Roasted Pinecones

Barbara AL

I just recently received this in one of their samplers. I put it in my tart wax and it smells really nice but I haven't tested it yet.  I will say, on cold sniff, it reminds me of something else I couldn't put my finger on. (OOB and in wax). It's definitely a scent I've smelled before, I just can't remember where for the life of me.  Could be something from another supplier or maybe just a candle I've smelled before, but I found it to be a pleasant, familiar scent.  I am not sure if it's a true pine cone scent though and I don't believe I've smelled CS Pine Cones to compare to that. I'm testing it tonight and can hopefully have some better feedback! :)

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Barbara AL said:

Does anyone has this scent from The Flaming and how do you like it?

i have some coming in. Trappeur do you have this scent?

Hi Barbara,

I just checked and don't have that.  I have tried CS Pine cones and wasn't impressed and 1 other company also and wasn't impressed so I never ordered a pine cone from anyone else because of the ones I tried.  And when you really think about it....what would you think a pine cone is supposed to smell like?  A pine tree right?   So being I  have my favorite pine tree scents and knowing that to me that they are the best of the best, I just couldn't see trying another scent.....So I don't even bother getting sample of other pines...But I might just get a sample for the heck of it....can always use as a blender no problem.  When you do get it Barbara, please let us know what you think of it.  I'll be ordering from Flaming in a day or so and I'll get it....

Trappeur

1 hour ago, Barbara AL said:

Does anyone has this scent from The Flaming and how do you like it?

i have some coming in. Trappeur do you have this scent?

Barbara I just went and read the description of roasted pine cones from Flaming.

It says pine with sandalwood, vanilla and hints of raspberry.  It really sounds lovely!  Especially raspberry is a favorite of mine and being I'm addicted to pines and vanillas I just might really like this!  Thanks for posting this Barbara as I would have just skipped over that scent.  But now I'm going to get a pound of it! lol

Trappeur

• Haha 1

Barbara I have this one and personally love it. Its not your typical pine. If you have ever walked into a Hollister store it smells exactly like that. Like a clean and modern pine if that makes sense. I smell nothing of raspberry in this one. Hope this helps.

48 minutes ago, FB157 said:

Barbara I have this one and personally love it. Its not your typical pine. If you have ever walked into a Hollister store it smells exactly like that. Like a clean and modern pine if that makes sense. I smell nothing of raspberry in this one. Hope this helps.

Lol are you the person that said that in the review on the the FC website?? That's part of why I was interested in this scent and I don't smell the Hollister smell AT ALL.

It's still a good scent though. I'm melting it now and I'm pretty pleased. I have no idea what a roasted pinecone is supposed to smell like, but this has a nice pine-ish smell with a hint of something sweet, I'm guessing the berry note, but I'd never be able to detect berry without knowing it's in there. It's fairly strong in my parasoy wax melt at 7% though it is not wafting through my house quite as much as I would like (I have a pretty small house but not an open floor plan, so it always makes me happy when the scent makes its way to the back of my house). 

• Like 1

Pine cones do have their own unique scent.

Different varieties of evergreen have slightly different scents of pine cone. None, to me, smell like plain pine, pine oil, pine needle or the pine wood. Like, if your eyes are closed and someone waves a pine cone under your nose you won't mistake it for a needle or stump.

There's often a pitchy note to fresh, tightly closed cones, and a somewhat nutty note when ripening and beginning to open, but a pine cone smell is otherwise difficult to describe. 

I'll burn some from this bag I have collected and see if it has a distinct smell. Maybe campfire and CS pinecone will hit the mark?

17 hours ago, Lana said:

Lol are you the person that said that in the review on the the FC website?? That's part of why I was interested in this scent and I don't smell the Hollister smell AT ALL.

It's still a good scent though. I'm melting it now and I'm pretty pleased. I have no idea what a roasted pinecone is supposed to smell like, but this has a nice pine-ish smell with a hint of something sweet, I'm guessing the berry note, but I'd never be able to detect berry without knowing it's in there. It's fairly strong in my parasoy wax melt at 7% though it is not wafting through my house quite as much as I would like (I have a pretty small house but not an open floor plan, so it always makes me happy when the scent makes its way to the back of my house). 

Actually no that review was not from me. Its the review that made me buy it also, but I think its spot on for that store IMO.

I went and ordered that scent Barbara....I said I was going to get a pound and by mistake got 1oz....wwaaahhh....that's ok...I really need another oil like I need a hole in the head.

Good thing I ordered from Flaming today as I got their last box of 464....oh I was depressed when I heard they didn't have any more till next week.  The girl told me the plant had closed down for a week as something happened and got behind on all orders.  So I had to go and order another box from CS and paid 50.00 shipping instead of 25....argh........

Trappeur

• 2 weeks later...