Emma Jar at Wallyworld

Cdns are good, I melted down my jars & mixed together to save time. I'll try tomorrow. How'd you find anything? She's redoing her website & it's difficult to follow. I can't wait until it's done!

I had a really hard time finding that info, and it finally came up on Google after several searches.

Are you sure your remelted candles will be hardened up enough by tomorrow to give an accurate burn test result?

Edited by HorsescentS

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just filled a 10 oz Emma Jar with water to calculate the wax needed to fill it to where I want, and then I used the wax calculator (Container Candle Calculator) and it looks like 8.25 oz of wax will be perfect to fill it a bit past the tops of the small arches at the top of the flat corners -- not the big arches on the sides of the jar. I think you'll like the look of that since it's more full than just going to where the flat corner breaks over into the curve of the shoulder, but it leaves enough of a heat sink, I think, and except for the corners being a bit smaller at that level it's still the same diameter side-to-side.

Ok, are you going to try LXs?

I don't have any LX's but I'll probably order a sample pack this week, although I really think CDN's might work better so I'll get some of those too. I already tried all the HTP's, Ecos, and Zincs in the 20 oz Emma Jar and nothing worked with single, double, or even triple wicking. I'm satisfied with the HTP's in the 10 oz Emma Jar, the DT Status, and I'm sure that triple wicking with HTP 52 or 62 will work for me in the HL Libbey Cylinder jar. So, at this point I'm still working on single wicking the 20 oz Emma Jar and that's what I'll be trying to do with the LX's and CDN's. After that I'm going to try the Libbey Heart dish with three HTP 83's or 93's.

• 1 month later...

I'm sure you noticed I gave up, don't like the shoulders. This one is the reason I liked the Emma, but the shoulders are better I hope! I believe CS had this but when I tried to order they were discontinued. 17 oz Anchor Footed Square Jar With Flat Glass Lid

spacer.gif17ozAnchorFootedSquareJarwithGlassLid.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

Edited by ChandlerWicks

I'm sure you noticed I gave up, don't like the shoulders. This one is the reason I liked the Emma, but the shoulders are better I hope! I believe CS had this but when I tried to order they were discontinued. 17 oz Anchor Footed Square Jar With Flat Glass Lid

spacer.gif17ozAnchorFootedSquareJarwithGlassLid.jpg&maxx=300&maxy=0

The footed square jar is pretty, but I'm not sure it will work with 4627 because it's got slim shoulders like the Ball Elite jars, which didn't work for me with 4627, because there's not enough shoulder to trap the heat of a single wick and melt the sides, but there's enough shoulder to make the double wicks just drown. :(

Edited by HorsescentS

• 1 year later...

Can I join in with testing the Emma jars? I tried soy 464 in the 10 oz and that was a miserable

Effort. I'm in the middle of testing tons of spring summer fos with soy in the straight

sided jjs from cs. I mainly use cd wicks but test with ecos and lxs Ive never used

htps. I have given up on cottons and zincs. I do have the dt status the throw is

So so. But nothing throws like paraffin to me my first love lol anyway let me know :)

You're very wcome to join in on this th read, but you won't get the help you need with soy unless you start a soy Emma Jar testing thread in the veggie wax forum.

In my opinion, 4627 Comfort Blend wax wicks similar to 6006 parasoy wax, so if you decide to try 6006 my results in this thread might help you.

Thank you. I have 3 slabs of 6006 that I can play with. My wax is not manufactured anymore so I feel like losing it. I don't know what container wax I want anymore.

Thankfully I'm still okay with all of my molded candles whew. The bit that I have tested with 6006 I didn't care for. Might just be in my head. I will be glad to try and help or give my opinions on testing. The last thing I want to do right now though is buy wicks I have no familiarity with lol

I started out three years ago with 6006 as a newby and wasn't satisfied with it, but I didn't know what I was doing at the time either, and had candle nose a lot. I recently lit one of my unburnt candles from my first pours with 6006 and am impressed. I was wondering if I could use my beloved htp wicks in it or not. If I had some 6006 in the house I'd try it in Emma jars right now...oh, snap! I can just melt some of my old 6006 candles in th e oven and pour into Emma jars. :-) :-) :-)

Oh yes, melt those puppies down and test your htp's!! :) So funny that I have no background with htp wicks. lol. I work with mainly cd's lx's and some eco's.

Eco's are last on my list lol. cottons...don't care for them at all and I stopped with zincs many yrs ago.

• 4 weeks later...