Problems with Gelluminations?

Kelly

I'm gonna send them a link to this thread. Maybe the bad publicity will teach them that customer service should be one of their priorities.

I really wish I had paid more attention to my invoices and what I actually received including their "out of stock" items. I was always so excited to get in supplies that I never paid attention to everything else. No telling how many fragrances I never received.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kelly used the "not as described or signifigantly different when complaining to paypal. It's similar to not receiving the item. When they want a description of the problem, write in the box that you were only scent part of your products and not all of them.

I would also email them and in the subject put "reporting to all online forums about your horrible customer service and ripping people off".

Then if they don't respond make a complaint at ripoffreport.com

Then make review them here: www.scentforum.com

Then email them back to let them know 3 places now know of their horrible business practices and you're willing to let everyone know that they made things right, IF they make things right. If they don't reply find any and all candle making, soap making, fragrance oil forums and keep telling people. Meanwhile email them daily, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. They'll tire of you and send the product eventually. I've had to do it for 3 or 4 months for some companies. (OH and don't use the same email address they may block you. Make up new emails and send them, a great way would be to put in the subject "I'd like to order" then state your name and say I'd really like to order more products but I won't until you send me what you owe me). There's plent of free sites for email accounts. They'll be reading the emails of the subject line of "place an order" or "new customer".

lol I hate companies that do this. I know of people that have told businesses that scam people they would send money to them via western union. In order for the company to get the funds they need to know the Money Transfer Control Number (mtcn). The person would give them an incorrect mtcn number. So the person would go out to collect their funds (wasting their time) to find that indeed there is no funds to be picked up. I'm not recommending doing this, but I do know there are some ways that you can get your money back (or at least your product) if you are persistant enough.

I almost want to order oils from them to see if they try sticking a not in stock slip in my box.

Thank's for your post addicted!!

What you said about emailing with the subject about wanting to place an order reminded me of something somewhat funny! When I first placed my order, I was having trouble with their shopping cart, which ended up just being a problem with me, but I emailed them on a Saturday night asking for help... my subject was "Coupon Code Not Working". I guess that got their attention because 40 minutes later (love gmail) they responded!! So when I wanted to place the order, pretty quick response, when there is trouble.... <insert cricket noises here>.

I don't think you should place an order though! For me it wasn't a matter of not getting things that weren't in stock, it was a matter of just not receiving them and not receiving the correct item. Here is what they say on their policy page about items not in stock "If an order is placed for a product which is out of stock, we will ship the rest of your order as soon as we can, and when the back order items become available we will ship those out to you with no additional shipping charge."

I will post updates to this thread as they become available. Who knows maybe they'll come through and fix their mistakes in which case I'd let people know. But at this point I'm not going to hold my breath.

I had to come back to let everyone know that I finally was able to speak to someone at Gelluminations last week and I was told my items would be shipping out. I am happy to report that I received everything that was missing and wrong today. Yippee!

I'm not going to lie it was stressful trying to reach someone and actually get an email back but I am satisfied with the outcome. Not sure if I'll shop there again or not... I might believe it or not. The only thing that will keep me away is the fear I might not get responses to my emails... for me that is key to running a successful online business.

But anyway, I just had to come back and let everyone know!!

Wow glad to see I'm not alone on this company. I have had trouble with contacting them too. I even called many times and never did speak to anyone. Then I thought they were ignoring my emails so I decided to do something to get their attention. I sent an email every time I walked past my computer for days, just to be annoying so they would feel my frustration. I never did hear anything back but they ended up making it right.

What stinks is I have a handful of scents that sell very well for me. I have even tried buying the same scents from other companies and they smelled so different. Like chestnuts and brown sugar, I can't find another that compares. Sorta puts me in between a rock and a hard space.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this thread wish I had seen prior, this just happened to me, I ordered a lb of the funnel cakes which I really like, but its out of stock, I got the slip and they don't answer emails, I asked for a refund, no such luck. Now I don't know if I will ever get this oil after reading this.

Has anyone had luck calling them, I guess I will try..

This is so bad, how can you run a business with this kind of customer service no wonder the great sales right now.

And its sad because this funnel cake had no cherry note like the one from ICS, and I hear the one I just ordered from Connies candles has cinnamon in it.. So I guess I will have to discontinue this scent.

have you tried Bert's from Heaven Scents?

I have not used the one you are talking about so I can't compair..but berts chestnuts and brown sugar throws very very good in my 415..it smell very good to me..

her sampler packs are very good priced..

Wow glad to see I'm not alone on this company. I have had trouble with contacting them too. I even called many times and never did speak to anyone. Then I thought they were ignoring my emails so I decided to do something to get their attention. I sent an email every time I walked past my computer for days, just to be annoying so they would feel my frustration. I never did hear anything back but they ended up making it right.

What stinks is I have a handful of scents that sell very well for me. I have even tried buying the same scents from other companies and they smelled so different. Like chestnuts and brown sugar, I can't find another that compares. Sorta puts me in between a rock and a hard space.

I'd make my own kick @$$ version of funnel cake just to piss them off. I saw Mr Missys has a powdered sugar fragrance. I think white cake, powdered sugar, and creme brulee would make an awesome funnel cake scent.

I refuse to need any supplier so bad that I put up with this crap. I'm not doing business with them anymore.

I know I am eyeing that powdered sugar, but its not body safe, but it would be great for my tarts.

I've been playing this evening trying to dupe it with cakes etc, the closest I've gotton is waffle cone, its close but not quite the same.

I'm kicking myself for not ordering more before it ran out :tiptoe:

• 2 months later...

Well, I had to just come here again, and say that since they made things right for me last time, I did end up giving them another shot. Two fragrance oils apparently out of stock (although not marked as such on their site, nor are they at this time marked out of stock). I got the dreaded slip.

Contacted them four times to find out what's up. No answer. I'll be filing a PayPal dispute if my items aren't shipped out by the end of the week, and unfortunately I don't think I will be able to continue to do business with this company, which really stinks because the Pink Frosted Cupcake I just ordered was divine. ( Anyone have a suggestion on where I can find this elsewhere?)

I guess the saying, "Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me" really applies here.

Anyway, I felt the need to come back and update the thread so others would know what dealing with this company is really like.

I, too, had a recent problem with them. There is another thread in the business side of things section with more complaints and happenings...

However, after 2 weeks, alot of unanswered emails, several phone calls that gave a recording that said they were TOO BUSY to answer, and a lot of swearing that is going to send me to hell.....I finally got my order..

I am not ordering from them again.. Paying more for GREAT CS and not to have headaches over crap is worth it to me....

Just more of my 2 cents...

Emily

Edited by pwillo2

Well hopefully I'll get my money back... if not I guess lesson learned.

But you know, wow, good for them that they get so many orders they can't pick up a phone or respond to an email. I guess I run my business completely differently. I like to be thankful for each and every order no matter how big or small, and do whatever I can (within reason of course) to make their transaction a good one so they keep coming back. Heck, who knows maybe they'd tell a friend how pleased they were with my items. You just never know right? But, Gelluminations has no reason to go above and beyond, or hey, they don't even need to bother with normal service! We should feel bad they are so busy they can't do what they are supposed to.

:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:rolleyes2

• 4 months later...

Just wanted to bring this back up to the top as a general warning about this company. While they did make the one order I did with them right, I gave them another shot and they just pulled the same old tricks.

I'd advise anyone and everyone to purchase elsewhere... somewhere that appreciates your business.

Buyer beware!

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me!! :)

I agree. They never answer emails. I finally called them after 5 weeks I had not received my order. The lady that answered the phone says she doesn't email?!?! and only answers the phone from 1-3 p.m. How can they have an online business? She said was sorry I didn't get my order, that is must have been on back order, and would send out asap. It came 3 days later. Isn't that odd. They had my money and no word on what was going on. They have some nice oils and some good oils and some not so good and some are fantastic. But I refuse to order from them anymore. There are so much better suppliers out there.

I agree. They never answer emails. I finally called them after 5 weeks I had not received my order. The lady that answered the phone says she doesn't email?!?! and only answers the phone from 1-3 p.m. How can they have an online business? She said was sorry I didn't get my order, that is must have been on back order, and would send out asap. It came 3 days later. Isn't that odd. They had my money and no word on what was going on. They have some nice oils and some good oils and some not so good and some are fantastic. But I refuse to order from them anymore. There are so much better suppliers out there.

I feel your pain, i placed an order with them back in early december, waited and waited for my oils recieved some of them 2 weeks later, they did not email me saying 3 of the oils was out of stock, so i emailed them asking when was i going to get the rest of them, l it's been almost a month and no oils, no emails from them. they had a special of 10 oils for $10.00 i thought ok i'd try some new ones, when i recieved my box there was 7 oils in it, leaked all over the place,( caps was not on them tight)so i emailed them telling them of this, nothing from them. i was very Pissed. very poor customer service. I will never order from them again. :angry2:

It's just insane how much problems they have with EVERYONE! And even those who haven't had a problem yet, well, you will. I have absolutely NO IDEA (?!) how they are still in business.

I'm going to do my best to keep this thread visible. I'm so NOT happy about their taking of my money, lying to PayPal and of course as every already knows their customer service is just the worst!!

I just feel it's important to help others realize that shopping with Gelluminations is shopping at your own risk!! If you do need to order from them, do so ONLY at sale time (so you don't end up out too much money) and ONLY using your credit card so you can have a way to get your money back if necessary.

• 4 weeks later...

Add me to the List. I placed an order. One of the items I had ordered was shown as being shipped. When the order came in, nothing but a piece of paper indicating it was out of stock. My credit card had already been charged. I contacted them to have the charge refunded. No response by email and the office girl kept telling me that Lisa or Terry would return my phone call. They didn't. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They won't respond to them. They still owe me $45.00.

By the Way, Gelluminations is also Brighter Scents.

Melody

I feel your pain, i placed an order with them back in early december, waited and waited for my oils recieved some of them 2 weeks later, they did not email me saying 3 of the oils was out of stock, so i emailed them asking when was i going to get the rest of them, l it's been almost a month and no oils, no emails from them. they had a special of 10 oils for $10.00 i thought ok i'd try some new ones, when i recieved my box there was 7 oils in it, leaked all over the place,( caps was not on them tight)so i emailed them telling them of this, nothing from them. i was very Pissed. very poor customer service. I will never order from them again. :angry2:

I finally recieved my oils, no note, or an apology I did take them off my email list . Just to bad their customer service and the way they do business sucks! They have lost my business for good.

No, I wish I had done it right away but didn't. It was not the whole order, just a portion. They were sent 2 notices from BBB but no response. I've been trying to contact them by phone....no answer.

I wish I could come up with another telephone number for them

but haven't been successful.

Melody