I'm going to Nature's Garden's store July 21!

GailC

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Aaahhh Darbla, you are so sweet....thankyou!   I love Community Candle also.  Well if you ever come this way towards Atlanta or the North GA mtns please be sure to let me know and we can meet!  But I warn you...you will have to come stay with me and cook up some of those awesome creations you make!:)

Trappeur

Girl, my biscuits bring the boys to the yard.  I'll make you some. :D

Edited by Darbla
typo
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Darbla said:

OK, serious question:  how can she keep from getting olfactory fatigue after a bunch of sniffing?  Or getting nauseated from the overload?  She's going to be like an addict let loose and that might get painful!

Well coffee beans work and I think they might have some ground coffee there, but you can always walk away from the fragrances and look at say the molds or other things. When I was there they had some tables put together of displays. AND they've added plenty of bath stuff ... even if you don't do it, look at it. 

Well, I kind of hate to report back because I didn't really do my visit justice.  First of all, it took longer to get there than I had planned.  Didn't get started quite as early as I wanted to, then went to pick up my granddaughter and great granddaughter, stopped for coffee, got on the road.  Had to stop for lunch of course so it was about 3:50 when we got there!  And it closes at 4:30.

The store is really nice, in the middle of Amish country...in the middle of nowhere really. :)  Well lit and clean.  And rows and rows of  little sample bottles to sniff.  So I started on my list.  Under pressure to hurry!  Sniff, sniff, sniff!  Soon smelling coffee didn't even help.  It was easier to tell right off what I definitely didn't like than what I did.  So I marked a bunch off my list.  Totally skipped all the pumpkin ones, because I have so many pumpkin fragrances already.  Some I marked OK, some I checked.  I couldn't get through the entire list I had made, but I did pretty well.  The lady at the desk was very nice and gave me extra time, so I finished sniffing about 4:45.

I really needed more time to smell some again, and it was hard to choose what to actually buy under pressure.  A lot of them were similar to what I already had.  I had just bought 10 bottles from NG in June, including 6 new fragrances, so mind you, I didn't NEED a thing. After smelling so many, I kind of lost my smeller and they seemed weak.  I'm sure they weren't really.

Sooooo, I ended up buying two not even on my list, and one was my favorite of all and my granddaughter's too.  I didn't have Coco Mango on the list because I already had an old bottle from another supplier.  But NG's is delicious!  When we got to our Hotel, our room smelled kind of musty, so I opened the Coco Mango, also put a little on a tissue on the table between our beds.  So I will always associate the lovely smell of Coco Mango with our stay.  We even smelled it every once in a while in the car on the way home.

The other one not on my list that I bought was Tranquil Sleep.  I really liked it....very soothing.  And not like anything I have.

The others I bought were

Nantucket Garden - kind of sweet smelling, but I like it!  Also different from what I have.

Indian Sandalwood (for my daughter...it smelled better than I thought it would, because I don't like sandalwood.)

Rosemary Mint - nice!  And my granddaughter caught a whiff of it every now and then in the car too...nothing spilled, just everything had been opened numerous times.)

Aloe & White Lilac - Also unique.  When you have over 100 FO's it's hard to find 'new' fragrances.

Tropical Blast - just restocking this one...very popular.  One of my favorite tropical fragrances, but I renamed it Tropical Delight

Tinsel - also restock.  This one is so popular at Christmas....and one customer likes it year round.

Some I checked for possibly buying later were Acorn Harvest, Amazing Grace, Amish Quilt, Apples & Oak, Asian Pear & Lily, Australian Bamboo, Lavender Luxury, Carrot Cake, Christmas Splendor, Clean Crisp Air, Clove, Daisy, Dandelion, Endlessly in Love, Fresh Bamboo, Harvest, Harvest Moon, Hawaiian Ginger, Home Sweet Home (when I need more), Honey Bunny, Exotic Coconut, Tahitian Waterfall, Water Lily & Jasmine, Pearamel, Raspberry Cream Cupcake (Like Raspberry Cream from Mill Creek better), Stormy Nights, Strawberry Shortcake, Tahitian Vanilla, Vanilla Bean, Vanilla Extract.

I didn't buy any fall fragrances!  But I don't need any!  I would like to go back someday and stay overnight at Wellington, such a picturesque little town.  Pretty old houses, antique stores, Spirit of 76 museum.  

The lady at the front desk said customers from far away often come and smell for awhile, then leave and have lunch or something, then come back and smell some more.  That would work better.  I would have to leave earlier!

There is no way to do justice to smelling even 100 fragrances in a short amount of time....but I don't think I could have lasted 2 hours...scent overload!  

I am well stocked up on wax for awhile though...and no shipping charges!  

• Like 1

On 7/12/2017 at 0:34 AM, franu61 said:

Oh you lucky thing!  I am curious about peppered poppies, always looking for something different.  Speaking of different  I LOVE absinthe..you should check that one out.

I didn't like Peppered Poppies at all, and neither did my granddaughter...but she doesn't like many anyway.  She thought maybe it smelled like Pop Rocks.  (candy)

I personally wasn't crazy about Absinthe.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2017 at 10:34 AM, Belinda said:

How wonderful for you Gail! Have fun! 

I'm curious about their cinnamon doughnuts if you get a chance to smell that one. I wonder if it's the same as the cinnamon sugared doughnuts from FB which I love! 

Hope you have a great time! Safe travels.

Cinnamon Doughnuts smelled good...lots of Cinnamon.  Brianna said it smelled cinnamony then sweet at the end, but not cakey.  Don't know if that helps at all.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 2:36 PM, LivInTX said:

I have purchased quite a few from NG for making bath and body items for my kids.

They LOVE their Fruit Loops, Honeydew and Red Velvet Cake.

I'm curious if they have a "true" honey scent. Not a honeysuckle scented one.

The Honey didn't smell anything like Honey to me OOB.  It didn't to Brianna either.  She said it smelled like clover or something.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017 at 9:55 PM, Shar said:

Have you tried pumpkin apple butter?  I love it for fall and it is strong! Another is Christmas Cabin:)

I didn't get around to smelling pumpkin apple butter. Wish I had of though.  And Christmas Cabin wouldn't be a favorite for me.  I like so many other Christmas ones better.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

Well, it wasn't a lost cause because you did get your wax and some oils like you said Gail.  And being with family I'm sure you had a blast.  If it means anything......I am the worlds worst procrastinator.  I'll be late for my own funeral.  I always make great plans when wanting to get somewhere but just getting going is my problem. Most of my friends and family know how I am and tell me we have to be somewhere like 1:00 when really we don't need to be there till 4:00!  Ha!   Been like this my entire life and don't reckon I will ever change this late in life.....;)

Trappeur

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Well, it wasn't a lost cause because you did get your wax and some oils like you said Gail.  And being with family I'm sure you had a blast.  If it means anything......I am the worlds worst procrastinator.  I'll be late for my own funeral.  I always make great plans when wanting to get somewhere but just getting going is my problem. Most of my friends and family know how I am and tell me we have to be somewhere like 1:00 when really we don't need to be there till 4:00!  Ha!   Been like this my entire life and don't reckon I will ever change this late in life.....;)

Trappeur

I am exactly the same way! My family tells me I need to be somewhere earlier too just so I'll hopefully be on time! LOL! I have ADD and that's one of the symptoms. That and being EXTREMELY disorganized! I do get tired of that part though. I had a cousin that always told me that I had absolutely no concept of time LOL! IT's the truth too! I am also the worst procrastinator there is. I've got to get in my wax room and get some oils together that I promised a couple of people on here last week! I hate that about myself too but I really don't intend to do it. Trapp, maybe we should start a support group LOL!

It really is disgusting Belinda.  I have some people here that I owe things to that I should have already mailed out and down right embarrassing and like you said, but after reading this I AM going to mail the stuff out this week...sometimes I need a swift kick in the butt.  And I don't mean to be like this what so ever.  I always do follow through, but late!   Like you, I've had said to me many a time I have no concept of time.... I have a friend who is never late, pays her bills always on time/always b/4 they are due and always arrives earlier than what time she is supposed to be there and if I'm 5 minutes late to her house or if I have to be ready for when we are to meet and I'm not there I'm time, she has to whine about this over and over and over all day long, even weeks later about it and it really gets quite nauseating to me and makes me mad at times I just want to bop her.  Oh well....either your my friend or not.  I accept her with all her ocd's  of perfection so she has to do the same for me, as a friend should do is what I say.  Support group?  Oh yeah, count me in!

Trappeur

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

It really is disgusting Belinda.  I have some people here that I owe things to that I should have already mailed out and down right embarrassing and like you said, but after reading this I AM going to mail the stuff out this week...sometimes I need a swift kick in the butt.  And I don't mean to be like this what so ever.  I always do follow through, but late!   Like you, I've had said to me many a time I have no concept of time.... I have a friend who is never late, pays her bills always on time/always b/4 they are due and always arrives earlier than what time she is supposed to be there and if I'm 5 minutes late to her house or if I have to be ready for when we are to meet and I'm not there I'm time, she has to whine about this over and over and over all day long, even weeks later about it and it really gets quite nauseating to me and makes me mad at times I just want to bop her.  Oh well....either your my friend or not.  I accept her with all her ocd's  of perfection so she has to do the same for me, as a friend should do is what I say.  Support group?  Oh yeah, count me in!

Trappeur

I know what you mean. I will tell someone that I'll send them samples of oils and I really really mean to get in there and do it and I'll be John Brown is weeks haven't passed and I still haven't done it. It's so embarrassing for sure because I really do have the intention to do it. I am going to get in there today and get those ready for them for sure. I don't know how things get me distracted but it happens. I have adult attention deficit disorder and I can assure you the struggle is real. I've had it my whole life but didn't know what it was until I had my youngest son diagnosed when he was in the 5th grade. I knew then what I had always struggled with. Just two weeks ago my doctor gave me medicine for it and I was SO happy thinking I would finally be able to get more organized and quit procrastinating and such, but the medicine has terrible side effects so I'm going to have to call them and see if there's something else I can take that's safer. The problem there is, I was going to call them all week last week and guess what, haven't done it yet! ADD kicks in!

Well, we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves I guess because neither one of us intend to be that way. It really is a misfiring in the brain, or at least in my case, and if you're a procrastinator and don't have any concept of time then you're likely to have it too. 

Shame on your friend for being that way! People just don't understand how hard it is for us to be on time and not procrastinate. It's not intentional for sure! She should realize that her OCD  can't be helped either.

Well, I'm going to get those oils bagged up today!

I've heard that people who are always late are optimists.  They (we) always think we have more time than we do,  to do this and this and this and then get on our way and still get there in time. :)  I have a friend who is always early, and I am the opposite, so if I am having something at my house,  I'm trying to get ready and mop and dust etc at the last minute and here she comes 20 minutes early throwing a wrench into the works. :)

I did have a wonderful weekend, with my friends and especially with my granddaughter and great granddaughter.  Put in Bay was really fun.....riding the ferry and seeing hundreds and hundreds of butterflies. eating ice cream in a quiet place right by Lake Erie.  Riding in a gold cart, looking at all the old and new houses by the lake.

Oh and the trip to Wellington and then back to Mansfield...my goodness there are a lot of Amish in that neck of the woods.  So many buggies. Saw one Amish gentleman selling baskets by the side of the road.  Boy it was hot then too!

I do think I made good choices with the oils I wound up buying.  I don't know how many times, I 'resmelled' them over the weekend.  And I don't believe any of them are similar to anything I already have which is saying something. I have Candy Cane, but the Rosemary Mint is a different mint.  I am so pleased with all of them.  

Oh Belinda, you just made my day......Ok,  you "try" and get your oils bagged and I am going to get my candles/samples done (I'll try too) and have mine ready to go out at the end of the week cause I do need a few days for my stuff.  So we both will boost one another and get our little things out of the way....But if it doesn't quite follow through like we thought it would this week, then we have next week...how's that?   Support group.....here we come! 

Love ya....

Trappeur

(Hugs and kisses to you Belinda....can't find an icon for this....wahhhh)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Oh Belinda, you just made my day......Ok,  you "try" and get your oils bagged and I am going to get my candles/samples done (I'll try too) and have mine ready to go out at the end of the week cause I do need a few days for my stuff.  So we both will boost one another and get our little things out of the way....But if it doesn't quite follow through like we thought it would this week, then we have next week...how's that?   Support group.....here we come! 

Love ya....

Trappeur

(Hugs and kisses to you Belinda....can't find an icon for this....wahhhh)

Jeez, how many support groups do we need anyway?

Procrastinators Anonymous

FOA Anonymous (fragrance oil addicts)

NOTA Anonymous (Never on Time)

But we'll never get around to starting/joining any groups we would just be late to.  And I don't want to be cured of buying too many fragrance oils any more than I want to go on a low carb diet and give up my desserts.  So never mind. :) 

Ok, then I know what could be done Gail......We could have support groups "right here" on this forum, just under a different heading......well for sure I know we would get a lot of replies on a "FO Ho" section.....lol

Trappeur

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Ok, then I know what could be done Gail......We could have support groups "right here" on this forum, just under a different heading......well for sure I know we would get a lot of replies on a "FO Ho" section.....lol

Trappeur

But have you really known anyone on this forum who is not only willing to admit they are a FO Ho, but also to say they want to overcome the addiction?   Yagottawanna.  I don't wanna. :)

10 hours ago, GailC said:

I didn't like Peppered Poppies at all, and neither did my granddaughter...but she doesn't like many anyway.  She thought maybe it smelled like Pop Rocks.  (candy)

I personally wasn't crazy about Absinthe.

Thanks for the info Gail.  After re-reading about peppered poppies it does not sound good to me either.

5 hours ago, GailC said:

But have you really known anyone on this forum who is not only willing to admit they are a FO Ho, but also to say they want to overcome the addiction?   Yagottawanna.  I don't wanna. :)

:laugh2:Well, we do have to put up a front once in a while! lol......

Trappeur

• Like 1

2 hours ago, franu61 said:

Thanks for the info Gail.  After re-reading about peppered poppies it does not sound good to me either.

You know we all like different scents....you could love it!  It was one I didn't have to think about though for myself. Crossed it off right away.  I don't think the name "Peppered Poppies" would be conducive to customer sales either. But that could be changed.

I was intrigued by the name 'Nantucket Garden' and I did actually like it.  I think it sounds pretty and smells pretty.  

How about the name 'Cotton Headed Ninny Muggin?'  Would you put that on a candle label? 

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 2:28 PM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

You all are cracking me up. My dog thinks it's playtime because I'm laughing out loud so hard. But I'm not getting out of bed just yet! lol, even though it is 9 a.m. here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pamaroma said:

You all are cracking me up. My dog thinks it's playtime because I'm laughing out loud so hard. But I'm not getting out of bed just yet! lol, even though it is 9 a.m. here.

That's a good feeling and what a great way to start off the day!  So stay in bed!

Trappeur

• Like 1