What is your Ultimate Bakery Scent?

jackbenimble

If you could blend any FO together to create an Ultimate Bakery FO what do you think it would smell like?

I just got curious as to what folks would think of. I'm sure it would have apples, spice, crust, some creme brûlée maybe, buttercream, cake, pears, I'm just thinking off the top of my head.

Edited by jackbenimble

Not everything I just made. I am a bakery-aholic but I somehow crossed the line today. TOOOO many smells at once.

I'd say birthday cake, cupcake, buttercream, sugar cookie and perhaps toasted marshmallow.

I think I went awry when I mixed too pumpkins, spices, apple and fruits.

Seems a big 'ole ziploc full of q-tips will get you to a great blend!

Pumpkin blended w/ cinnamon, toasted marshmallow, creme brulee and birthday cake....yummm!!!:drool: Wait....for a different twist add a little pear to that please!! :grin2:

Mmmmmm, that does sound way yummy! I just wish I would find a good Pumpkin..someone mentioned BCN Pumpkin(BnL) guess what's one more to try when ya been this far, right? I'm gonna give this a try..if ya don't mind?:drool:

I will never end my search for a FO that smells just like Duncan Hines' Devil's Food cake mix while baking *drool* I've tried like five chocolate cake FO and they all smell like tootsie rolls and nothing like chocolate cake :( If they do smell sort of like cake, it has a coffee sort of smell to it that makes it off.

Mmmmmm, that does sound way yummy! I just wish I would find a good Pumpkin..someone mentioned BCN Pumpkin(BnL) guess what's one more to try when ya been this far, right? I'm gonna give this a try..if ya don't mind?:drool:

Morning!!

I have been reading quite a few posts the last month on Pumpkin Pies and seen where people had blended creme brulee and/or cinnamon into the CS Pump Pie and Pump Souffle so the week before last I ordered both the Pumpkin Pie and Pumpkin Souffle from Candle Science ...oh my gracious they are good, and this is what I created last weekend after reading posts on here.... per lb I blended .50 Pumpkin Souffle .30 Pumpkin Pie .10 Creme Brulee .10 Cinnamon and for the color which turned out perfect - per lb 1 drp Orange and 1/4 drp Coffee. I have been getting excellent reviews from my customers.:smiley2:

Edited by puma52

((( Laurens, have you tried Red Velvet Cake from BCS ? It smells like Devil's Food cake to me... or as close as I've found)

I have two other blends for bakery I love :

Apples, honey, caramel, very vanilla and birthday cake

Pumpkin Souffle , Pecan Pie, Caramel , and marshmallow

Hmm...I haven't, but it's on my list now! I've been meaning to order from BCS for a while now so this gives me an excuse :D

I will never end my search for a FO that smells just like Duncan Hines' Devil's Food cake mix while baking *drool* I've tried like five chocolate cake FO and they all smell like tootsie rolls and nothing like chocolate cake :( If they do smell sort of like cake, it has a coffee sort of smell to it that makes it off.

Lauren Aztec molten lava cake smells good also

Puma52, how in the world do you get 1/4 crop of color? I've tried dipping the end of a toothpick into the bottle but have no idea what portion of a drop that would be. It would be very handy to know how to do that!! Thanks in advance.

I tell ya Alajane... I have used the liquid drop dyes for 12 years now and like you I use the toothpick method too. Truly, it is a wild guess with hopeful thinking that I won't get too little or get too much. It usually turns out pretty good, but when you are doing a 1/4 drop it gets a little scary sometimes. :) Hey.....there's a PATENT for someone....create a liquid dye drop bottle that dispenses 1/4 drop at a time!!!:wink2:

Edited by puma52

Alrighty now....hmmmm....OK I'm game !!!!:smiley2: hee hee....If someone gave me these scents to blend I would do .30 cinnamon .30 apples (I would do some type of apple pie that already has a crust smell to it) .20 sugar cookie .10 fresh baked bread .10 pink sugar. To me people love the cinnamon and apple blends and I would make that my stand out scents in the candle and make the other scents "background scents". I could just see people smelling this candle trying to figure out what all scents are in there. I can't wait to hear what other people think...

Edited by puma52

Alrighty now....hmmmm....OK I'm game !!!!:smiley2: hee hee....If someone gave me these scents to blend I would do .30 cinnamon .30 apples (I would do some type of apple pie that already has a crust smell to it) .20 sugar cookie .10 fresh baked bread .10 pink sugar. To me people love the cinnamon and apple blends and I would make that my stand out scents in the candle and make the other scents "background scents". I could just see people smelling this candle trying to figure out what all scents are in there. I can't wait to hear what other people think...

I was hoping you'd see this and give us an amazing mix with your awesome blending powers! Hehe;-)