Problems with Gelluminations?

Kelly

Hi...I wish I'd found this site sooner! I, too, have had a problem with gelluminations. I ordered quite a few of their 16oz fragrances, but when my order came it was short 2 bottles... It had a note included saying they had run out of Sweet Pea and Cola and would send them as soon as they received a new shipment.. That was 2 months ago and I still don't have them.. I've emailed probably a dozen times (not one reply), I've tried calling (no one will answer) and I've even made a copy of the invoice and the note saying they would be sending the missing bottles.. But nothing.. They have basically stolen that money from me...

The only good thing to come of it is that I decided to order from 3 other candle company's, which gave me excellent service and very fast shipping, and their fragrances are so superior over gelluminations! If they hadn't screwed me over, I probably wouldn't have gone elsewhere and found out how inferior their fragrances really are..

The other company's I ordered from are Lonestar (awesome company), Mill Creek (another awesome) and Candles and Supplys.com out of PA...(super awesome company)...

If anyone is wondering if they should buy from gelluminations, I say run as fast as your fingers will type you to one of the three great company's mentioned above.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

klielac

Did you file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. It's real easy to do. If you need help let me know.

I know you won't hear anything back from them but I think the more complaints filed the better. My next recourse is legal. I sent them another email giving them the opportunity to either credit my card or send me the items otherwise I will take legal action. Of course, they didn't respond nor do they answer their phones.

They are getting away with this too many times. I am looking for all avenues to reconcile this for myself and others.

Melody

Edited by mlwilcox2

I just checked the better bureau's rating of gelluminations.. They have an F rating! OyVie..I wish I'd found all this before i ordered from these people..

I hope everyone who's had problems with them will add to a complaint I filed on rippoff.com If you put "complaints about gellumination" on a google search, it's the first thing that comes up.. Anyone can add to the complaint explaining what their problems with gellumination has been.. That way other candle/soap makers can be forwarned and won't waste their money with these people.. I don't know about you guys, but I really don't have money to just throw away on company's like them.. It's sad, because company's like that make people weary of buying on the internet... If enough people get their complaints out there, they'll either be forced to shape up or ship out....hopefully!

• 2 weeks later...

I've used them a lot...so far I've been lucky and gotten complete orders, my beef with them is that they dont seem to have a standard shipping schedule, sometimes they ship a couple of days after I order, sometimes its almost two weeks, and god forbid they answer an email. The ONLY time they ever answered one of mine, was when I sent one about needing to add to an order they hadnt shipped yet.

Im glad to find the info about them here though, Im sure its probably only a matter of time before I get burned

OMG what a rotten company! It is good to know because I have never ordered from them and do not plan to.

What's the deal with backorder? I ALWAYS email a customer to let them know if an item is out of stock. ALWAYS. If I know I cannot produce the item within 5 days- for whatever reason on my end. This rarely happens anyway. But when it does, I tell them. I give them the option to cancel their entire order. Why? The customer may have specifically wanted the out of stock item more than anything else in their order. The customer deserves to know in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I've ordered from Gelluminations a 'few' times....when items have been out of stock I usually get it within a few days later....gosh, now I'm gonna be leary to order from them again.

I did notice another company that was not mentioned was the Candle Source.....WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL service !!!! They are my 'total' favorite besides BitterCreek....!!

I have placed numerous orders with this company and I would say that all the comments made are very accurate. They DO NOT answer e-mails. Whenever a fragrance is out of stock they will leave a note in your order and when they ship your backorder they don't normally contact you. My last order had not been shipped 11 days after I placed the order. I e-mailed and within days a notification was sent showing me that my order was being shipped. Three fragrances were out of stock and I received a notice when my oils shipped. I like their oils and I hope that they will be able to conduct their business in a more business like manner...their customers satisfaction should always be their top priority.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard anything regarding Gelluminations?? I have an order with them for 75lbs of gel wax. One order for 25lbs (brighter scents) and one for 50lbs through Gelluminations (just found out they are the same company). It has been since 4/25 for the first order and 4/30 on the second. I have not been able to get them by phone or email. I see they are having many sales, but can't seem to fill orders that they have already debited my account for. I won't be ordering from them again. I do wonder if I will see the order or not...

Thanks, Janet

Has anyone heard anything regarding Gelluminations?? I have an order with them for 75lbs of gel wax. One order for 25lbs (brighter scents) and one for 50lbs through Gelluminations (just found out they are the same company). It has been since 4/25 for the first order and 4/30 on the second. I have not been able to get them by phone or email. I see they are having many sales, but can't seem to fill orders that they have already debited my account for. I won't be ordering from them again. I do wonder if I will see the order or not...

Thanks, Janet

I'm still waiting for half of my order of fragrance oils I ordered in March! I had never had a problem with them before so I guess it was inevitable that I would get burned with so many people having complaints. I will never use them again. Ever. Someday I hope someone sues there butts off. I have no idea how they are able to continue business when so many people having filed complaints about them. I tried to file a dispute with paypal but lost because they did have proof of shipping my original package, despite the fact it had only half my order with an IOU for the rest. Very disappointing.

I tried to file a dispute with paypal but lost because they did have proof of shipping my original package, despite the fact it had only half my order with an IOU for the rest. Very disappointing.

Did you call PayPal and explain that you didn't receive all of your order? I recently had a similar problem with TaylorBeanScents. I placed an order with them on 3/12, on 3/21 when it hadn't appeared yet I called and left them a message, they printed a shipping label on 3/23 and then nothing. On April 10 I filed a PayPal claim, still nothing, they didn't respond to any of my emails through PayPal. On April 30 I finally received the package, missing one fo.

On Monday 5/3 I received email notice from PayPal that the claim was closed since I had received my package. I immediately called them to say that was great, but they had shorted me half of my order. The PayPal rep promptly refunded me the money I had paid for merchandise I didn't receive. If they had wanted proof other than my word I have the invoice with the note "out of stock" on it that I could have faxed to them, but PayPal took my word for it. IMO it's worth pursuing.

Did you call PayPal and explain that you didn't receive all of your order? I recently had a similar problem with TaylorBeanScents. I placed an order with them on 3/12, on 3/21 when it hadn't appeared yet I called and left them a message, they printed a shipping label on 3/23 and then nothing. On April 10 I filed a PayPal claim, still nothing, they didn't respond to any of my emails through PayPal. On April 30 I finally received the package, missing one fo.

On Monday 5/3 I received email notice from PayPal that the claim was closed since I had received my package. I immediately called them to say that was great, but they had shorted me half of my order. The PayPal rep promptly refunded me the money I had paid for merchandise I didn't receive. If they had wanted proof other than my word I have the invoice with the note "out of stock" on it that I could have faxed to them, but PayPal took my word for it. IMO it's worth pursuing.

No, I didn't but I will give it a try. I wrote to them about it but never received a real response, just one of those automated ones telling me how to "prevent" problems in the future.

I've never had a problem with receiving my orders from them. My problem is the poor quality of their oils. Some are great and others are just plain awful. I'd rather spend the extra $$ for a good quality fo. I've read bad posts about this company on many forums. Hope you get everything straightened out!

• 2 weeks later...

An Update: After filing a complaint with the BBB in Iowa, lo and behold I received the missing FO I ordered in March. Of course it doesn't do me much good because I have no desire to use their products any longer.

Coincidentally, today was the deadline day the BBB had given them to respond to my complaint.

Lesson Learned.

Well I'm glad you got some sort of resolution! I should probably file something with the BBB about Taylor Bean Scents too! I know of at least one other person on this forum that had to file a PayPal claim against them! :angry2:

somehow i missed this topic-or i would not have ordered from them. however, everything worked out for me. i ordered a case of j223 or 4633 now, for their sale price at 4:00 pm monday and recieved it early afternoon that friday. didn't think that was too bad since i am in central pa. i did not order any fo's, but the total price for the wax, including shipping, was only 1 dollar more than the lowest advertised price from any supplier i saw online. now i am super relieved that i got it.

kris

somehow i missed this topic-or i would not have ordered from them. however, everything worked out for me. i ordered a case of j223 or 4633 now, for their sale price at 4:00 pm monday and recieved it early afternoon that friday. didn't think that was too bad since i am in central pa. i did not order any fo's, but the total price for the wax, including shipping, was only 1 dollar more than the lowest advertised price from any supplier i saw online. now i am super relieved that i got it.

kris

I've ordered from them for years and never had a problem until this last time. Very discouraging to say the least. I did everything I could to just get them to respond to my emails and just give me a date they could have it to me or let me exchange with something else. I am very flexible with stuff like that.

It's very hit or miss with them. I've never received my full order - something was always backordered and could take months to get. Cannot get them to pick up the phone or return calls, tho I had a friend trick them by leaving a message with a request for information about buying in bulk - they called her back within minutes.

I am done with them.

• 4 weeks later...

GREAT! now i read this, got worried after emailing 5 times with no response so I contacted paypal to file claim, as I thought maybe they were out of business as BBB said as I went through brighter scents, now they responded within a hour of me filing a claim with paypal saying this.... ]

You must be using an old phone number because our phone is not disconnected and we have no complaints against us with the BBB. Are you looking up Midwest Candle Supply? We are a new company that just bought out another website.

did they get bought out? their paypal account still says Creative Illuminations and there contact email is gelluminations@gmail.com

I did just place the order on sunday but once I read this I panicked as it was a case of wax I needed asap, hopefully it shows up :confused:

GREAT! now i read this, got worried after emailing 5 times with no response so I contacted paypal to file claim, as I thought maybe they were out of business as BBB said as I went through brighter scents, now they responded within a hour of me filing a claim with paypal saying this.... ]

You must be using an old phone number because our phone is not disconnected and we have no complaints against us with the BBB. Are you looking up Midwest Candle Supply? We are a new company that just bought out another website.

did they get bought out? their paypal account still says Creative Illuminations and there contact email is gelluminations@gmail.com

I did just place the order on sunday but once I read this I panicked as it was a case of wax I needed asap, hopefully it shows up :confused:

Not too sure about the Midwest Supply thing. one email update said Midwest Supply but also Illuminations then the last one I got just said Midwest. Nothing about them selling out to someone else. Makes me wonder what is going on:confused: Did it give any names??

I just looked at the last sale & now it says "God Bless" at the bottom but not Terry & Lisa(I think) like it used to.

Edited by CathyinME

nope no names, just Creative Illuminations, I purchased from the other site and the contact email says midwestcandlesupply@gmail.com 866-776-4355

Customer Service URL: pixel.gifhttp://www.creativeilluminations.com Customer Service Email: pixel.gifmidwestcandlesupply@gmail.com Customer Service Phone: pixel.gif 866-776-4355

the site says formally jelluminations but I did not purchase from that site I purchased from brighterscents.com

Yea, the top left of the home page says Midwest Candle Supply, formerly Gelluminations.

But as recently as June 16, Lisa was "twittering" sales/coupons/"newsletters". And I have difficulty believing that any potential buyer doing due diligence would not find the F from the BBB, or go ahead with keeping the whole shebang if they did find it.

Further, their address is the same as Gelluminations.

Things that make you go hmmmmmm.

Edited by CareBear

they replied to me on paypal saying the did not have negative feedback on the BBB, I went in and gave links to there feedback for both sites and said I did not care the feedback and would remove the dispute once I got the product, all I wanted was my case of wax anyway, so we will see, after I left links to there negative feedback rating for the BBB they never responded back and I never got shipping email or details ether :angry2: