West Coast suppliers

I'm so surprised I haven't seen people complaining about the shortage of 464 lately, especially on the west coast. I typically buy from Candle science, but they are ALWAYS out of the 464 cases lately when I need them. I've tried to find other suppliers closer to me but I'm coming up short, or they are outrageously expensive. The places farther from me are calculating their shipping at almost $200 for 4 cases, that's insane. UGH! Anyone know of suppliers closer to CA that have decent prices?

Check out the state supplier list in the general candle section. Also, keep in mind that during the holiday rush suppliers often run out of items so it helps to stock up ahead of time. Wax is one of those items suppliers can run out of. Plus if one runs out others tend to follow as buyers look for alternative suppliers. Happens to all of us.

I buy my wax supplies for the holiday season in August/September so I know I have enough.

Edited by Candybee

34 minutes ago, Candybee said:

Check out the state supplier list in the general candle section. Also, keep in mind that during the holiday rush suppliers often run out of items so it helps to stock up ahead of time. Wax is one of those items suppliers can run out of. Plus if one runs out others tend to follow as buyers look for alternative suppliers. Happens to all of us.

I buy my wax supplies for the holiday season in August/September so I know I have enough.

I did stock up the last time they ran out. But I still have to place more orders. My accounts change and evolve constantly, there is no way I could buy all of my supplies 4 or 5 months in advance. And I don't have enough space at my shop to even hold that much raw material. You must have a very large place to hold 5 months of raw materials at one time.

This time I still have some left which is why I have some time to look around. They are saying it is because of the hurricanes a while ago that the manufacturer has trouble getting the raw materials to make the wax. 

Just now, franu61 said:

http://calcandlesupply.com/golden-wax-464-all-natural-soy-wax/

California candle supply: Their 464 is kinda expensive but they are located in glendora ca, so shipping might be reasonable to you.

Thanks, I was talking with them today. Shipping is great but the wax prices are really high :( I'm doing a small order with them to get me by. I wonder why this side of the country doesn't have candle suppliers? We don't have any soap suppliers either. 

Just now, Jeana said:

Shipping is great but the wax prices are really high :( I'm doing a small order with them to get me by. I wonder why this side of the country doesn't have candle suppliers? We don't have any soap suppliers either. 

I know!   I hope candle science gets more 464 soon.  No way can I afford calif candle supply's with shipping all the way up to the oregon border!

2 minutes ago, franu61 said:

I know!   I hope candle science gets more 464 soon.  No way can I afford calif candle supply's with shipping all the way up to the oregon border!

He said they are too small to offer the hundred weight shipping and lower wax prices CS does. Too bad, I get frustrated with CS running out of things I need. Year round too, not just during the holidays. 

@Jeana, have you checked the price of shipping at Candelwic?  They offer FedEx and UPS shipping and FedEx is always at least $10 cheaper for a case.  I have bought a few pounds of FO from them plus a 50 pound case of wax and the shipping was only $26.00.  But I live in Indiana so it may be just as costly as Candlescience to where you live.

Plus they have lots of little sales.  I started ordering with them by liking them on Facebook and got a $10 coupon.  Then I joined their mailing list and got $10 off a $50 purchase.  That would offset the shipping a little at least.

26 minutes ago, GailC said:

@Jeana, have you checked the price of shipping at Candelwic?  They offer FedEx and UPS shipping and FedEx is always at least $10 cheaper for a case.  I have bought a few pounds of FO from them plus a 50 pound case of wax and the shipping was only $26.00.  But I live in Indiana so it may be just as costly as Candlescience to where you live.

Plus they have lots of little sales.  I started ordering with them by liking them on Facebook and got a $10 coupon.  Then I joined their mailing list and got $10 off a $50 purchase.  That would offset the shipping a little at least.

Thanks, I did try them. Their UPS shipping for 4 cases was going to be $282, and their Fed ex would be $195, that's just for shipping. I like them for other items though. They have great candle dyes.

52 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Eap innovations is another place I go for candle waxes. Shipping is kinda high to me.

and bulk apothecary. With their constant coupon offers they are usually the cheapest to me, but they are in PA or OH, I forget.

Are you in the West? I've never heard of EAP, but I just looked them up. They are out of 464 too.

We who live east of the Mississippi should be counting our blessings.

I knew Northstar Candle was sort of west,  (turns out it's in Minnesota). So just to see, I put 4 cases of GW464 in my cart. 

Shipping to my cousin's zip code in California was $235.00

Shipping to my zip code in Indiana was $127.00

Even shipping is higher out there, not to mention gas and housing, etc.  :)

3 minutes ago, Jeana said:

Are you in the West? I've never heard of EAP, but I just looked them up. They are out of 464 too.

I found them in a google search for GW444 once.  I'm always on the lookout for deals.  :)  I did buy from them once because the shipping was cheap. But they sure raised the shipping rates the next time I went to order.

Sometimes I drive to Ohio and pick up wax at The Candlemaker's Store.  Ohio has a plethora of candle making supplies companies.  

You can get 4 50lb cases from Lonestar for about $140 ground shipping, but the estimated delivery date is after the 21st.

Distance didn't seem to matter for AAA Candle's shipping costs. Tried it from here on the East Coast and there on the West Coast and the ground shipping was exactly the same either way.

I'm running into this problem as well (in Utah). When CS doesn't have 464 in their Nevada warehouse I basically can't get wax. My husband has several times said we should start a place in Utah to distribute - but that seems like an even bigger headache. 

At this point I've compared the shipping and costs at every supplier and CS is our best option out west.