RE/AH Cotton Candy

jackbenimble

Cotton Candy was a FO that I chased and chased!

Just checked my spreadsheet RE CC is one I have marked as "Did not pass scent test. Tossed." Have similar notes for LS CC. I thought TCS CC was too light/smelled like hot wax. I noted that Aztec CC was "odd", Candlemaker's Store notation is "not my favorite.", I liked NG's CC as well as BCN's.

My very favorite ended up being JS Cotton Candy Frosting.

• Like 1

Cooton Candy from CS is pretty good.....not super strong but still a good one to my nose and a few of my customers

Thanks dnj! I actually put that in wax yesterday and while it does smell okay it smells more like grape medicine than CC. Jmo.

hmmm you know, I just took a whiff of my bottle of CC and I smell grape too now lol

Just noticed I spelled Cotton Candy wrong....at the time I was waiting for my morning coffee to kick in and wasn't paying much attention to spelling lol

• Like 1

What a coincidence, I just did a test burn of cotton candy last night. I put a .5 oz melt in my bathroom plug in and went to bed. When I awoke this morning it filled 1/2 my house and it was very yummy. It is a soft, sweet smell (but strong), not a sickly sweet, in your face cotton candy. It has been going for 12 hours now - it is starting to fade, but is still nice. Oh, You probably want to know want company it came from :) Majestic Mountain Sage. Their FOs are a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion. I'm loving almost every fragrance from them.

I tried Cotton candy from NG awhile ago and it was too light for what I wanted. I gave a bunch of old testers to a friend and Cotton candy was in there and she's begging me to get more so I am going to order more.

• 2 years later...
On 3/26/2013 at 9:39 PM, jackbenimble said:

Has anyone ever used their CC? I have a sample and it smells very floral. I even put it in wax and still floral. I wonder if it was mislabeled? If you use their CC I'd love to know if it is worth trying again. Thanks!

I thought my nose was broken. I bought Cotton Candy from AHRE (old KY version) and all I get is floral too. At least OOB...

I agree that the RE cotton candy is a bit odd.. It's very light and airy, and not very sweet. More of a "blue" cotton candy rather than the strawberry-ish ones you normally get. Right now I'm using Just Scent's version but I'm still on the hunt for the best cotton candy!

• 10 months later...
7 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Love JS Cotton Candy - Super Strong and their cotton candy frosting is pretty delicious too.  Both are good alone and make for good mixers as well.

Do they differ much from each other ? Which do you prefer if you had to pick one ? 

I like the Cotton Candy stronger more than the frosting but it's only because I sell tons more of it.  The frosting really does have a bit more of that "icing" scent.   Having said that, both blend well with cake scents and ice cream scents.  They are quite versatile and have great throw.  I would be more than glad to send you some sniffies of both.  

• Like 1