Peaks favorites?

classiccandle

Peaks is just a gem of a place. I love these oils in candles...I blend my own 464/4633

April Downy Fresh

Banana Nut Bread

Coconut Milk

Brown Sugar and Fig

Breakfast at Tiffanys

Black Canyon

Red Currant

Patchouli (not my personal favorite - but folks rave over it)

Strawberries and Cream.

Twilight Woods

I have so more testers, but this is what I have gotten so far that I just love. HTH

Downy Fresh is the best ever- Winter Wonderland is so strong and clean smelling- I wouldnt classify it as just a Christmas scent and the Paris Twilight is very strong- this one I was not sure about at first but I have come to really like it- everytime you smell it you pick up on the different notes-its very different

and lemon pound cake is incredible and I hate food smells! and the peppermint is the best peppermint I have found so far- I am beginning to really like this company

Anyone try their spiced pear? I am glad to of read this thread so I know what samples to order next!:cheesy2:

I was wondering.....how many oz of FO do you use pp of wax? Reason I'm asking is Peaks enclosed a slip of paper saying that their oils are tested to perform well at 1/2 oz pp of wax, and for highly scented candles, you may use up to 1 oz pp. I always use 1&1/2 oz of FO (from other suppliers) pp of soywax so that threw me for a loop! Does anyone use only 1/2 oz of Peaks FO's pp of wax?

I was wondering.....how many oz of FO do you use pp of wax? Reason I'm asking is Peaks enclosed a slip of paper saying that their oils are tested to perform well at 1/2 oz pp of wax, and for highly scented candles, you may use up to 1 oz pp. I always use 1&1/2 oz of FO (from other suppliers) pp of soywax so that threw me for a loop! Does anyone use only 1/2 oz of Peaks FO's pp of wax?

The 1/2 oz ppo would be for paraffin. I use a parasoy blend and 7% for candles.

Ya it's a little less than 1 1/4oz. For easy figuring I always figure 2 grams FO/ oz of wax.

example: 15 oz wax gets 30 grams FO added. (1 oz = 28 grams) so 15 + 1 = 16oz or 1 lb. 16 oz gets 32 grams. HTH!

Thank you!!! I'll try 1 1/4 oz pp for some tarts!

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonshine viewpost.gif

Anyone try their spiced pear? I am glad to of read this thread so I know what samples to order next!:cheesy2:

Sure have, love it. Strong too.

Didn't care for it myself, not enough spice for me.

Edited by Tomara
added original quote

Peaks is my absolute favorite for FO's because everything I've tried has been great. These are what my customers like the best:

Pink Sugar

Pomegranate

Downy

French Vanilla

Amish Harvest

Love Spell

That's what I can think of off the top of my head but it's my go to place for most FO's and I'm placing an order today so this thread is great for more ideas.

One more thing, their customer service rocks! I love that chat thingy they have :)

Thanks everyone for the recommendations! I've ordered 1 oz sample sizes of the following and will let you know the results once the candles have cured.

Red Currant

Coconut Lime Verbena

Lavender

Vanilla Mint

Black Canyon

French Vanilla & Amber

Asian Sandalwood

Cranberry Apple Marmalade

Blackberry Sage

Amish Harvest

I have to say they're quick! I ordered today and not two hours later received an email stating my order had already shipped! Nice.