Looking for Blackberry something...

FaithfulScenter

If you put it here I'm sure there are many that have tried some of them. Daystar is known for more complex oils and not just the straight ones but I'll try:

Sweet Pumpkin - This is my go to without cinnamon pumpkin now.

Ultimate Vanilla - Strong delicious vanilla

Pizzelle - Think Funnel Cake

Wild Honeysuckle - Smells actually like honeysuckle, many others I tried did not.

Damask Rose - Really beautiful rather old fashioned rose

Creme de la Creme - like a brulee made from Eagle Brand very milky rich

Vanilla Apricot - Very sugary and a huge hit for my customers

Cake Batter - YUM Very strong too

Angel Food Cake - Like the real thing

Paradise - finally a lemon/citrus that isn't fuely!

Buttercream Frosting is very nice too

Saddle Shop is a great leather

If you want to know about others let me know....These are the more plain and traditional scents that I can think of off the top of my head.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!

Ultimate Vanilla - Strong delicious vanilla Is this a perfume vanilla or a bakery vanilla?

Paradise - finally a lemon/citrus that isn't fuely! I had a GREAT tart from Spotted Hog that was called Paradise. Lemon/Lime and almost a Ginger Ale. Delicious and strong! I wondered if this was that but the Gardenia scared me off! Do you get floral?

I smell no floral in Paradise. It must be added out to round out the fragrance, but not detectible. Please try it, it is wonderful. Just an in your face citrus/lemon.

Ultimate Vanilla is not a perfume vanilla. Straight plain vanilla, very strong. If you are looking for a sweet Vanilla, then try Vanilla Delicious.

Got the 2 Blackberry FO's from NG tonight. OOB the Blackberry Jam is just like Blackberry Jam from CMS. NOT the strong Bodacious Blackberry I am after. The Blackberry Bling is odd. Will have to try it in wax. Cannot tell if the other notes are what they describe as "sparkling".

More blackberry review to come!

hey justa, I've been making out my fo list for NG(I'll be ordering real soon) I had the blackberry bling at the top of my list...Can you expand on your "odd" description? lol... I'm looking for a really good strt blackberry to add to daystars blackberry jam butter cookie.. Did you get any other FO's from NG?.....Definitely subscribing to this thread

I so meant to get DS's ultimate vanilla for mixing. I was so afraid I'd forget the vanilla bean cookie that I somehow forgot to order the Ult Van. (don't you hate when you do that lol).. She really does vanilla well...As I've said before, I love her FO called Nathanial ( and her story that goes with it lol) It's kind of hard to describe. Kind of like a vanilla musk but not.. Hints of patchouli, sandlewood..but not much... I think its a great b&b scent and would mix with alot of FO's..And my nieghbor who crinkles her nose up at almost all b&b type fo's kept picking it back up, setting it down, picking it up lol

Okay. I tried some in some unscented lotion this morning (just for you!). Was in a hurry though because I needed to get to work. At first I got a real grass/green scent and the blackberry was more tart than sweet. Definitely no bakery. When it dried I could smell the blackberry and it did smell a bit sweeter. I do not love it OOB nor this way. Will have to see in wax.

• 4 weeks later...

I stepped out on faith and ordered a full pound of Daystars Blackberry Jam Butter Cookies, hopefully it is as great as everyone says. It should be here tomorrow! I also got a 2 ozer of Wranglers, going to try it in M&P for DH. I'll be pouring Blackberry tarts as soon as I get it, so I'll let you know what I think, if you haven't tried it already!

Well here's a thought ... how about you find a straight up blackberry and we help you make it into a scent you might just like? We sometimes play a little let's make a scent starting with one note and building on it.

Of course if we do that, you will likely need to list what other fragrances you have and we go from there.

Edited by Scented

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've read this thread and I am more confused than ever. I am looking for a blackberry cobbler scent. (Makes my mouth water to think about it.) None of these sound like they would work for that. Who has a straight up blackberry or a thought on this.

• 2 weeks later...

We use NG's Blackberry Fizz, and people seem to like the result. We tried others, but they smelled more like a pie or something -- too sweet. This one is fresh, and has a nice throw in CB-Xcel.

Now, if I could just find a good cherry that doesn't smell like a pie or remind me of cough syrup from my childhood, I'd be really happy! (Don't reply to this, I don't want to hijack the thread)

Tom-I WANT sweet and pie smelling! haha!

I keep getting tart/bitter blackberry FO's. I plan to do as Scented suggests and find a good (but sweet) blackberry and then add to make it waht I want. The hard part is finding a blackberry that I like!

Hopefully you will get suggestions on cherry. I would like to do a cherry limeade but cannot find a cherry or a lime I like. Then again, I like them sugar-y sweet!