The Candle Source Wax

Cindy/WI

Hi I have been using TCS wax for awhile started with slab form and since they have carried the pellet form that's what I have used or I should say that's what I have got. I was told by laurens sister that slab and pellets was the same. That where they get it from for some reason sends it either way. I have never noticed a difference between the two. In fact Saturday I picked my daughter up from a birthday party and my daughter came running to the car and told me I had to come in her friends house, So I go in and my daughter points out a warmer and a box of tarts that I made (My stuff is in a shop so I don't know who buys them) Her mom begins to tell me that she puts only half of my tart in her warmer (2 ounce portion cup) and fills her house! Then for the question about how the scent last after sitting for awhile. she had my Butt Naked (the candle makers store) LOVE his butt naked! It was from summer! And Strong! she started passing the tarts around and they all raved about it and others.

OK..Now I have hope again :)

I thought it was a proprietary wax but seeing they get it from somewhere, maybe not.

Ky-sam, I am so glad to read that. So perhaps it IS my old nose? I sure hope so. Like your customers, many of ours also cut the tarts in half they are so strong.

Jeanie, good to know it's not proprietary, but wouldn't you love to know who their supplier is? I mean, if Loren ever decided to quit selling that wax, would he tell us where to purchase it from? :undecided

Now, I wish our testers would hurry up with their reports! :waiting: Gave them a few new FOs to test for me, like Cashmere, Oatmeal, milk & honey, Country bumpkins, etc. Then I want to test the new FOs coming from Daystar.... hmmm, don't we just love our addiction? Does absolutely no harm to our bodies - just our wallets, lol

Oh, for those familiar with Cashmere FO, is it a fairly soft FO? Got it from Southwest Candle Supply in Mesquite, TX. Thanks!

Jeanie, good to know it's not proprietary, but wouldn't you love to know who their supplier is? I mean, if Loren ever decided to quit selling that wax, would he tell us where to purchase it from? :undecided

Ravens, you need to visit their shop and snoop around...go back after hours and pick up their trash...or send a PI over there... lol

You know, it occurred to me that I have no idea at all what type of wax this is. I thought paraffin but now I looked on their site and do not see a designation.

If it is paraffin, do we know any other pellet paraffin such as KY133?

p.s. Horsescents-While NOT as fun sounding as the P.I./sneaking around to find things, this is my idea of sleuthing. If I think something is something else I will try until I test/figure it out.

I have this stuff and don't think they are the same. Tried the KY 133 once and it's sat since. Interested to try it JaJC? Ravens? FS? Anyone?

I've been wondering about my TCS wax. Those that have the pellets would you say they are pastilles? Mine are a definite pastille form.

I have this stuff and don't think they are the same. Tried the KY 133 once and it's sat since. Interested to try it JaJC? Ravens? FS? Anyone?

I've been wondering about my TCS wax. Those that have the pellets would you say they are pastilles? Mine are a definite pastille form.

I started with the KY133. I was just starting to assess what other waxes (paraffin?) are granular...

I started with the KY133. I was just starting to assess what other waxes (paraffin?) are granular...

I have to leave for a little bit soon. Depending how the day goes, I may join in the search this evening to try to find the twin wax out there somewhere. After all this testing, if we do settle on TCS, we need to know where to go as a backup plan.

The first tart blend wax I got was more like irregular sized chips..very soft like. That is the wax I got the 3 day HT with. I use KY 133 (I have about 40 lbs of it left!) and that is actually pellet form, not like the wax I got from TCS. I haven't tried my newest tarts yet with the slab tart wax I got...but wil let everyone know as soon as I do =) I'm glad I didn't go BIG and order 60lbs of it like I did with the 133.

The first tart blend wax I got was more like irregular sized chips..very soft like. That is the wax I got the 3 day HT with. I use KY 133 (I have about 40 lbs of it left!) and that is actually pellet form, not like the wax I got from TCS. I haven't tried my newest tarts yet with the slab tart wax I got...but will let everyone know as soon as I do =) I'm glad I didn't go BIG and order 60lbs of it like I did with the 133.

Thanks for the detail. I appreciate it. Right now I have about used up all the wax I have awaiting my final decision so that I can order a bunch of whatever I decide.

Will be EAGERLY awaiting your results!

You know, it occurred to me that I have no idea at all what type of wax this is. I thought paraffin but now I looked on their site and do not see a designation.

p.s. Horsescents-While NOT as fun sounding as the P.I./sneaking around to find things, this is my idea of sleuthing. If I think something is something else I will try until I test/figure it out.

JAJC, I called TCS and asked her what kind of waxes were in their tart blend, like if it's a parasoy or what, and all she would say is that it doesn't have any soy in it and it's a blend.

I know that wax (TCS for tarts) is paraffin with additives, but no soy. When I spoke with Loren and later with his mother, they both said their wax is paraffin and they carry no soy waxes and they do not blend soy with their paraffins.

HorsescentS and Jeanie, you two are something else, but hiring a PI may not be a bad idea after all, or what about me hiding in their dumpster? :laugh2::laugh2:

I tried KY 133and it is definately not the same wax as TCS. As another poster mentioned, TCS is like irregular thin wafers. Oh, and earlier this evening I heard from one of my testers who said that Amish kitchen (Peak's), Bay Laurel (Candlewic), Bamboo sugarcane (AH), and High Maintenance (Starrville's) throw just like the "old" wax formulation.

Will update as the reports come in :wink2:

Your "wafers" are smaller than mine, nana-nanana! :laugh2:

Seriously now, is one day of HT all you get? With the "old" formula (slabs, which apparently are the same as these wafers... yeah, right...) and certain FOs, I would get tarts that smelled strong for nearly one week, without ever turning the warmer off!

Just poured two new FOs, hoping my nose will co-operate better because they are FOs I've never smelled/mixed before. The new FOs are Daystar's "Paradise" and "Blue kisses".

This is what mine look like.

Also, got me a new scale today so will be making up more blends with this to see if I can get more than a day of HT.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25813[/ATTACH]

Edited by Ravens
typos

Yup! That's what mine looked like too! (Mine were bigger too LMAO) They feel greasy like or something..

The "wafers" and slab have completely different feel to them..I don't know how it could be the same wax...?????

Uh-oh! Wasn't there a comment that the pellets that feel greasy are not the tart wax but the container wax?

Uh-oh! Wasn't there a comment that the pellets that feel greasy are not the tart wax but the container wax?

You're absolutely correct, HorsescentS, and I am the one who mentiond it.

Pita, if the "wafers" feel greasy and stick together when squeezed in the palm of your hand, I can nearly guarantee you do not have the tart wax but that lousy container wax. Just ask me and Jeanie about it... not good at all; in a word: "Vomit". Perhaps some will have luck getting it to throw, I certainly was unable to :rolleyes2.

Just poured new FOs, hoping my nose will co-operate better because they are FOs I've never smelled/mixed before. Daystar's "Paradise".

You can be ASSURED that you have a definite issue with your nose and/or wax if you are not able to smell this one after making. It is one of my favorites and one that I can get HT and longevity EVEN in my poorest wax blends.

JaJC....I think we should resume that quest.

I don't know why my pellets are smaller than everyone else's.

Ravens ~ So far, I am getting one good day HT from TCS each using 4633, 4627, and 25% each of 4630/415. The second day has HT but it is much lower than the day before. I used the same full size Scentsational warmer for all three in the same room. Oh, FO is AH Toasted Marshmallow at I think 6%. There is a chance the scale was off. It's been returned, picked one up yesterday and have another on its way to see which is better along with a calibrating weight.

Edited by jeanie353

Mine didn't still together either...

But I did finally test the slab and it does preform just as well as the other stuff..3 days! Now what to do with the 40lbs or so of 133 since I have now found my new AWESOME tart wax! YAY! =)

Mine didn't still together either...

But I did finally test the slab and it does preform just as well as the other stuff..3 days! Now what to do with the 40lbs or so of 133 since I have now found my new AWESOME tart wax! YAY! =)

Pita ~ So you got 3 days HT from the slab tart wax as well as the pellet tart wax? Could I ask which type/brand warmer you used? I'm still wondering if that may be where some of the vast differences in HT longevity are coming from. I used a Scentsational and got one full very strong 12+ hr day. Day 2 there was still HT but it had diminished significantly. I didn't try a day 3.