I'm going to Nature's Garden's store July 21!

GailC

5 hours ago, GailC said:

Nooooo.  122! :)

Have you tried pumpkin apple butter?  I love it for fall and it is strong! Another is Christmas Cabin:)

Edited by Shar
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, GailC said:

The Candlemaker's store has lots of 1 ounce samples to sniff.  But the only fragrances you can buy there are the 'specials.'  A limited selection of reduced price FO's.  So if I found a fragrance I liked I would have to order it online.

They do have some dyes, wicks, etc, you can buy at their 'store'.  Which is just an area in the warehouse.

What about wax, because they are the cheapest according to what we use, but we'd like to pick up. Do you know? 

Go figure on the FOs lol, which actually is fine because we don't order from them as it is.

2 hours ago, Shar said:

I like this one too in all B & B products,  but haven't tried in wax. 

Well what are you waiting on? ;)

Sheer Seduction might be worth a sniff too. 

Cognac and Cubans is really smooth for a man's scent. Shouldn't be passed up. 

Would agree on Christmas Cabin. 

Narcissist but we're mixing it with a rose and a wisteria and a musk and calling it something else

Pheromones (don't worry it won't make you horny, but it is a nice scent)

Tahitian Amber ... (if you like warm and sultry ... just buy it.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scented said:

Well what are you waiting on? ;)

Sheer Seduction might be worth a sniff too. 

Cognac and Cubans is really smooth for a man's scent. Shouldn't be passed up. 

Would agree on Christmas Cabin. 

Narcissist but we're mixing it with a rose and a wisteria and a musk and calling it something else

Tahitian Amber ... (if you like warm and sultry ... just buy it.)

I remember trying Narcissist when NG first introduced the scent and didn't like it on it's own in soap,  and it faded quite a bit. Wish I had a scratch n sniff to smell your blend,  sound really nice! 

I've started to buy Pheromones many times, lol.. Off to NG site to take a peak

7 hours ago, Scented said:

What about wax, because they are the cheapest according to what we use, but we'd like to pick up. Do you know? 

Go figure on the FOs lol, which actually is fine because we don't order from them as it is.

I order my wax and jars ahead of time and choose local pick up. They may sell jars at the store also, because I saw cases of them.  But I think you have to order the wax and then pick up.  Saves oh so much in shipping charges!  I go there when I can: it's a little over 2 hours away from me.  My last wax was from Candlewic though.  I was so surprised that a 50 pound case of wax only added about $14 shipping to what I already had in my cart.  

Nature's Garden GW444 is $10 more a case than I usually pay, but still of course it will be cheaper with no shipping charges.

On Wednesday, July 19, 2017 at 9:59 AM, Trappeur said:

.....I'm about 1 hour 15 minutes away from Flaming...I should make a trip to them myself but I don't know if my truck is dependable enough to go through Atlanta and I'm a basket case driving through a big town so that is why I don't go...

I wish I lived close to you as I'd be happy to drive us over there.  The closest suppliers to me (Community Candle in AL and Cajun Candles in LA; I'm smack in the middle between them) are both 3 hours away, and none of my friends are into scent crafts like us on this forum.  And neither of those places carries the waxes I like; if they did that would make the trip worth it.

18 hours ago, Shar said:

I remember trying Narcissist when NG first introduced the scent and didn't like it on it's own in soap,  and it faded quite a bit. Wish I had a scratch n sniff to smell your blend,  sound really nice! 

I've started to buy Pheromones many times, lol.. Off to NG site to take a peak

I don't like it on its own, but combining it made something I didn't mind at all. 

• Like 1

Just now, Shar said:

Yes indeed, and report back here and let us know which you liked the best:)

Longest laugh off this ... ;) Gail knows she will anyway. All these bottles will be before her. She'll reach for one, see another and then wonder what it smells like. The temptation will grow and grow and grow till she sniffs it ... whether it's good or bad. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Scented said:

Dang it....I was going to order that one too LOL.

kidding kidding....don't need any horniness around here

Gail, have fun tomorrow!  

Edited by debratant
  • Like 3

OK, serious question:  how can she keep from getting olfactory fatigue after a bunch of sniffing?  Or getting nauseated from the overload?  She's going to be like an addict let loose and that might get painful!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scented said:

Longest laugh off this ... ;) Gail knows she will anyway. All these bottles will be before her. She'll reach for one, see another and then wonder what it smells like. The temptation will grow and grow and grow till she sniffs it ... whether it's good or bad. 

I just don't know if I can smell 800 fragrances!  Well, 760 because I have/had 40 of NG's already  I don't care how much I smell coffee beans in between sniffing. :) 

If we manage to leave my granddaughter's house by 9:30, it's a 4 1/2 hour drive, plus we'll have to stop to eat.  So I may not have more than about an hour and a half to sniff before they close at 4:30!  I have to be organized!!!! :)  

I was just checking to see if anyone else wanted me to smell a certain one before I print my list.  I told my granddaughter that my #1 best thing about the weekend will be spending time with her and my great granddaughter.  She was surprised they weren't second to smelling fragrance oils. :)

• Like 1

Just now, Belinda said:

I hope they have some coffee beans there! 

Did you know that Kohl's has coffee beans with their perfumes and colognes?  (Kohl's is a department store kind of like J C Penney's in you don't have those down in Texas.)

1 minute ago, GailC said:

Did you know that Kohl's has coffee beans with their perfumes and colognes?  (Kohl's is a department store kind of like J C Penney's in you don't have those down in Texas.)

We have Kohl's here for sure! I didn't know they had coffee beans in their perfume department though, but I've been in some perfume stores that had them. It really helps clear your nose from the previous scents. I went to Lone Star's showroom once and I think they had coffee beans there if I remember correctly. 

1 minute ago, Belinda said:

We have Kohl's here for sure! I didn't know they had coffee beans in their perfume department though, but I've been in some perfume stores that had them. It really helps clear your nose from the previous scents. I went to Lone Star's showroom once and I think they had coffee beans there if I remember correctly. 

Well, Nature's Garden better have some.  I remember years ago, going to a Party Lite party and that was when I found out about sniffing coffee.  My grandson was little then and he loved smelling everything.  Little did he know at the time that someday he would get to sniff lots of scents and get all the free candles he wanted from his grandma. :)

• Like 1

Just now, GailC said:

Well, Nature's Garden better have some.  I remember years ago, going to a Party Lite party and that was when I found out about sniffing coffee.  My grandson was little then and he loved smelling everything.  Little did he know at the time that someday he would get to sniff lots of scents and get all the free candles he wanted from his grandma. :)

Awwww, that's sweet! I bet he loves that!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

Awwww, that's sweet! I bet he loves that!

I have an even better grandson story.  Tried to post it 2 hours ago and got knocked off craftserver. My other grandson, who is 11, was with my daughter the other week, and she saw a really cheap little YC at Marshall's.  She was going to buy it for a gift, but Jackson said. "We can't betray Grandma like that." :) 

She didn't buy the candle.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, GailC said:

I have an even better grandson story.  Tried to post it 2 hours ago and got knocked off craftserver. My other grandson, who is 11, was with my daughter the other week, and she saw a really cheap little YC at Marshall's.  She was going to buy it for a gift, but Jackson said. "We can't betray Grandma like that." :) 

She didn't buy the candle.  

I LOVE it!!! That is too sweet!

20 hours ago, Darbla said:

I wish I lived close to you as I'd be happy to drive us over there.  The closest suppliers to me (Community Candle in AL and Cajun Candles in LA; I'm smack in the middle between them) are both 3 hours away, and none of my friends are into scent crafts like us on this forum.  And neither of those places carries the waxes I like; if they did that would make the trip worth it.

Aaahhh Darbla, you are so sweet....thankyou!   I love Community Candle also.  Well if you ever come this way towards Atlanta or the North GA mtns please be sure to let me know and we can meet!  But I warn you...you will have to come stay with me and cook up some of those awesome creations you make!:)

Trappeur

• Like 2