The Candle Source

lovelyscents

I really love their oils, & they have great prices & they ship fast :)

some of my my personal favorites are Pink Sugar, Love Spell ( both excellent dupes ! ) Coffee Caramel Cream & Fruit Loops. I know I have more faves but I am not caffeinated enough to remember them at the moment ? 

• Like 4

I ordered from them years ago because my granddaughter wanted Britney Spears Fantasy.  I might order from them again if they would update their website.  I don't like the scent descriptions being separate from where you order.  I know...nit picky. :)

• Like 5

Has anyone tried The Candle Source's Fresh Strawberry?  I really liked Tennessee Candles , and wondering if it is similar.  I ordered NG's fresh strawberry and don't like it as well as Tennessee's.  I wanted to try Flaming Candles sweet strawberry,  but it isn't skin safe:(

It has been a few years since I ordered , but they shipped promptly. I used to soap Be Delicious, Butt Naked,  Bed Time Bath,and Fantasy dupe. I haven't really tried many scents from them. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fresh roses is very strong and true to name, also fruit loops, baked apple, Apple pie, zucchini bread are all good.  I had a sweet dear friend of mine that sent me some of their tart wax and I have to say I'm impressed so far, only have tried stronger oils in it as of yet though.  More testing by far.  

• Like 2

I actually have pineapple cake from ICS in TCS tart wax warming right now and it travelled to my bedroom and master bath which is all the way at the other end of the house!  By the way, usually I don't seem to get a throw past my laundry room which is 3/4 of the house.  Props to ICS for the quality oil and to TCS for an amazing wax!  Cannot wait to keep testing more oils, will try and keep you updated.  We need to keep TCS in business!

• Like 2

On 7/26/2017 at 7:46 PM, lovelyscents said:

I actually have pineapple cake from ICS in TCS tart wax warming right now and it travelled to my bedroom and master bath which is all the way at the other end of the house!  By the way, usually I don't seem to get a throw past my laundry room which is 3/4 of the house.  Props to ICS for the quality oil and to TCS for an amazing wax!  Cannot wait to keep testing more oils, will try and keep you updated.  We need to keep TCS in business!

SO good to hear! I love TCS wax and their oils! 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2017 at 1:58 PM, soshiegirl said:

The website is NOT easy on they eyes but I do love their Juicy Sweet Cherry, Orange Creamsicle, and J&J Bedtime Bath.

So you say you like their orange creamsicle Soshie?  This is a huge seller for me and I have been using FBuddy but I would like to persue further and find a great ultimate one.  You've made recommendations to me in the past and they were great like that Vanilla Chardonnay so I'm going to order a small bottle of it.  Have you tried other Orange Creamsicles and do you find this one to be the best?  Thanks.

Trappeur

On 7/26/2017 at 8:46 PM, lovelyscents said:

Which wax or tart wax do you use from them . Ive never ordered anything from them before. What state are they in ? The "new" Eco soya waxes are not out 

yet from what I can see anyhow, looks like sometime in August.

4 hours ago, Trappeur said:

So you say you like their orange creamsicle Soshie?  This is a huge seller for me and I have been using FBuddy but I would like to persue further and find a great ultimate one.  You've made recommendations to me in the past and they were great like that Vanilla Chardonnay so I'm going to order a small bottle of it.  Have you tried other Orange Creamsicles and do you find this one to be the best?  Thanks.

Trappeur

Most Orange Creamsicles Ive tried have too sharp of a scent to my nose. WSP has a few different ones so I'll try those one of these days. I did try the one 

from Fillmore but it had that sharpness too. Im looking for something smoother, in my mind Orange Creamsicle has a sweeter smell to it. 

On 7/12/2017 at 1:58 PM, soshiegirl said:

The website is NOT easy on they eyes but I do love their Juicy Sweet Cherry, Orange Creamsicle, and J&J Bedtime Bath.

OMG I just went on their web-site - it is VERY outdated. Theres not even a bar to type in what your looking for. The 2 companies that I find

have the easiest site to navigate are WSP and Brambelberry . If I have to try too hard to find anything I just move on. Very annoying. Another

thing that bugs me is The Candle Makers Store ... They don't even include any descriptions or at a minimum notes. So dumb.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

OMG I just went on their web-site - it is VERY outdated. Theres not even a bar to type in what your looking for. The 2 companies that I find

have the easiest site to navigate are WSP and Brambelberry . If I have to try too hard to find anything I just move on. Very annoying. Another

thing that bugs me is The Candle Makers Store ... They don't even include any descriptions or at a minimum notes. So dumb.

I really like Mill Creek but not their website either.  I have emailed them with suggestions, but so far they haven't listened to me. :)  They don't have a search option or an option to have an account.  So I can't play around putting stuff in a cart and have it stay there until I make up my mind.  

They do have good scent descriptions though. But no reviews.  I agree the The Candlemaker's store, with all its 1000 fragrances, would sell a lot more of those if they would include scent descriptions. 

In this day and age, I believe there is just no excuse to have a website as sloppy as The Candle Source.  Turns me off.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GailC said:

I really like Mill Creek but not their website either.  I have emailed them with suggestions, but so far they haven't listened to me. :)  They don't have a search option or an option to have an account.  So I can't play around putting stuff in a cart and have it stay there until I make up my mind.  

They do have good scent descriptions though. But no reviews.  I agree the The Candlemaker's store, with all its 1000 fragrances, would sell a lot more of those if they would include scent descriptions. 

In this day and age, I believe there is just no excuse to have a website as sloppy as The Candle Source.  Turns me off.  

I did message The Candle Makers Store about no descriptions and their answer was everyone has a different perception of smell. Really ????

No Kidding ! That even applies to FO's with descriptions - 2 people can smell something different. Turns me off too - Big Time !

2 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I did message The Candle Makers Store about no descriptions and their answer was everyone has a different perception of smell. Really ????

No Kidding ! That even applies to FO's with descriptions - 2 people can smell something different. Turns me off too - Big Time !

Exactly.  I still don't know how something smells until I actually smell it, but I still like scent descriptions to know if it contains floral, fruit, vanilla, musk and on and on.  When I put a new candle on my facebook page, it sure helps if customers have a clue at least what, say Monkey Farts, smells like. :)

I made fresh brewed coffee candles with NG Fragrance oil, and I hate it.  But some people says it smells JUST like coffee and they like/love it.  Some people say it smells like burnt popcorn and they don't like it.  I think that is the fragrance I get the most extreme opinions on.  

Or maybe it's pipe smoke.  Ordered it special for one customer who wound up ordering only 4 melts!  But she really liked it.  My grandson smelled it the other night and I thought he was going to barf. :)  He had a violently bad reaction when he smelled it.  It was actually funny.  But the customer who liked it thought it was a fragrance men would like....nope.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Which wax or tart wax do you use from them . Ive never ordered anything from them before. What state are they in ? The "new" Eco soya waxes are not out 

yet from what I can see anyhow, looks like sometime in August.

Hi Moonstar!  

I am testing their tart wax and they're in Ohio.  :) 

On 7/29/2017 at 4:15 AM, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Trappeur,

I'm glad that scent worked out for you.  As for creamsicle, it's my favorite.  I've tried all different kinds of dreamsicles, orange vanillas, etc.   It smells just like the ice cream.  It's more rich than just an orange vanilla scent.  There's a creaminess to it.  

On 7/29/2017 at 9:07 AM, Moonstar said:

Moonstar, I totally agree.  When I asked the Candle Makers Store why they didn't have descriptions, I was told they felt the scent name was description enough; this was also a very long time ago.  Alas, I do not purchase from them - I hope I'm not missing too many great scents ;).