Problems with Gelluminations?

Kelly

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've emailed them as well about a 1 ounce fo I never received. I called them about a week ago and they said it was going out the next day. Guess I'll have to call them again tomorrow. They are also pretty hard to reach by phone.

Kind of aggrevating because they have some great sales & I've been very pleased with all of the fo's I been getting from them.

Oh good to know. I was considering calling tomorrow because I'm so frustrated with them! I placed an order with them before, no trouble and was very happy with it, this time it's been over a week and no word from them so I'm getting a little worried.

I'm just shocked when an online business doesn't respond to emails. I just find that a really poor way to run a business!! I'd rather hear "Sorry we are super busy and just swamped, but we'll get your order out as soon as we possibly can" instead of ignored emails!!

Before I got too nervous I just wanted to see if it was just me (an isolated incident)!

I've been just WAITING for this to come up. Not about emails, but they failed to send a fragrance oil in my order. They put a piece of paper in my order that it was back-ordered and that's it. No info about when it would ship.

So, I emailed saying that I wanted a refund on that fragrance oil and heard nothing. So I filed a paypal claim and they dismissed it because they did have tracking information. I still haven't gotten it.

Anyone that steals from people must need it more than me, so I am going to let it slide, but I am going to take EVERY opportunity I get to tell this story.

Their oils sucked and so does their customer service. No wonder they have such big sales.

Well I actually liked the oils. They worked well for me, but doesn't matter because if they won't answer emails it really scares me from doing future business with them. My other suppliers have been very good about emailing me back usually within hours! But this is ridiculous!!

I'm so nervous I'm not even going to ever even get my order and unfortunately for me, it's more than 1 FO.

I just can't figure out how one can run a successful online business if they don't respond to emails!?

You know I used to get those little "Out of Stock" slips all the time and I don't recall ever getting my FOs. I always got busy and forgot about them! Oh well, little to late to bring it up now.

ETA, email inquiries seemed pointless to me as well. I always had to call.

I just had to come back and say that awhile after I posted this, I got notification that my package has shipped (on a Sunday?) Still no responses to any of my emails but at least I have an update. Hopefully, all the oils will be in there!!

I placed my 1st order with them around the end of April. I ordered 11 different FOs and got 2 of those out of stock slips in the box.

Never received any sort of notification that my order had shipped nor that those 2 FOs were out of stock. I emailed asking if I could substitute for the 2 that weren't shipped and never received a reply. I did finally get the 2 oils that were backordered but I am definitely not impressed with the way the company does business.

I ordered a bunch of 1 oz samples, about 40 of them. One of them was OOS. A week later a second box arrived with one little 1 oz bottle in it.

As for the quality, I wasn't impressed nor dissappointed. I think they have some average oils, not bad, but not great. Average oils are suitable for many applications, and they have some great sales.

I got black amethyst and BBW pumpkin pie paradise. Neither one smelled like the real thing. I then ordered black amethyst from southern garden scents and it is awesome.

There are way too many reputable suppliers that I have never had a problem with. I won't be doing business with gelluminations anymore. I just can't wrap my mind around people that lie, cheat, and steal. Seriously, it just blows me away.

I just had the same problem with them. Out of stock oil, no mention about when it would be sent. Ignored emails, then she said it had been shipped but it actually had been shipped for another 10 days. Geesh don't lie about having shipped it when I can see on the package when it was really shipped:rolleyes2 It really sucks cause they do have a lot of oils for gel & I can get the gel shipped from them cheaper. The customer service sucks:mad:

I USE to use their oils about 4-5 years ago and just gave up! Horrible oils, fake smelling and I believe they were cut...JMO

Maybe they've gotten better FO's now, but seeing how their customer service is now....nah...won't waste my time.

Sorry you all are having issues....

Carrie

I have not often kicked myself for not checking the BBB before ordering from unfamiliar companies, but both Gelluminations and Brighter Scents have to be 2 of the most horrible companies I have ever encountered in my life.

I still regret spending my money at such a poorly managed communication with complete lack of communication and uncaring while packaging products.

I am very new to candle making, and this had a profound impact on whether or not I would continue to dabble in this new hobby, however, after dealing with others, I decided to avoid Gelluminations and Brighter Scents and continue this new craft.

I beg you to please contact the BBB and advise of the complete lack of communication and response from Gelluminations. Hopefully, others will do the same and new crafters will have the foresight to check out companies before buying, especially from Gelluminations and Brighter Scents.

They do not bother to communicate with their customers. I have again returned information to the BBB in hopes to get a properly packaged and undamaged wax and wicks.

I am happy to forward my letters to the BBB and emails to the company if anyone would like to see them in detail.

I just had to come to give another update. So I finally received my order and 2 of the oils were completely the wrong scent. I almost had to laugh, when I thought about emailing. I did go ahead and send the email though, hopefully they'll fix their mistake, if not they've lost a customer for good. It's very hard for me to even want to do business with a company that won't email a customer back!

I just had to come to give another update. So I finally received my order and 2 of the oils were completely the wrong scent. I almost had to laugh, when I thought about emailing. I did go ahead and send the email though, hopefully they'll fix their mistake, if not they've lost a customer for good. It's very hard for me to even want to do business with a company that won't email a customer back!

That's my biggest issue... how do you run a web based business and not answer your email? It's like having a mail order company and leaving the phone off the hook...

i found when i first started, to really search out this web site..

it can save you lots of heart ache..and flustration..

there is a wealth of info about most any company you want to check out right here too..

just put their name in the search engine..and if there is a problem..or if there is something good...you will find it here..

don't give up..just continue reading and reading here...you will start to find out the company's that have a good reputation..

some that i can think of right off the top of my head..and if i forget a good one i am not slighting them...

Daystar.

Southern Soapers

Flickers,,now sold my Elements Bath & Body

Southern Gardens

BrambleBerry

Majestic Mountain Sage

The Scent Works

Berts Heaven Scent

Indiana Candle Supply

Aroma/Rustic Essentials

Wholesale Supplies Plus..

Any one that wants to add to what i have forgotten go ahead...

I have not often kicked myself for not checking the BBB before ordering from unfamiliar companies, but both Gelluminations and Brighter Scents have to be 2 of the most horrible companies I have ever encountered in my life.

I still regret spending my money at such a poorly managed communication with complete lack of communication and uncaring while packaging products.

I am very new to candle making, and this had a profound impact on whether or not I would continue to dabble in this new hobby, however, after dealing with others, I decided to avoid Gelluminations and Brighter Scents and continue this new craft.

I beg you to please contact the BBB and advise of the complete lack of communication and response from Gelluminations. Hopefully, others will do the same and new crafters will have the foresight to check out companies before buying, especially from Gelluminations and Brighter Scents.

They do not bother to communicate with their customers. I have again returned information to the BBB in hopes to get a properly packaged and undamaged wax and wicks.

I am happy to forward my letters to the BBB and emails to the company if anyone would like to see them in detail.

I am glad I have never ordered from them. While they may have good oils, there are a LOT of good suppliers out there who do appreciate their customers and stay in contact with them, especially if there is a delay or issue.

I for one appreciate those who do come to the forum to let us know their experiences, both good and bad, because it can save others a lot of grief, time and money.

you will start to find out the company's that have a good reputation..

some that i can think of right off the top of my head..and if i forget a good one i am not slighting them...

Daystar.

Southern Soapers

Flickers,,now sold my Elements Bath & Body

Southern Gardens

BrambleBerry

Majestic Mountain Sage

The Scent Works

Berts Heaven Scent

Indiana Candle Supply

Aroma/Rustic Essentials

Wholesale Supplies Plus..

Any one that wants to add to what i have forgotten go ahead...

I would add Candle Science to the list !

If you paid with a credit card you can do a chargeback if they sent the wrong item or didn't send an item. I've had to do them before, even for Budget Rental Car when they overcharged me and refused to return my phone calls. You can even do a charge back on a debit card.

Any purchase I make online I always use a creditcard, even if it's with paypal. I trust my bank more then paypal!!

If they get too many chargebacks they'll lose their merchant account. It's a good reason to send an email and ship the right product. Even if you "lose" with paypal because of a tracking number you can still do a chargeback with you bank. Never trust paypal, never use cash or money orders and you'll be safe (or at least safer).

If you paid with a credit card you can do a chargeback if they sent the wrong item or didn't send an item. I've had to do them before, even for Budget Rental Car when they overcharged me and refused to return my phone calls. You can even do a charge back on a debit card.

Any purchase I make online I always use a creditcard, even if it's with paypal. I trust my bank more then paypal!!

Bah. I paid with my PayPal balance. Guess I won't do that again, although I'm pretty sure they've lost my business completely!! Still no response from them. I resent my email and I (mentally) give them 24 hours to respond/make things right or whatever. Like someone said earlier, there are plenty of online sellers who will actually appreciate my business. Too bad one of my best selling scents is from them.

For future reference, is it possible to do a chargeback just for the 2 items they got wrong? I'd feel bad about doing a chargeback on the whole order and keeping it, when most of it was right.

I ordered a 1 lb. bottle of Wild Watermelon for a swap deadline. I ordered on May 3rd. and thought I would get it in plenty of time. This was my first time ordering from them. 12 days went by and still nothing. I'm freaking out thinking how am I going to get this swap item out in time because the soap has to cure at least 3 weeks. I called them and it was busy or the voicemail said it was full and wouldn't even take my message! So I emailed them one last time and asked if they could tell me when this will ship out because I have a deadline to meet and that I figured I had plenty of time to order and get it. Well wouldn't you know the next day I received an email notification that my order has been shipped. I finally received it on the 19th. Pretty ridiculous if you ask me.

You guys aren't going to believe this but I just looked over my invoice again and they forgot one of my 4 ounce bottles I ordered and I didn't even realize until now because I was so upset about them forgetting the more important scent I needed!! I guess I'll have to call tomorrow. Anyone want to place bets on whether or not they will respond?

ETA - I could cry. Seriously. I'm just so upset. Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to try to get my money back? Again, I paid with my PayPal balance.

I have to just add one more thing. With gmail (which I use and so does Gelluminations) I can see when they are online. I know everytime they are logged into their email program and ignoring me. So it's like salt in my wound.