Emma Jar at Wallyworld

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have great HT! I only saw one cylindar at HL in Akron. Here's the measurements: 3" tall x 3 5/8" wide. I do have one from Fairway so maybe this is it. They are very close but Fairways is taller. Fairway calls this a 2 wicker.

At my HL they have two or three sizes. Mine is 3" tall too, but yours looked taller in the pic because of the camera angle. I can't wait to see your progress with those Ecos!

Not so hot! I'm down to 2 Eco1.5s in the cylindar. The 2s did well but were making jar slightly hot & flames very high. Could be the FO, if 1.5s don't work I'll go back to the 2s.

Status jars are not doing well either, lots of soot from all ecos, have a 2 in one of the jars, no soot so far. I'll post pics later.

How's yours?

Not so hot! I'm down to 2 Eco1.5s in the cylindar. The 2s did well but were making jar slightly hot & flames very high. Could be the FO, if 1.5s don't work I'll go back to the 2s.

Status jars are not doing well either, lots of soot from all ecos, have a 2 in one of the jars, no soot so far. I'll post pics later.

How's yours?

It's okay for the jar to be slightly hot. Your hands might be cool because you keep your thermostat so low. If you put your hands under comfortably hot water before touching the candle it won't seem hot, just warm. How high were the flames?

I haven't poured my cylinder jar yet, but I might get to it today. I've never seen anyone double wick the low containers that are over 3" in diameter, they always triple wick them. I'm sure double wicking works in the cylinder jar for other waxes, but I'm not sure it can be done with 4627.

Oh, gosh, I'm so sorry you're getting soot from the Eco's in your DT Status jars. They were doing so well for awhile there.

Any luck with your 20 oz Emma jar?

Edited by HorsescentS

The wax just looks so mangled or gucky! Yes the cylindar jar was the same 4 hour burn just different angles. Yes I think the Eco2 is not big enough but the soot was so bad from the 4, 6 & 8s that I wanted to try.

I think the status jar is only going to be used for Palm Waxes. I'm like one of my dogs with a bone, won't let go!

Edited by ChandlerWicks

The wax just looks so mangled or gucky! Yes the cylindar jar was the same 4 hour burn just different angles. Yes I think the Eco2 is not big enough but the soot was so bad from the 4, 6 & 8s that I wanted to try.

I think the status jar is only going to be used for Palm Waxes. I'm like one of my dogs with a bone, won't let go!

So, that was the 1st four-hour burn session for the cylinder jar? If that's the case, you almost got a FMP on the first burn, and that's fine considering the wax level is down in the jar, so those two wicks are working good so far. I think your cylinder jar it going good so far.

If you make another DT Status jar, and only fill it up to 3/4" below the rim, and then use the HTP 104 it should work for you. See, you can't really tell when you fill the jars up full like that because the flame had to struggle in a narrow tunnel for too long, instead of making a FMP on the 3rd burn session like it would have if you hadn't filled them so full. And, you might have better luck with the thicker-walled Status/Metro/Prestige jars from the candle suppliers because they'll hold more heat in.

Edited by HorsescentS

Yep, that was the 1st 4 hour burn for the 1.5 Ecos. I'll start it again in the morning. Jar didn't get too hot either.I wonder how they'll do in a full jar though?

Ok, I'll make another status this week as you said. I've never achieved a full MP until almost the end of these jars.

You can't fill that cylinder jar very full because the fitment for the lid takes up so much space, so your wax will be at least 3/4" or more below the rim and you may, or may not, have to wick up a little bit for a fuller jar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25771[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]25770[/ATTACH]Eco4 after 3 hour burn, it has to be the FO that's causing the soot. I'm back up to Eco8s, these smaller wicks won't work. The HT is down also.

Those are the two DT Status jars you've been burning for days, right? I think you must be right about the FO causing the soot.

Are you going to pour another DT Status jar filled to 3/4" below the rim and wick it with an HTP 104?

Yep those are the 2 DT status I've been trying to burn, LOL!

Yes, I'm going to try 3/4 down into jar with 104. Come to far to give up. I haven't burned the Emma Jars again, but I'll post pics as soon as I do. I know that I don't like the jar anymore, but it's filled with wax so........

Hmmmm I could melt down the wax & pour into status 3/4 from top!

Edited by ChandlerWicks

Yep those are the 2 DT status I've been trying to burn, LOL!

Yes, I'm going to try 3/4 down into jar with 104. Come to far to give up. I haven't burned the Emma Jars again, but I'll post pics as soon as I do. I know that I don't like the jar anymore, but it's filled with wax so........

Hmmmm I could melt down the wax & pour into status 3/4 from top!

I finished burning my 10 oz Emma jar all the way down, and am satisfied with the way it burned, but I haven't burned my 20 oz Emma for a few days after trying every wick configuration I can think of with HTP's and a 62z. I'm still going to try two 51z in there and I'll do that today.

My DT Status jar with the HTP 104 is below the halfway mark and burning clean and even, no problems so far. I don't know if it will get too hot in the bottom inch or so yet.

Amazing results! I just burned my 20 oz Emma jar for over five hours double wicked with 51z and the wicks didn't drown. I spaced the wicks about an inch apart or where they'd be with the wick assembly touching. After burning, the level of the wax is now 1/2" below the point where the straight side of the corner bends into the shoulder. It burned nice and clean with no waxy film on the sides of the jar.

When my daughter came in she kept praising the HT of the candle and told me not to change a thing. However, to me the flames look ridiculously small ranging in size from 1/4" to 3/8". Double wicking isn't supposed to produce flames that small, is it? I wouldn't think a customer would like the look of that.

Edited by HorsescentS

Not sure, it might change next burn. Maybe don't cut too short? If it's working you know the saying!

I asked Peak tech support what to do about the tiny flames and she said try two 60z. I can't handle those tiny flames, they look ridiculous. I'll have to order more zincs. But I'll burn it again tomorrow with the two 51z and see how it goes. No mushrooms at all, though!

Edited by HorsescentS

P.S. I re-lit those two 51z and they smoked like crazy and wouldn't stop smoking, so I tried the HTP 1212 again and it smoked like a chimney, so now I've got HTP 105 in there because I can't remember if I tried it already or if I just assumed it would be too small. I lit it 30 minutes ago and it's doing good so far.

The HTP 105 tunneled really deep and then drowned. I retried the HTP 1212 and 126 and they smoked like fiends. Darn it! The two 51z pieces I was testing were too short so they didn't touch the bottom of the jar and I was afraid they'd start sinking into the wax, so I don't have them anymore.