many varieties of pumpkin and this is one scent that you will get a boatload of different opinions, but my personal favorite for a straight up pumpkin with some spice and not overly sweet is The Great Pumpkin from The CandleSource. I also really like Pumpkin Pie from BCN. For a pumpkin blend and more on the sweet side, I really like Pumpkin Ginger Streusel from Candlewic. I could probably go on and on. This weekend I plan to blend pumpkin with caramel. I just cant decide if I would rather use a spicy pumpkin or a sweet pumpkin. Decisions, decisions...

I'm an apples & cinnamon gal. Tons of good options out there for that scent combo.

Me, too and is that ever true! A friend wanted more melts and I sent her to look at my scent list. She told me the next day that I must like apple. She noted that 10 of my 36 scents involved apple. I had not paid attention.

I love the fall/holiday scents the most with the bakery scents coming in a close second. The scent of patch makes me ill, but I know it is a favorite to many.

Belinda, if you are looking for a good Banana Nut Bread, you might want to give Peaks a try. Of all the BNB scents that I have tried, that is my favorite by far.

I like spicy scents, bakery scents and sweet scents!

When it comes to patch, musk or earthy scents, I am with you Dessa. I am the anti-Lorelei!! haha!

I also agree on BNB from Peak. I love it! I also have a Banana Cake so I add Cinnamon Stick to my Peak BNB to make it spicier than the Banana Cake melts.

Guest OldGlory

Favorite FO: Blackberry Sage from Aztec

Favorite EO: Patchouli, plain, unadulterated - and I wear it like that, a few drops at a time. I have one tiny bottle with patchouli that is about 10 years old and I ration it like it was the last ounce of water on earth. My newer bottle is for every day. It reminds me of my misspent youth!

I am a herbal and woods fan- I love CS mistletoe WSP autumn lodge and Elements Rocky Mountain Christmas and SC champaca and bamboo- I burn them all year round- I could go on and on with those type scents

I have a huge problem finding fruits and citrus and bakery because I just don't like them! I'm trying but it's hard- lol

CS Macintosh apple and cinnamon buns I do like and I am finding for being what I thought was a floral hater that I am liking a lot of florals lately without the granny perfume note