What's your favorite scent?

Belinda

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't posted on this thread until now because, like many other crafters, it would be impossible for me to claim only one favorite fragrance oil. Some of my "best" that I really like I designed myself, too.

I will, however, after consideration, comment that the fragrance I was happiest to find was Peak's "Wild Mountain Honey". The discovery ended what was a nearly decade long search for a true and strong honey fragrance. For me it works really well as a straight fragrance or a wonderful mixer in wax, lotion and M&P soap. It can add a boost to natural beeswax candles and the clear (amber) Honey M&P soap base, I'm confident, will be a serious seller for us when we roll it out this fall with our new B&B line I'm developing.

ETA;

I will add, however, that I was very sad to see Tennessee Candle go out of business. Their "Vanilla Bean Noel" was a much favored and useful FO to me even though I'm not personally a big vanilla fan.

I started making my own drop dead "Oatmeal Milk & Honey" with it as the main ingredient. It's a rich and strong French-type vanilla that's B&B safe, "sticks" nicely and didn't discolor in my goat's milk and oatmeal M&P soap bases. I'll have to stop selling it in candles and melts and just hold it as a soap only fragrance. I only have about a pound and half of it left. My quest for more or a good replacement begins. Does it ever get easy?

JMO/HTH

Dave @ Charlotte Hall Country Candles

I've tried Peak's wild mountain honey and you're right, it's a very nice scent.

Is Tennessee's VBN that much better than what everyone else carries? I'm just curious because I've read that on here before but what I've tried from NG smells pretty good to me but that's the only VBN I've tried. Their Mrs. Claus Cookies is a good vanilla too if you haven't tried it.

Sorry to hear about TCS closing, especially if they carry the best VBN.

Hope you can find a replacement Dave.

I agree. I don't think I could really pick just one either but the ones that I love to pour are always any sugar cookie scent, especially JS's buttercream sugar cookie, and banana nut bread and other bakery scents. I have found some of the berry scents that I like to pour but mostly bakery. Guess I like food all the way around! LOL!

I do get tired of the same scent constantly so I switch up (like every single one of you do!). But two that I always have nearby is a good lavender and a eucalyptus/spearmint blend. I go through more soap made of those two specifically than anything else. Candles get resigned to the cooler parts of the year because it's so blazing hot here, and then it's mostly Autumn and Christmas scents.

emilyspoppy, I just bought a Glock 23 and signed up for an enhanced concealed carry class. :)

I do get tired of the same scent constantly so I switch up (like every single one of you do!). But two that I always have nearby is a good lavender and a eucalyptus/spearmint blend. I go through more soap made of those two specifically than anything else. Candles get resigned to the cooler parts of the year because it's so blazing hot here, and then it's mostly Autumn and Christmas scents.

emilyspoppy, I just bought a Glock 23 and signed up for an enhanced concealed carry class. :)

Good for you Darbia! I've been thinking about taking a class for that also.