Looking for spicy, but not sweet FO

GailC

I was going to try Amish Quilt from Rustic Escentuals, but did a search here and found that some said it was a sweet scent.  I'm looking for an FO that is spicy, but not overly sweet.  Not straight cinnamon because I have that already.

A lot of my FO's are too sweet for my granddaughter.  

Any others from RE fit that description?  Or Nature's Garden?

Warm n cozy is a good one 

so is warm vanilla nutmeg but that does have more sweet notes 

if your willing to purchase elsewhere peak Amish harvest is perfect

spicy with just enough sweet to make it not at all bakery 

Edited by moonshine
  • Like 1

Thanks!

I was looking at Warm & Cozy, but there were no reviews. I wanted to order another fragrance from RE plus some liquid dye, so don't want to order from Peak just now, even though I've read good things about Amish Harvest.  Trying to save on shipping by getting what I need from one supplier.  You know how that is.

16 hours ago, GailC said:

Thanks!

I was looking at Warm & Cozy, but there were no reviews. I wanted to order another fragrance from RE plus some liquid dye, so don't want to order from Peak just now, even though I've read good things about Amish Harvest.  Trying to save on shipping by getting what I need from one supplier.  You know how that is.

I have a bunch of 1 oz samples from RE that I have for sale 

if your  out East or Mid West and are interested let me know :) 

This is the description from WSP -  A warm and complex blend of cinnamon bark, clove leaf, spiced rum, jasmine petals, tahitian vanilla, sandalwood and musk.  On the reviews a couple said it was a little sweet.  I use it in paraffin and the HT is fine to me.

• Like 1

I like Re's Candied Ginger, not real sweet.  Cardamom Cedar Blossom is also a good one, I tried it even though no reviews and I like it.   I'm sure there are others I've tried from RE but I can't think of them, lol. 

Thought of another, Autumn Spice says vanilla but when you look at the description it has no vanillin in it.  I haven't tried it yet but OOB smells like cinnamon & clove and maybe a tad of anise?

Edited by kandlekrazy
  • Like 1

Celtic Moonspice from RE is good.  I personally like Baked Apple because it's mainly all spice to my nose.  Lots of cinnamon in it.  If you like ginger, Golden Opium is an earthy ginger type of scent.

• Like 2

I mix juniper berry cedar with peppercorn from RE and it's nice and spicy w no sweetness to it. I'm sure either would be fine by themselves too. This isn't really "spicy" but I really like Fig & cassis from RE. It's complex and not very sweet, to my nose.  

• Like 1

On 1/11/2017 at 2:15 PM, Beaches said:

Celtic Moonspice from RE is good.  I personally like Baked Apple because it's mainly all spice to my nose.  Lots of cinnamon in it.  If you like ginger, Golden Opium is an earthy ginger type of scent.

I think I've decided on Celtic Moonspice.  Did a search on it and someone here said it smelled like Peak's Amish Harvest which was also recommended.  It's so hard to choose!

Baked Apple is the other fragrance I'm ordering.  I love it, but it does smell like Spicy Apple to me.  Just like Home Interiors Baked Apple candle back in the 80's.  My favorite!

Edited by GailC
  • Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 4:32 PM, kandlekrazy said:

I like Re's Candied Ginger, not real sweet.  Cardamom Cedar Blossom is also a good one, I tried it even though no reviews and I like it.   I'm sure there are others I've tried from RE but I can't think of them, lol. 

Thought of another, Autumn Spice says vanilla but when you look at the description it has no vanillin in it.  I haven't tried it yet but OOB smells like cinnamon & clove and maybe a tad of anise?

I was just reading Autumn Spice's scent description and noticed it said buttery vanilla, but also says no vanilla content.  ????  I do like clove.  Now I'm torn between Celtic Moonspice and Autumn Spice.  Sheesh!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

I was just reading Autumn Spice's scent description and noticed it said buttery vanilla, but also says no vanilla content.  ????  I do like clove.  Now I'm torn between Celtic Moonspice and Autumn Spice.  Sheesh!

I don't smell vanilla oob, very spicy.  Still haven't put it in wax and I'll be out of town for another week so no chance of it happening this month.

Just a little spice huh? I mix Candle Science's Holly Berry and Snickerdoodle, it smells like the radiant Christmas Morning joy on a child's face when they first see the tree... It's just wonderful. Like warm snickerdoodle sugar cookies and milk.  If this is strictly for a Candle or maybe some lotion I'd have to say Candle Science's Christmas Hearth is just TDF. 

The Holly Berry is warm and almost honey with a little bit of warm mulling spices and leaves you feeling like you had passed by the faintest pine or something green in background. 

Snickerdoodle, is just like a warm snickerdoodle sugar cookie fresh out of the oven spicy but not overpowering. It's more spicey than a honey graham cracker but not like a pumpkin pie... It's somewhere in the middle ether there... 

Christmas Hearth, I swear Candle Science is making this from freshly squeezed angels somehow... But THEY describe it as  

"A classic holiday fragrance that tells the story of a cozy holiday night spent sipping wine in front of the fireplace. Christmas Hearth combines orange spice notes from the kitchen, fir and pine notes from the Christmas tree, and an earthy smokiness from the fireplace. It's Christmas Eve, in a bottle, any time." 

I just WISH this could be used in soaps... 

Cheers,

Sponiebr

On 1/12/2017 at 8:35 PM, kandlekrazy said:

I don't smell vanilla oob, very spicy.  Still haven't put it in wax and I'll be out of town for another week so no chance of it happening this month.

Well, I went with Celtic Moonspice and it will be here tomorrow. I wish I could go to these suppliers' places of business and actually smell the FO's. :)

I used to be able to do that when Bluegrass Candle was in Indianapolis about 30 minutes away from me.  And I've driven to Ohio a few times to The Candlemaker's Store and smelled lots of their FO's.  

• 5 months later...
On 1/13/2017 at 2:36 PM, Sponiebr said:

Just a little spice huh? I mix Candle Science's Holly Berry and Snickerdoodle, it smells like the radiant Christmas Morning joy on a child's face when they first see the tree... It's just wonderful. Like warm snickerdoodle sugar cookies and milk.  If this is strictly for a Candle or maybe some lotion I'd have to say Candle Science's Christmas Hearth is just TDF. 

The Holly Berry is warm and almost honey with a little bit of warm mulling spices and leaves you feeling like you had passed by the faintest pine or something green in background. 

Snickerdoodle, is just like a warm snickerdoodle sugar cookie fresh out of the oven spicy but not overpowering. It's more spicey than a honey graham cracker but not like a pumpkin pie... It's somewhere in the middle ether there... 

Christmas Hearth, I swear Candle Science is making this from freshly squeezed angels somehow... But THEY describe it as  

"A classic holiday fragrance that tells the story of a cozy holiday night spent sipping wine in front of the fireplace. Christmas Hearth combines orange spice notes from the kitchen, fir and pine notes from the Christmas tree, and an earthy smokiness from the fireplace. It's Christmas Eve, in a bottle, any time." 

I just WISH this could be used in soaps... 

Cheers,

Sponiebr

I know Trapper really like the CS Christmas Hearth too. IDK, to me I get a bit of a cough syrup type smell. Maybe it changes in wax ?? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

I know Trapper really like the CS Christmas Hearth too. IDK, to me I get a bit of a cough syrup type smell. Maybe it changes in wax ?? 

OOB? It's not great OOB, and it smells differently in a candle. Those weird nearly pure stearic  acid candles with the smashed up wood wicks I did at the beginning of the year were scented with CS Christmas Hearth. TO Frigg'n DIE FOR! But sniffers, like butts, tickle for different licks. Your mileage WILL vary. 

• Like 1